Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Georgia Future 12U Majors team is looking for players for the spring and summer season. For more information, call Robbie Shearer at (706) 799-5692 or Manuel Gonzalez at (706) 564-6168.
- The National Men's Senior/Adult Baseball League is seeking someone to organize an adult league in Augusta. Local league play will be for ages 18-over, 28-over, 38-over and Father/Son (16-over). For more information, visit www.msblnational.com, call (916) 685-5358 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Atlanta Braves Community Caravan will come to Academy Sports and Outdoors in Evans on Saturday . Select Braves players, coaches, broadcasters and team executives will meet fans and sign autographs. The signings begin at 1 p.m. Academy Sports and Outdoors is located at 4210 Washington Road.
- The Harlem Globetrotters are bringing their 2009 "Spinning the Globe" World Tour to Augusta on March 6 . The famous team, in its 83rd season of touring the world, will take the court at 7 p.m. at James Brown Arena. Tickets start at $18 and are available at the arena box office and online at www.ticketmaster.com. The team's Web site is www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
- The AUG Lady Ballers are seeking girls ages 10-16 for their 2009 roster. The team is also searching for coaches and volunteers. For more information about playing or coaching, contact Mishlon Burns firstname.lastname@example.org, call (706) 434-0169, or visit www.augladyballers.com.
- The Garden City Xpress is a AAU/YBOA competitive traveling team that is looking for girls ages 12-14 to compete in tournaments on the local, state and national level. Registration for tryouts is underway, which will be held in late January and early February. For more information, call team president Mark Holliday at (706) 790-9529 or (706) 814-0121, e-mail email@example.com or go to www.gcxpressbasketball.com.
- The Atlanta Dream will hold a series of satellite clinics across Georgia. The camps are open to boys and girls ages 10-18 and will be directed by Sue Panek, Dream assistant coach and director of basketball operations. An Atlanta Dream player will also be present at each location. The camps will be held at the following locations: today Douglas County Parks & Rec. (Douglasville); Saturday Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw); Feb. 7 Carrollton High School (Carrollton); Feb. 19 TBD (Columbus); Feb. 21 Mercer University (Macon); Feb. 28 Hephzibah High School. Registration is $25 per person and can be completed on www.atlantadream.net. Payment must be received at least 10 days prior to scheduled camp date. Visit the Web site or call (404) 604-2626 for more details.
- A 13U/17U AAU girls basketball team is looking for players interested in trying out. For more information, contact coach Sherman at (706) 795-2727 or (706) 796-8552, or coach Young at (706) 799-1950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team Power Grassroots AAU Basketball program is looking for student-athletes for their 11U through 17U boys team for the 2009 season. For more information, visit www.augustapower.org, call (706) 533-6852, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Savannah Lady Warriors semi-pro basketball team will hold tryouts on Saturday at 2 p.m. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (912) 656-6732 or (912) 313-9820.
- Applications are now being evaluated for the Ten Star All-Star Summer Basketball Camp. College scholarships are possible for players selected to the camp. Locations include: Gainesville, Ga., Phoenix, Babson Park, Fla., Champaign, Ill., Glassboro, N.J., Ithaca, N.Y., Marietto, Ohio, Lebanon, Tenn, Commerce, Texas, and Blacksburg, Va. For a free brochure, please call (704) 373-0873 or visit www.tenstarcamp.com.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present its monthly sparring matches on Saturday at 5:30 p.m. at the club's gym at 1929 Walton Way. Admission is free of charge and open to the public.
- Legendary coach Frank Broyles will be the keynote speaker at the Alzheimer's Association's 10th annual Education Conference on March 14 at Fort Gordon's Gordon Club. He will also speak at a special Alzheimer's Association dinner at the Pinnacle Club on Friday prior to the conference. Sponsorships and exhibitor space is available. For more information, call the Alzheimer's Association at (706) 731-9060.
- Lakeside High School will hold a golf tournament to support their baseball team on Feb. 21 at Jones Creek. Cost is $125 per team and $500 per team. Format is 4-man lauderdale. Shotgun start will be at 12:30 p.m. Open to the first 19 teams to register. For more information, call Tracey Durand at (706) 833-8855.
- The second annual Augusta Power Golf Classic Fund raiser will be held on March 14 at Applewood Golf Club. The tournament will begin with at 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information, contact Henry Myrick at (803) 507-1722 or Bruce Hudson at (706) 877-0510.
- The fourth annual Antonio Molini golf tournament will be held at Gordon Lakes on March 21 at 1 p.m. Cost is $60 per person. For more info, contact Mark Jarvis at (706) 774-5001 or e-mail email@example.com.
- A lacrosse league is forming for interested players ages 18 and up. No experience is necessary. The league will be run by current high school coaches. Practice and games are on Sundays at noon at the Kroger field in Evans. For more information, call (706) 854-1908.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- The Winter Challenge Off-Road Adventure Triathlon will be held at Dome Farms in Springfield, S.C. on Feb. 7 . For more information, visit www.winterchallenge.com, contact Chris Williams at (803) 707-6310 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Registration for Ironman 70.3 Augusta is now open. The event will be held Sept. 27 . The event is limited to 2,000 competitors. For more information, visit www.ironmanaugusta.com.
- The GA-SC Bulls Soccer Club and the Columbia County Recreational Dept. "Brats" program will offer a Bulls Junior Academy for ages 5-7 at Blanchard Woods Park starting on Feb. 4 . Training sessions will continue every Wednesday through March 11 . Cost is $65 per player. Registration can be done online at www.ga-scbulls.com through Friday .
- The Georgia Rockers 14-under fast-pitch team is looking for three or four girls to complete the roster. If interested, please call Chuck Faulkner at (706) 373-3459.
- A travel softball team is searching for dedicated players for its 10 and under squad. If interested, contact coach Kerry at (706) 831-3821 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following softball tournaments are scheduled to be held at Sweetwater Park in Thomson: Feb. 7 USSSA Early Bird tournament, Feb. 21 USSSA Georgia Cup Challenge, Feb. 28 USSSA Hall of Fame tournament. To enter, contact Bob at (706) 595-2152.
- The Thomson Force will play host a 14-under fast pitch tournament at Thomson High School on Feb. 13-14. For more information, contact Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357.