Media simultaneously savaged Sarah Palin, protected Barack Obama

Sarah Palin was the only major party candidate on the 2008 ballot with executive experience.

Palin was the chief executive of a state canvassing more than 586,000 square miles -- Texas has 269,000 -- that borders Canada and Russia, with a budget of $6.6 billion. Approximately 85 percent of Alaska's budget hinges on oil production. Her resume includes being chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.

Soon after becoming governor, Palin sold the state's private jet for $2.1 million that her predecessor purchased and billed Alaskans for. She defeated that sitting Republican governor in a primary.

Palin used the line-item veto to quash $260 million of Alaska's proposed budget for capital projects -- pork -- to which the Anchorage Daily News said, the cuts "may be the biggest single-year line-item veto total in state history."

The media never reported her stewardship. It did, however, deploy a brigade of investigators to Alaska to search for proverbial dirt, finding none. They attempted to create a national controversy over the origins of her campaign clothing. The Republican national Committee purchased designer clothes for her since she is neither ostentatious nor vain, and did not possess $600 shoes or $2,500 dresses as Jill Biden and Michelle Obama have long demanded.

PALIN'S WARDROBE was more vital to the selection of the free world's leader than the Democratic nominee's history and close personal relationship with Bill Ayers, Larry Sinclair, Donald Young, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and others that the media spun away, if reported at all.

President Obama lived part of his life as Barry Soetoro, and reportedly used more than a dozen Social Security numbers. Obama claims to have been born in Hawaii of two U.S. citizens -- we know they were not -- but has refused to prove he is a natural-born citizen.

He and his campaign has spent approximately $2 million fighting to keep this matter out of court. But Palin's clothing and foreign policy experience took center stage.

For a certified copy of vital records, according to the Hawaii State Department of Health, one must submit an application and pay "$10 for the first copy of each certificate, and $4 for each additional copy of the same certificate ordered at the same time."

Granted, spending $2 million and counting, vs. filling out an application and cutting a check for $10, may seem normal for Democrats. But the media harangues the Palins to this day, yet refuses to report truth regarding Obama.

Moreover, three years of Obama's life are unaccounted for. The media fix was in from day one. For confirmation, compare the media's treatment of an executive seeking the office of vice president to its treatment of a U.S. senator of 138 days seeking the office of president.

The horrible shootings in Arizona prompted the media and others to literally blame Palin for an unstable individual's actions. Soon after that tragedy, on Jan. 23, the Missoula Children's Theater in Montana was performing The Mikado . The director added a scene calling for Palin's beheading.

I once thought that the media has a seething hatred for this woman. Now I am convinced that those who are obsessed with her demise are afraid of her resolve and character, which causes her to be a positive role model.

PALIN HAS A STRONG executive record of nonpartisan governance and doing what she believed to be right, from which Alaska benefitted, thereby making her a threat to those who make their living and receive gratification by controlling others.

She has endured some of the most heinous media attacks in history, and I ask: Why? What has she done to warrant any of it? Who in all of recorded history has received such unwarranted or warranted venomous attacks? Eliot Spitzer gets a television program. Jim McGreevey is forgotten. Ted Kennedy is idolized. Sarah Palin? Demonized. What is the media's true objective?

Media reports labeled her "unqualified." This mother of five, bottom line, is a tough-as-nails, no-nonsense, commonsense American who has governed honorably America's largest state.

Palin hunts and brings food home, and with four generations of Heaths and Palins, prepares the bounty for storage.

Palin is pro-life, and proved it when she did not murder her unborn son via an abortion after doctors claimed he has Down syndrome. She walks her talk, and the Sarah Palins of the world rely on themselves, not government programs, and their happiness and prosperity is not mandated by Washington, D.C.

She is a strong woman with convictions and a belief in the U.S. Constitution, and the American will and spirit of the Founders that cannot, and will not, be broken -- regardless of what the bitter media sends her way.

(The writer is a teacher at Butler High School, an Iraq War veteran and a past candidate for local and state office.)

Pu239
Pu239 03/06/11 - 04:39 pm
faithson, yours seems to be a

faithson, yours seems to be a one size fits all statement... Let's try this one "Barack Obama proponents remind me of a church congregation who love their pastor and will fight to the end ignoring all evidence of ineptitude. (ineptitude - unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training, a lack of cognitive skill)"

Chillen
Chillen 03/06/11 - 04:46 pm
Love this column! Mr.

