Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Academy of Richmond County Baseball Boosters Club will honor the legendary A.L. Williams on Monday with festivities beginning at 4 p.m. at the baseball field. The school's varsity will play Westside at 5. Attending will be Jack Fisher, a Richmond Academy alum and former major league pitcher. All are invited to attend.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department is looking for individuals 16 and older to officiate youth baseball. If interested, contact Gary Tam at (706) 312-7409 or Jim Mock at (706) 312-7407 for more information.
- Applications are being evaluated for the Ten Star All-Star Summer Basketball Camp. Boys and girls ages 10-19 are eligible to apply. Past participants include Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Vince Carter and other NBA players. Players from 50 states and 10 countries outside the United States attended last year's camp. The nearest camp location is Gainesville, Ga. There is also a summer camp available for boys and girls ages 6-18 of all skill levels. For a free brochure or more information, call (704) 373-0873 or visit the camp's Web site at www.tenstarcamp.com.
- The AAU National Boys Basketball Super Regional Championship Tournament will be held on May 2-4 for ages 12U, 13U, 15U and 16U. The entry fee is $300. Deadline for entering is Friday. Three games are guaranteed. For more information, contact either Greg Williams or Dameon Key at (706) 533-6852 or visit augustapower.org/loc/aspx or www.aauboysbasketball.org.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding summer league registration. The deadline is May 9 . Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches the last Thursday of each month at the Augusta Boxing Club, located at 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attendance and the public is welcome. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The Mutual of Omaha Drive, Chip and Putt junior golf program will come to the First Tee of Augusta on Tuesday . The free event is for junior golfers of all skill levels between the ages of 7-14. Golfers competing in the local championships are divided into four age divisions and compete in three categories: driving, chipping and putting. The top three golfers in each division advance to one of 16 regional championships, with those winners advancing to the national championships in August. For additional information, visit www.golfchannel.com/kids.
- The Augusta Municipal Golf Course is looking for anyone interested in a golf league. The league format is a two-man scramble in match play competition. League play will be on Wednesdays at 5 p.m. beginning this week. For more information, call (706) 731-9344.
- The second Relay for Life Golf Tournament will be held April 28 and includes two tournaments at The Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation in Aiken. Lunch will be served on the course, and there will be a 19th hole with heavy hors d'oeuvres. The tournament will feature a 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information, contact Jenny Lind McRae at (803) 617-0862.
- The first annual Integrity Golf Classic will be held on April 28 . There will be a 1 p.m. shotgun start in the four-man scramble event. For more information, call (706) 210-7676, 1-800-763-4222 ext. 9, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will host a golf tournament benefitting the Muscular Dystrophy Association on May 12 at Jones Creek. The tournament is a four-man scramble with best ball. Cost is $65 per player and $260 per team. There will be a morning and afternoon flight with 18 teams in each flight. Shotgun starts are at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. For more information, call (706) 831-1308.
- The Jessye Norman School of Arts will host a benefit golf tournament May 13 at Belle Meade Country Club in Thomson. The event will be sponsored by the Knox Foundation and proceeds benefit an after school program, targeted to inner city youth in Augusta. Lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m., prior to 1 p.m. shotgun start. Prize for a hole-in-one is a Dodge Dakota pick-up, provided by Thomson Chrysler Dodge Jeep. For more information, call (706) 737-4322 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Augusta Symphony Golf Classic will be held on May 19 at Belle Meade Country Club. Registration is $100 for individuals and $400 for a foursome. Deadline for registration is April 30 . To register or for more information, contact Beverly Smith at (706) 826-4704 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 4th Annual Rodeo Nights Pro Rodeo is coming to the Columbia County Fairgrounds in Evans on Friday and Saturday . Cowboys and cowgirls of the International Pro Rodeo Association will be competing for prize money. For more information, call (864) 445-3828 or visit www.crosscreekrodeo.com or for rider bios and facts, visit www.iprarodeo.com.
- The Augusta Rowing Club offers a monthly learn to row program for adults. For information, call David Young at (803) 279-6302 or visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The Augusta Junior Rowing Team's spring season is under way. No experience is necessary to join the team. The team welcomes youth ages 12-18. Practices are held at the Boathouse, located at 101 Riverfront Drive in Augusta from 4-6:30 p.m. each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. For more information, visit www. augustarowingclub.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites those interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail email@example.com. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- The Alleluia Glory Run 5K will be held on Saturday at 8 a.m. Kids are invited to race in the 1-mile fun run/walk at 9 a.m. There will be a Tot Trot for preschool age children. Cost is $18. For more information, call Dian Conkright at (706) 796-2929.
- Kabuye Soccer Academy will hold a soccer clinic for boys and girls, ages 6-14, on May 26-29 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Cost of the clinic is $100 per player. For more information, call (706) 755-1082 or visit www.patrick sportsagency.com.
- The Men's Slammer Invitational tournament will be held on Saturday in Millen, Ga. Cost is $145 per team. The format is double-elimination. For more information, contact Rudy Griffin (706) 726-7632.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding summer softball registration. Deadline is April 30 . Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more information.
- The Augusta Recreation & Parks Department is holding senior softball registration. (Must turn 50 or older during this calender year.) Deadline is April 30 . Cost is $35. Call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 for more info.