Ten-run 10th inning helps Pacers sweep
In Greenwood, S.C., USC Aiken scored 10 runs in the 10th inning to beat Lander 15-5 and sweep a Peach Belt Conference doubleheader on Saturday.
The Pacers (40-11, 17-7 PBC) won the first game 6-2, scoring four runs over the final two innings.
USC Aiken tied a school record for runs in a 24-4 rout of the Bearcats in the series opener on Friday night.
- In Baton Rouge, La., Gordon Beckham homered twice and Georgia edged Louisiana State 9-8 for its seventh consecutive victory.
Matt Cerione had four hits for the Bulldogs (27-12, 14-3 SEC).
- In College Park, Md., Joe Palumbo 's two-run single in the bottom of the ninth lifted Mary-land to a 14-13 win over Georgia Tech (27-12, 9-11 ACC).
Jeff Rowland , a former Green-brier standout, went 3-for-6 and drove in two runs for the Jackets.
- In Columbia, Cody Overbeck homered and drove in three runs to lead Mississippi to a 5-2 victory over South Carolina (29-10, 10-7 SEC), snapping the Gamecocks' eight-game winning streak.
- In Durham, N.C., Christopher Manno struck out 12 to lead Duke to a 10-1 win over Clemson (19-20, 7-13 ACC), snapping the Blue Devils' 11-game losing streak.
Lady Jags, Pacers out of tournament
In Florence, S.C., Augusta State and USC Aiken were eliminated from the Peach Belt Conference Tournament with losses on Sat-urday.
Columbus State beat the Lady Jaguars 8-1, while Francis Marion downed the Lady Pacers 13-4.
Brittany Leverett , a former Greenbrier standout, went 4-for-4 with two homers and six RBI to lead Columbus State. She also scored twice.
Amber Hunt hit a solo homer for Augusta State (28-19).
USC Aiken fell behind 11-0 after two innings and never recovered.
Megan Lakes drove in two runs for the Lady Pacers (22-29).
Jag teams top rival in tournament play
In Savannah, Ga., the Augusta State men and women defeated USC Aiken in second-round consolation matches in the Peach Belt Conference Tournament on Saturday.
The Jaguars won 5-3, while the Lady Jags won 5-1.
Sergi Mullor , Arthur Figueiro , Frederico Mendes , Guilherme Ferraz and the doubles team of Mullor and Figueiro won matches for the Augusta State men (15-8).
Fernanda Chiaparini , Bianca Machado , Camila Correa and the doubles teams of Chiaparini and Nathalia Rodrigues and Machado and Laura Ferreira won matches for Augusta State women (16-7).
Bulldog aces hole at SEC Championship
In St. Simons, Island, Ga., Georgia's Russell Henley made a hole-in-one on No. 14 and the Bulldogs pulled within three shots of first-place Alabama after two rounds of the SEC Men's Champ-ionship at Frederica Golf Club.
Alabama (293) is at 578, while Georgia (291) and is at 581.
South Carolina (289) is tied for fourth at 583.
- In New London, N.C., Duke shot 10-under-par 278 to take a one-stroke lead over Florida State after the second round of the ACC Men's Golf Championship at Old North State Club. The Blue Devils are 19-under 557.
Clemson (283) is tied for fifth at 567. Georgia Tech (285) is eighth at 572.
- In Loudon, Tenn., Florida shot 5-over-par 293 to open up a five-stroke lead after two rounds of the SEC Women's Championship at Tennessee National. The Gators are 14-over-par 590.
Georgia (298) is third at 598, while South Carolina (319) is tied for fifth at 619.
Greenbrier to play in state semifinal
Second-seeded Greenbrier will take on third-seeded Parkview in a Georgia High School Rugby Championships semifinal today at 2 p.m. at Patriots Park.