Love this column! Mr. Benedict you hit the nail on the head.

History will look back on this time period & our so called "media" will be blamed for part of our woes. For giving the progressives, socialists & communists a "pass". They are in on the whole thing. It is nauseating. I don't see how they can sleep at night..

imdstuf
imdstuf 03/06/11 - 04:46 pm
What is that tea party

What is that tea party followers? You want someone who does not have too much political experience and is not a Washington insider, so much so they even try to take on those in their own party? You want a Christian? You want someone who wants to cut spending and balance the budget? Guess what, that all describes Jimmy Carter. The guy many who love Sarah Palin, called the worst president ever.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/06/11 - 06:07 pm
I promised two "dumb" Obama

"I've visited 57 states and have one more to go!"

And don't forget about pronouncing corpsman as "corpse man."

And Corgi.....Obama never admitted being wrong about his screw ups.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/06/11 - 06:20 pm
imdstuff.... The American

imdstuff.... The American people DID want someone with hardly any political experience. And they elected him.

ms jones
ms jones 03/06/11 - 06:46 pm
‘I promised two "dumb" Obama

‘I promised two "dumb" Obama statements for every one from Palin....and since corgimom tried, here goes.’
The liberal women are so jealous of Palin they are beside themselves. She is good looking and smart. It seems that for a woman to be a liberal they must look like a horse's rear end.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/06/11 - 06:48 pm
ms Jones....I suspect that

ms Jones....I suspect that might be part of the problem.....an attractive woman MUST be stupid.....Hollywood had taught them that.

RCHURCHY
RCHURCHY 03/06/11 - 06:50 pm
First, a special thank you to

First, a special thank you to Mr. Benedict for his service to our country. My father who passed away last year was in WWII in the Army Air Corps in Europe. He was always proud of our current heroes, the most amazing and compassionate military force in history.

Second, I applaud Mr. Benedict and agree with him on every one of his points. I am not a person the liberals love to call "birther". Nonetheless, it is humorous to me that McCain had to go to court to defend against the same charge and these "anti-birthers" did not sound a peep in his defense. And after sending all the people to Alaska in Aug/Sep 2008 to find dirt on Palin, there's just not much interest in learning more about someone running for president vs. vice president. Someone who had that many SS numbers, and Benedict's critics here just don't have an answer for that and so much else.

Third and last, Mr. Benedict hits the point perfectly. The "quitter" and "dumb" and "incite to violence with rifle scope signs" accusers fear Governor Palin. She was the largest force in the 2010 elections. She stopped Obama cold in Aug 2009 with "death panels" - WITH A FACEBOOK POST - and every point she has made on that matter alone has been vindicated.

The people who have ridiculed her in the comments can be assured that she will not sit down and shut up. And neither will we who agree with and support her. If you fear losing issues to her, be very afraid because you are about to lose many more.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/06/11 - 06:59 pm
The liberals run like mad

The liberals run like mad from the facts and attack only with emotion. Notice that we have heard very little from Rhetor since actual laws were cited?

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/06/11 - 08:56 pm
Sara and Todd have stood up

Sara and Todd have stood up to the looney lying left so well i would trust her with anything now that they have proven she can take whatever they can throw at her. Thank the Loony liberals for providing U.S. so much proof that Sara & Todd are MADE for the Job.

dade30906
dade30906 03/06/11 - 08:58 pm
To all you soccer moms Sarah

To all you soccer moms Sarah Palin is extinct,oil prices have skyrocketed in recent weeks,lets put pressure on Pres. Obama to release oil from petroleum reserve now to help Americans deal with high gas prices at the pump.

Kay123
Kay123 03/06/11 - 10:54 pm
Some people have asked me if

Some people have asked me if the reason why I don't support Sarah Palin is because I'm jealous of her. Grant it, I do feel a little jealousy toward her, but that's not at all why I'm unsupportive of her. I'm unsupportive of her because I want more freedom and I want a more secure future -- and I have more confidence that Ron Paul will give us that than I do in Sarah Palin.

Ron Paul plans to do more to get us back to the Constitution than Sarah Palin plans to. He plans to give us more freedoms than Sarah plans to. He plans to do more to reduce the national debt than Sarah plans to. He also has more knowledge than Sarah does.

