Why voters must see "2016: Obama's America"

My wife, Angie, and I saw 2016: Obama’s America recently while in the Denver area. I hope that every citizen will take the time and be open-minded enough to see it, too. The movie producer is Gerald Molen, the producer of the Academy Award-winning Schindler’s List. The author and co-director is Dinesh D’Souza, an intellectual; a distinguished author and journalist; a conservative; and an honest man in every respect.

I have spent a lifetime in service to our country. I have known many who died in service to our country, and I almost lost my life, too. Spending more than six years as a prisoner of war gave me time to think about our country, with all of its blessings, and, yes, its flaws – and my responsibilities.

IN MY LIFETIME, we truly have been remarkable and exceptional. We have been a force for good throughout the world. We have led the way and helped remove dictators and tyrants, and we have sacrificed so much national blood and treasure in those causes. We have given millions the opportunities of freedom and independence. We, unlike any other nation, have come to the aid of those suffering in natural disasters.

I am proud of our country, the goodness of our history and our continuing efforts to correct our flaws.

President Obama is the antithesis of the America I have known – the America for which I have willingly accepted personal sacrifice; extreme challenges and hardships; and lost many friends doing the same thing.

Obama’s re-election obviously would mean a majority of the voters in this country have chosen to give away the freedom and opportunity for which countless thousands have sacrificed and paid the ultimate price. If he is re-elected, the blood of our demise as a vibrant, exceptional and generous nation will be on our hands, and the ghosts of those who sacrificed so much for us will be stirred.

Those who allow this by their own lethargy and those who vote for Obama will have chosen to steer our country toward darkness, unlike anything anyone living today has ever experienced.

It is time to grow up and vote for the founding principles of our country and to vote with intelligence, not emotion. Obama’s America will not be able to do the great things of the past that made us exceptional – the greatest force in history for freedom, economic growth, innovation and generosity. Obama’s vision of America is based on economic and social policies and philosophy that never have worked, but have been tried repeatedly in modern history and failed.

HIS RE-ELECTION would be a disaster for us all, especially for our children and grandchildren. His re-election would be an insult, a crime and a tragedy to all of us – and those consequences, and the mentality behind them, have been in the spotlight recently at the Democratic National Convention, where lies and absurdities prevailed. I hope you took the time to watch the spectacle.

I think of our granddaughters, triplets, now almost 3 years old. I consider a vote for Obama an extremely abusive act toward those little girls, one that I will not take lightly. We Americans have always passed along a country that is better, more prosperous, more noble and more generous; economically and militarily stronger; a country more moral and rational; and a country more willing to lead and sacrifice for freedom, and the freedom others deserve, than we inherited.

Voting for Obama is a vote to abandon our history, our heritage, our character, our obligations and our future. I am reminded of our Founding Fathers, of the sacrifices of so many which made my America possible, and how such a vote would do great harm to those adorable little granddaughters and my country. My tolerance for Obama supporters will cease.

I recently received some thoughts from a dear and courageous old friend from our difficult days in Hanoi, who, like me, was watching the Democratic National Convention. I agree with him totally and wanted to share his heartfelt thoughts:

“If those folks really do represent half or more of the electorate, then this certainly is not the America I grew up in – as a poor kid, with an opportunity to better myself, through my own intelligence and hard work. It is a socialist/communist country that will rapidly kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, to
soon thereafter become perhaps the largest poverty-stricken, Third World country on the planet!

“IF THAT IS MY future, then I resent it and I’m offended by it (for all the good that will do ...). Anyone who is eligible to vote and doesn’t do so in November will absolutely deserve the government their inaction secures for us all! For my part, however, having lived in a communist prison for nearly six-and-one-half years, I will resist, in every way possible, with all means at my disposal, until my dying breath!”

To that, I say amen, and God bless you!

This election is too important. Those who would vote for Obama want the government to run our lives; they wish for the producers in our country to support the takers and looters who contribute little to nothing; they revel in envy and class warfare (something that is foreign to me). If you watched the convention speakers, you have seen them denigrating the country I love; the religion I grew up with; the hard work, the traditions and history I treasure; the independence and freedom that have been America; and the honor of those who sacrificed so much for us.

