Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● Former Chicago White Sox player and Curtis Baptist baseball coach Chico Valdez is holding tryouts for a 9-year-old travel baseball team. Players can not have turned 10 before May 1. Call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806 for information.
● The 25th annual Clint Bryant Basketball Camp for boys and girls K-12 will be held July 15-19 at the Riverview Park Activities Center in North Augusta. Camp hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. the first four days and 9 a.m.-noon the final day. Lunch is provided the first four days. Registration fees are $175 Monday through Friday of this week, $225 from July 6-14 and $250 on July 15. For more details, contact Trish at (706) 825-2232 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Micah Lancaster “I’m possible Training” summer elite skills camp will be held on July 29- August 1 at Augusta Christian School from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The camp is open to boys and girls grades 4-12. Registration is $175 per camper. To register, contact John Harris at (706) 637-4528 or register online at www.possibletraining.com.
● Grovetown High School’s Little Warriors Cheer Camp is July 10-12 for 4 to 12 year olds. Cost is $65 and registration forms are available at www.edline.net/pages/Grovetown_High or from a Grovetown High School cheerleader. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
● The Riverside Middle School football camp is July 22-26 open to rising fourth through eighth graders. Cost is $75 per athlete. Contact Brett Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Nations of Coaches Celebrity Golf Classic will be held July 10 at River Golf Club in North Augusta. Cost is $200 for individuals or $800 per team. Participants will play golf with some of the top college basketball coaches in the country. Go to www.nationsofcoaches.com to register.
● The Perry Watson Memorial, a Regions Bank Amateur Series event, will be played July 13-14 at Pine Ridge Club. Call (803) 637-3570 to enter.
● The ninth YMCA Golf camp will be held July 15-17 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Wedges and Woods Driving Range and Teaching Facility. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 5-17. The cost is $99 per camper. For more information or to register, call Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The 2013 East Georgia Pop Warner Pro and Georgia Cheer Camp, sponsored by ATHELITE, will be held July 13-14 from 1-5 p.m. at Greenbrier Middle School for those 5-15 years old. Cost is $100 in advance, or $120 the day of camp. Sign up at eastgapop warner.com or call (706) 951-7950.
● The third annual Walton Foundation Wheelchair Tennis Championship will be held on August 2-4 at the Newman Tennis Center. For more information, contact Alice Salley at (706) 826-5809.
● The Riverside Middle School 5K camp is scheduled for July 8-12 and is open to rising fourth through eighth graders. Cost is $75 per athlete. Contact Tony Walsh at (706) 868-3714, ext. 5855, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● CSRA Force coach Wayne Wilson is putting together a 12-and-under A class fastpitch travel softball team for the 2013 and 2014 seasons. For more information about future tryouts, contact Wilson at (706) 564-5357 or e-mail email@example.com, or contact Kirsten Duncan at (678) 796-5797.
● Augusta Prep’s 11th annual summer volleyball camps are July 22-25. There are two sessions per camp. Middle school goes from 9 a.m.-noon and high school from 1-4 p.m. with a cost of $120. Contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.augustaprep.org/CampCavalier.
● Registration for the Westside Wrestling camp at Westside High School with Tim Mitchem, of Campbellsville University, is now open. The camp dates are July 22-24 from 9 a.m. to noon. The camp is open to boys and girls of all ages. The cost of the camp is $45 per camper and includes a camp shirt. Families of more than one camper will pay $30 for each additional camper. For registration and more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail at email@example.com.