Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- Former New York Yankees star Bobby Richardson will be the featured speaker at the annual American Legion-City League reunion on Feb 21. The private event begins at 6 p.m. and will be held at Richmond Post 63 on Milledge Road. For more information, call Don "Swifty" Berry at (706) 863-5906.
- Masters City Little League will hold spring registration for ages 5 to 18 on Saturday and Feb. 23 at Masters City field. Registration will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fees are $80 for the first child, $70 for the second, $60 for the third, and free for four or more in the same family. Tryouts will be held March 11 and 13 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and March 15 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All children ages 8-12 must attend two tryouts, unless previously assigned to a Major League team. The first practice is set for March 25. For information, contact Robbie Silas at (706) 840-0680.
- Atomic City Sports will play host to the third annual USSSA "Battle of Aiken" youth baseball tournament Feb. 23 and 24 at Citizens Park in Aiken. For entry information, contact Dale Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 292-9993.
l The Augusta Boxing Club will play host to the 2008 USA Boxing Southeast Boxing Championships on Feb . 22 and 23 . It will start at 7 each night. It will be held at May Park Gym, located on the corner of Fourth Street and Walton Way. Tickets will be available at the Augusta Boxing Club. Adult tickets are $10 and tickets for children are just $3. For any additional information call (706) 733-7533.
- The Phinizy Swamp Nature Park will hold a 10-mile bike ride through the park's natural wetlands on Sunday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. An adult should accompany children under 12. Helmets are required. Cost is $5 to $8. The deadline for registration is Friday . Call (706) 828-2109 to register.
- The CSRA Cobras minor league football team will conduct tryouts on Saturday for the 2008 season. The tryout will be held at Cobra's Corner near the intersection of Atomic Road and Old Edgefield Road. Athletes 18 years and older are invited and are required to bring cleats. The tryout fee is $55, which includes shirts and shorts. For more information, contact (706) 834-2123.
- The Aiken Golf Course will host the eGolf Augusta Amateur Tour of Saturday . The tour provides amateurs an opportunity for competitive stroke-play golf. The eGolf Amateur Tour is open to males and females of all ages with handicaps from 0-25. Golfers may join the tour any time during the year for an $85 membership fee. The fee for the Aiken tournament is $65, which includes cart and green fees, range balls and prizes for the top three in each flight. For more information, call Phil Robinson at (706) 414-1170 or visit www.amateurgolftour.net.
- A pair of events are scheduled to be held at the Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. The first is the Family Full Moon Walk, featuring sights and sounds of various animals, on Feb. 21 . The second is the Dawn Walk, featuring the scene of a sunrise, on Feb. 23 at 5:30 a.m. Cost is $3 for academy members and $5 for non-members. Deadline to register for the Dawn Walk is Feb. 21 . For more information, call (706) 828-2109.