This is a destructive crowd that is seemingly – and maybe emotionally and immaturely – hell-bent on destroying the country I love. I have had it.

PLEASE SEE THE movie 2016. Share this with friends, family and loved ones. Those among you who disagree with me, take a chance on enlightenment and see the movie. If you have not read Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged, you should. Written in 1957, she describes an America where the “takers” (those expecting the producers and government to give them everything, to share the profits of their endeavors) demand more and more and the bureaucrats and politicians comply – and America descends into darkness.

I heard interviews with Democratic delegates Wednesday night of the DNC saying profit should be outlawed. You will be amazed at how accurately Atlas Shrugged reflects where we are heading tomorrow if Obama is re-elected. We must defeat Obama, and, I say again, my tolerance for his supporters has ceased to exist, as likely will a few friendships. But, that is OK.

Wake up, America. It is almost too late.

(The writer – a retired U.S. Marine Corps lieutenant colonel – is a member of the board of directors of Citizens Against Government Waste, and has been active in veterans affairs, conservative politics and public service for more than 30 years. He has served as assistant secretary of commerce in the Reagan administration; as Georgia state director of the Farmers Home Administration; and as a commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission from December 1997 to June 2005. He lives in Alexandria, Va. His email address is orsonIII@comcast.net.)

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 09/16/12 - 06:10 pm
I can't believe he didn't

I can't believe he didn't throw in that Obama is gay. Mr. Orson Swindle III, greatest fear for his granddaughters is that President Obama will be elected to another term. My greatest fear for my granddaughters is that they get hooked up with someone who reasons like he does. And to think, there were three of them.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 09/16/12 - 06:16 pm
Conservative man...are you

Conservative man...are you saying mr. Romney is the best we can do right now? Mr. Flipper-flopper?. Who is he and what has trying to hide? Why doesn't he pony up more than two years of tax returns and why hasn't he produced a birth certificate? Hmmm?

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/16/12 - 06:16 pm
Palmetto1008

The reality is that there are MILLIONS of us who think as he does. Not that I care that anyone is gay.Nor do I think the Mr. Orson Swindle III cares about anyone's "gayness". But I (and MILLIONS of us) care that this man who has been declared "sort of a God" or "Our Dear Ruler" is a danger to this country.
FYI, there are many more than three of "them"....wait and see come November 6th....

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/16/12 - 06:21 pm
Palmetto1008

I'm sayin YES!!! He's better than what we have.....What we have is an inept failure whose college transcripts we can't even see...If Obama wants Romney's tax returns lets see Obama's transcripts...I mean..If the left wants to play a "one up game" put up or shut up.....I'm pretty sure they don't want "their guy" to be exposed for the C- student he probably was....

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/16/12 - 06:31 pm
Lastly...

...I'd love to engage a bit more, but I have to go to bed so I can get up and go to work tomorrow, so I can do "my fair share" to "redistribute" the wealth that I earn so "Our Dear Ruler"can use it to buy votes from the stupid and/or the lazy.
Sorry...was that "HATE SPEECH?" You bet it was. I hate the fact that I get accosted on the street every morning at 5:30 on my way to work by some Obama voter for a "dolla" then get a ration of "hate" when I don't fork it over because I'm one of the "EVIL" rich....just because I have a job and a truck that I paid for(not someone else) and I actually want to keep most of what I earn rather than handing it over to the Imperial Federal Government to disperse as THEY see fit.......whew!!,....Sorry for the diatribe...But you Obama people seemingly do not understand the level of frustration in middle America right now.....And (as GW would say) to "misunderestimate" that frustration is gonna come back to haunt the left in November....