Also, regarding the housing market economic disaster that occurred in late 2008, Ron Paul predicted that 5 or 6 years before it happened and suggested measures to take to prevent that from happening. However, Congress didn't take him seriously and thus did nothing about it. Well, look what happened in 2008.

Kay123
Kay123 03/06/11 - 11:07 pm
Lee Benedict - If you want

Lee Benedict -

If you want to know, I actually would choose Sarah Palin over President Obama as president. However, I still think Sarah Palin is not one of the best that the Republican party has to offer. She still doesn't measure up to Ron Paul.

Also, it bothers me that Sarah Palin has stated that she misses George W. Bush as our president. I think George W. Bush was a horrible president.

It also bothers me that Sarah Palin said that before Obamacare, we had a very good health care system here in the United States. I have personally encountered and witnessed enough problems to know that that's not true.

LBenedict
LBenedict 03/07/11 - 12:17 am
Thanks Kay. I don't think

Thanks Kay. I don't think that W was horrible...he was a disappointment for certain, but he was not "that bad". I have a shirt with W's picture on it and the words, "Miss Me Yet?" Meaning, for all of his faults, I'd rather have him for another term than Obama.

Our healthcare system is, for the most part, the envy of the world. That said, at times it can be downright terrible, and I have encountered my share of problems as well.

Haki
Haki 03/07/11 - 12:34 am
Mr. Benedict, your anger is

Mr. Benedict, your anger is sad and actually pitiful. I've been there, when Al Gore was defeated. Unfortunately, it does not compare to how I felt when W was re-elected. I hope you deal with this reality before your op piece in 2012. President Obama will be re-elected.

ohhsweetconcord
ohhsweetconcord 03/07/11 - 01:16 am
1. Started two of the longest

2. Increased the Federal Budget on level not seen since LBJ while simultaneously orchestrating tax cuts for the only people who've benefited from the economy since Reagan. Medicare Part D anyone?
3. Steered our economy into the recession we find ourselves in today.
4. Single handedly squandered the post-Cold War and post-9/11 worldwide goodwill towards Americans.

LBenedict, I'm sure the guy seems likable, affable, or whatever. I too would like to have a beer with him. But good God man, how is that not "that bad"?

Kay123
Kay123 03/07/11 - 01:32 am
Lee Benedict - I think that

Lee Benedict -

I think that if other countries knew more of the details of our health care system here in America -- not just the positives but the negatives too -- then I don't think they would be envying us.

Also, I have a friend who lives in a country in Europe. He assumed that America has even more freedoms than we actually do have. I don't think the media tells them everything about us.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/07/11 - 04:31 am
ohsweetconcord.....when you

ohsweetconcord.....when you say "1. Started two of the longest wars in American history that we're still fighting. Cost in the trillions in American dollars and thousands of American lives." I'm glad you finally have stopped blaming Bush for everything and started to criticize the terrorists who started the war.

burninater
burninater 03/07/11 - 07:14 am
Bob, to be accurate, they

Bob, to be accurate, they share the blame. Afghanistan was caused by terrorists; Iraq was not.

Sue Woodward
Sue Woodward 03/07/11 - 12:04 pm
Lee you need to see this

Lee you need to see this website. I created it myself. Tells the truth about Sarah.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 03/07/11 - 12:11 pm
Lee, That Malcom X stuff

Lee,

That Malcom X stuff makes you sound like a complete nut. That is the most far out pile of crapola I have ever heard.

I do think you should have to prove that you are a natural born citizen due to the US Constitutional requirments, but that stuff you posted is just nuts.

Obama's dad was from Kenya, he left Obama's mother when he was accepted into Harvard I think (it was Ivy Leauge) and never went back, or helped her in any way. He went back to Kenya, got a giverment job and was killed in a drunk driving accident in Kenya in the 70's. He was drunk and it was a one car accident form what I have read.

The truth is odd enough, not need to create elaborate theories when the obvious is enough. I had doubts about where he was born but not anyting too serious. I mean it is obvious his mother was a "non-conformist" and wanted to be "counter-cultural" with her choices of lovers and husbands.

The President was raised by his grand parents in HI and that is all there is to it. Either he was born in Kenya of HI and I would like to know but given all that has happened, I see him as having been born in the uS and used his foreign cred to get into colleges and qualify for programs he otherwise would not have been able to get into.

