Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- Georgia USSSA Baseball will hold its annual winter meeting at 2 p.m. Feb. 4 at Diamond Lakes Community Center. For more information, call (706) 726-3577.
- Midland Valley Recreation will hold baseball and softball registration for ages 4 to 15 on Feb. 10 and Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Feb. 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Atomic City Sports will host the USSSA baseball Battle of Aiken on Feb. 23-25 at Citizens Park. The tournament is open to teams 8-16 and under. For more information, call Dale Roberts at (803) 642-6381.
- Atomic City Sports will host the USSSA baseball Pot O' Gold NIT on March 16-18 at Citizens Park in Aiken. The tournament is open to all teams 8-16 and under. For more information, call Dale Roberts at (803) 642-6381.
- Masters City Little League, located at 1951 Phinizy Road in Augusta, will be holding registration for the 2007 season. The dates for registration will be Feb. 10, 17 and 24 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. for ages 5-18.
- NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino will be the featured speaker at this year's Greater Augusta Sports Council's Annual sports awards gala, scheduled for Feb. 6. The 2005 inductee played 17 seasons with the Miami Dolphins, retiring with the most career completions (4,967), most seasons with 3,000 passing yards (13) and most career touchdown passes (420). In total, he set 20 NFL records during his career. Joining Marino in attendance will be 2006 Ray Guy Award winner Daniel Sepulveda, of Baylor University. To support the Greater Augusta Medal for Excellence in Sports awards, the Council will hold an auction of sports memorabilia. Ticket information can be found at www.augustasportscouncil.org or by calling (706) 722-TEAM. The gala is open to the public.
- NFL Hall of Fame candidate and Thomson native Ray Guy will be featured at a media function at the Richmond Academy Stadium on Feb. 5, beginning at 3 p.m. The following day, on Feb. 6, Guy, Prokicker.com and the GASC will host a free kicking camp at the Richmond Academy Stadium, beginning at 4 p.m. The featured instructors will be Guy and two-time Ray Guy Award winner Daniel Sepulveda. The camp is open to local area middle and high school students.
- The Fore Everyone adaptive free clinic is held the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at First Tee of Augusta. The clinic is designed to work on swing, stance and grip while putting, chipping, and driving for golfers with disabilities. For more information, call Judie Thompson at (706) 823-8691.
- The Mutual of Omaha Drive, Chip & Putt contest will be held at 1 p.m. on March 18 at The First Tee of Augusta. The tour will play host to a free golf skills competition for kids ages 7-14. The first 250 registrants will be able to compete. For more information, log on to www.golfchannel.com/kids or phone (706) 364-4653.
- The AIHA Adult fall league starts Feb. 7. Registration deadline is Feb. 4. League play will be Wednesday and Thursday nights. For more information, call (706) 863-0061 or (803) 278-6345.
- The Columbia County Lacrosse Club is looking for athletes for the spring 2007 season. Experience is a plus but not necessary. Some start-up equipment is available for players who are new to the sport. For more information, call (706) 854-1908 or (706) 733-4271, or go to www.augustalacrosse.com.
- The sixth annual Swamp Stomp 5K run/walk will take place at 8 a.m., April 21 at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park. Race-day registration and packet pickup for all registrants will be available from 7 a.m. until 7:45 a.m. in the Pfizer Pavilion at the park. Early registration costs $18 ($12 without a T-shirt), while race day registration will cost $20 ($15). For more information, contact Dana Putnam, event coordinator, at (706) 828-2109 or register online at www.active.com.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will be holding registration for 2007 spring soccer leagues through Wednesday. Age groups for both boys and girls range from 6-18, and the age control date is Aug. 1, 2007. Games will be played Tuesdays and Thursdays at Patriots Park during the March-April time frame. Registration will take place Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Patriots Park Administrative Office. For more information, call (706) 863-7523.
- The CSRA Bulls' third annual "Jack Frost" Softball Tournament will be held Saturday at the Fleming Complex. The team entry fee is $125. For more information, contact Roger Wexler at (706) 831-3745.