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 09/16/12 - 06:39 pm
Oh, really, is this what's

Oh, really, is this what's this is all about? To see if he was a c student?? Whether he was average? I'll take the average guy who smoked weed over some college student who taunted gay kids and is currently so out of touch in working/middle classes to recommend that young people wanting to start a business to simply borrow the money form their parents.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 09/16/12 - 06:44 pm
I am really getting tired of

I am really getting tired of people bringing up the tax return issue. It is only the IRS's business to see his tax returns, no one else. Please find something else to complain about. Wake up America, we absolutely do not need 4 more years of Obamamamumumum!!!!!

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/16/12 - 06:48 pm
Obama in touch with the middle class??

...really?...Obama went to prep schools his whole life...He has no clue what the middle class goes through. Granted, Romney has the same pedigree. Just admit that they are BOTH entitled. But you probably like Obama because either a), he's black and it's historic to elect a black man Pres. Or b) he's a leftie and you're one also.
Okay...I'll buy either. But here's where I stand.
I'm not voting for Mitt because he's white...I'm voting for him because he's better than a leftist, anti-capitalist..Which Obama clearly is both...
Let's cut to the chase...this isn't about tax returns nor is it about transcripts...that's all "window dressing" designed to keep the underlings arguing....this about where we think this country should be heading.....Simply put...Obama and his ideas are anathema to free enterprise and capitalism....Romney is not....there .

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 09/16/12 - 07:00 pm
Did you ever listen to Obama?

Did you ever listen to Obama? He acknowledges his good fortunes. He does not look down his nose at people who are less fortunate. He walked though the door of success but he's not slamming door in the face of those behind him. That sounds familiar for some reason,

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/16/12 - 07:06 pm
Thank you bubbasauce.....I'm

Thank you bubbasauce.....I'm getting so tired of hearing the tax rants. Romney has submitted two years of tax returns and there is no law stating he has to release any of them. Just how many years would satisfy the Dems? I fail to see what difference it makes what his tax returns say. As long as he has followed the law, submitted and paid the taxes the law says he owes......what is the big deal? If he has done anything illegal, don't you suppose the IRS would be knocking on his doorstep?

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 09/16/12 - 07:40 pm
Romney...

Okay, let's get this straight. Every other presidential candidate from a major party has shown his/her tax records (Romney even required Ryan to do as much), but no one has been required to show their college transcript. Can anyone say "double standard"?

Obama sat in J. Wright's Baptist church for 20 years but he's a Muslim; He attended prep schools all of his life (and is an elitist) but you need to see his transcript before you believe he actually earned a degree.

Can anyone say "Obama derangement syndrome"?

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/16/12 - 07:51 pm
I knew everything I needed to know about Obama

the second he supported partial birth abortions and fought, FOUGHT! to prevent aborted babies born alive from receiving care.

What kind of human being except a total monster could actually push such horrors into public policy? And from that attitude toward even the most innocent and vulnerable arises everything else. He IS a monster, no matter how smooth and appealing his demeanor, no matter how humble and caring he projects himself as being. It is an act.

He IS a monster.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 09/16/12 - 08:09 pm
I forgot to say, I am

I forgot to say, I am absolutely not better today off today than I was 4 years ago! How about you?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/16/12 - 08:10 pm
"1) How exactly is Obama

"1) How exactly is Obama deliberately and systematically destroying the United States?"

Let's see...where should I start....oh.......#1, by his administration wrecking and robbing the Medicare system we've paid for (in advance), of $716 Billion!

By failing to come through with his promises for his first term; and, by sidestepping some constitutional issues that should have been left alone. There's plenty more, but why waste space with liberals too blind to see the money flowing out of their own pockets?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/12 - 08:15 pm
One Liner

You all know I'm a One Liner.

This one I love, just have to post it, goes so good with the BS above.

Best one-liner of the week.
"If we want to keep our nation's secrets a 'SECRET' then we should store them where President Obama stores his college transcripts and birth certificate."
Gov. Mike Huckabee

Thanks Jim

painfully honest
painfully honest 09/16/12 - 09:38 pm
Better off............

