Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• A 10-under travel team will hold tryouts at the Trenton Gym in Trenton, S.C., on Saturday. The tryouts will run from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, call Ron Conley at (803) 637-3363 or Coach Mark at (803) 522-0842.
• The 100 Black Men of Augusta will hold its annual Thanksgiving tournaments this week. The girls event, which will be held at Glenn Hills High School, will take place Monday and Tuesday. The boys tournament, which will take place at Richmond Academy, will be held Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $7 in advance and $8 at the door. For more information on the boys tournament, call James Quarles at (706) 831-7010 or Herman Brown at (706) 833-0192. For details about the girls event, call Lori Myles at (762) 215-1081 or Holly Hill at (706) 836-0155.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department will hold registration for adult basketball through Nov. 30. For more information, call Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980.
• The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association is taking applications for its Christmas tour. Tournaments are scheduled at Jones Creek Golf Club on Dec. 19, Midland Valley Country Club on Dec. 20, Forest Hills Golf Club on Dec. 22, Houndslake Country Club on Dec. 26, Applewood Golf Club on Dec. 27 and Bartram Trail Golf Club on Dec. 29. Entry fees are $25 to play in one event, $45 to play in two events, $65 for three events, $85 for four events, $99 for five events and $115 to play in all six events. Registration is limited to the first 100 to sign up for each event. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 646-5733.
• The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Wednesday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Larry Bray Memorial Pitch. New players are welcome. For information, call Allen Raborn at (706) 7884 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The GA-SC Bulls are now taking reservations for the Junior Academy Program. The program will provide a more involved, soccer-specific training environment for boys and girls ages 6-12. Training runs through Dec. 3. For more information or to register online go to ga-scbulls.com or call (706) 399-4080.
• The Augusta Boxing Club holds monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month (except holidays), and invites the public to attend. Admission is free. The matches begin at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-7533.