Super-duper educated liberals think folks like me (and for sure you Lee) are just uneducated idiots if we question something like that. I see it as a simple fix like you say. But I think it has more to do with dishonest college addmissions than grand plans by muslims.

Brad

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/07/11 - 12:12 pm
Hey Sue, you created it?

Hey Sue, you created it? Better learn to spell it.

Mk Ultra
Mk Ultra 03/07/11 - 02:20 pm
Well Bob since we're pulling

Well Bob since we're pulling out dumb quotes here are a few from Palin just from LAST YEAR alone:

1. "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate." --a Tweet by Sarah Palin, which she quickly removed after being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," July 18, 2010

2. "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a follow-up Tweet by Sarah Palin, proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

3. "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

4. "Energy," "budget," (crossed out), "tax cuts" and "lift American spirit." --crib notes written on Sarah Palin's hand while she spoke at a Tea Party convention

5. "I didn't really had a good answer, as so often -- is me." --Sarah Palin, on writing notes on her hand during her Tea Party convention speech, March 5, 2010

6. "Dr. Laura: don't retreat...reload!" --a Tweeted message from Sarah Palin in defense of radio talker Laura Schlessinger, who took heat for a racially charged rant at a female African-American caller in which Schlessinger repeatedly used the n-word, Aug. 18, 2010

7. "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

8. "Extreme deep water drilling is not the preferred choice to meet our country's energy needs, but your protests and lawsuits and lies about onshore and shallow water drilling have locked up safer areas. It's catching up with you. The tragic, unprecedented deep water Gulf oil spill proves it." --Sarah Palin, blaming the Gulf oil spill disaster on "extreme environmentalists," Facebook note, June 2, 2010

9. "Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant -- they're quite clear -- that we would create law based on the God of the Bible and the Ten Commandments." –-Sarah Palin, arguing that Judeo-Christian belief was the basis for American law and should continue to be used as a guiding force for creating future legislation, interview with Bill O'Reilly, May 6, 2010

10. "I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree." --Sarah Palin, Fox News interview with Sean Hannity, Nov. 22, 2010

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/07/11 - 05:05 pm
Mk....several of the

Mk....several of the statements you listed are not dumb....you just don't agree with them.....big difference.

LBenedict
LBenedict 03/07/11 - 05:51 pm
Brad, granted the story I

Brad, granted the story I pasted may be a tad "out there", or, perhaps more than a tad. However, Obama refuses to prove his constitutional eligibility, and 50 Secretaries of State gave him a pass. Regardless, the Constitution is the law of the land, and the constitutional professor knows it. But for reasons only known to him and maybe a few others, he has demurred from performing his obligation.

If you are going to run for POTUS, you made the decision years prior to lay the groundwork. That being the case, he had ample time to get his paperwork in order and ducks in a row, media included. If he "lost" his official paperwork, no biggie...request another, for IF he were indeed born in Hawaii of TWO US citizens, 10 bucks and an application would have settled this many moons ago. All of this leads a reasonable person to conclude that he is not even close to being who he claims. He is a fraud, as if his multiple Social Security Numbers and names, foreign student status...was not evidence enough. And remember, it took a United States Senate resolution to declare John McCain constitutionally eligible.

LBenedict
LBenedict 03/07/11 - 05:57 pm
haki, you seem confident that

haki, you seem confident that Obama/Soetoro will be reelected. What makes you think that? What has he done to warrant another term (remember, he has 1.75 years before election day)? You may want to ponder the fact that in 2012, he will have to prove eligibility to get on the ballot in some states.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 03/07/11 - 09:06 pm
This was one of the well

This was one of the well thought out and written articles I have seen on here in a long while. I fully agree with the writer's premise and if it were not for the media's terrible attacks on this woman she really could have been our country's first woman president. What has been done to her is really a shame but with that said she has been smart enough to do 2 things. 1) she uses her fame to promote the common sense conservative ideals that she truly believes in and 2) she has made a butt load of money doing it. Yes, call her stupid, while she laughs all the way to the bank!

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 03/07/11 - 10:07 pm
Lee, I love you man but that

Lee, I love you man but that stuff just discredits your solid arguments.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/08/11 - 04:47 pm
What has he said that

What has he said that discredits his argument? What did he say that isn't true?