I don't know why extreme right-wingers keep asking if we are better off than we were while Bush was in office. The answer is simple and overwhelmingly YES!!! In 2008, the stock market was completely bottomed out and as a result my 401K lost thousands of dollars. In fact, many of my co-workers who had planned on retiring in 2008, were not able to do so because their retirement accounts had all but dried up. Fortunately, President Obama was able to make a difficult decision to provide some help to wall street and the banking industry to ensure that the economy would stabilize, and it has stabilized. I, and I'm sure a lot of you, whether you want to admit it or not, are making money in the stock market again.

The president also promised to end the war in Iraq. Guess what, the war is over, our soldiers are back home with their families, and we are no longer spending the millions of dollars per day to support a war that was started because of a lie fabricated by the Bush administration.

Ask the American auto workers in Detroit if they are better off now than they were before President Obama took office. Romney has said repeatedly that if it was his decision, he would have let it all fail. He is supposed to be a business man but he doesn't realize how much impact the failure of the auto indistry would have on the tire industry, the transportation industry, the textile industry, etc.......... The city of Detroit is definitely better off since the President has been in office.

Those are just a few examples of why we are better off. I don't agree with all of the President's policies, such as his stance on gay marriage but for the most part, I think he has done pretty good. I haven't heard Romney come up with anything that would win my vote. He'e good at bashing and complaining but he hasn't come up with anything yet that will help this country continue to move forward.

crackerjack
crackerjack 09/16/12 - 09:55 pm
Democratic Hypocrisy

Isn't it amazing, the Obama handlers decided among themselves that they wouldn't allow the mention of GOD in any of their speeches at the Convention. I guess they didn't want to offend the majority of their constituents.

allhans
allhans 09/16/12 - 10:52 pm
The movie "2016" is nothing

The movie "2016" is nothing like some seem to assume it to be. There is nothing in the movie to upset anyone, not that I could see. Much of it was Obama telling his story in his own words. Talking about the dreams from his father... What is wrong with that.

allhans
allhans 09/16/12 - 10:56 pm
Dennis Miller did a bang up

Dennis Miller did a bang up job on O"Reilly recently, he was having a good time talking about Fluke wanting him to pay for her birth control pills. Hilarious.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 09/17/12 - 12:09 am
Mike Huckabee...

How about Obama's transcript is hidden where Huckabee's license to preach is hidden. A preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, he is not.
People would rather see a sermon than hear one any day. It is about time these Bible toting holier-than-thou conservatives go to Bible Study and learn to practice the true doctrines of Christianity.

Hey, Newt Gingrich was the first person to ask for Mitt's tax returns. So, Huckabee needs to direct his comments to Gingrich!

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/17/12 - 06:50 am
"Can anyone say "Obama

"Can anyone say "Obama derangement syndrome"?"

No, but I sure can say "Obama denial syndrome".

Graniteville Girl
Graniteville Girl 09/17/12 - 09:21 am
2016-Obama's America is a must see

For the detractor's of this film, I must say it is obvious you are criticizing without the benefit of actually "seeing" the film. Otherwise, you would know that the words in this film are not those of Dinesh D'Souza, but from Barack Obama, the President. The voice you hear is the President's audio book of his own writing, "Dreams From My Father". The people interviewed are those closest to him, his mother and his father during Obama's crucial growing-up years and explains why he hates America and wants to TRANSFORM it. For those who actually see the film, I know why you support this great film - which by the way has been seen by over 7 MILLION Americans nationwide so far...

fedex227
fedex227 09/17/12 - 05:30 pm
And the solution is?

Complaining is easy, even in such eloquent fashion. Offering solutions is quite another. It’s the difference between a whiner and a leader. If Mitt Romney is the answer you sure wouldn’t be able to tell it from the glowing endorsement provided by the author- who doesn’t mention his name once.

Bruno
Bruno 09/18/12 - 07:46 am
Interesting that those who

Interesting that those who embraced Michael Moore's fakumentaries are so willing to lambast 2016. I at least watched Moore's movies before coming to a conclusion about them and him.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...