Take the fight to ISIS

It makes my blood boil for these ISIS savages to behead anyone, especially an American. ISIS has threatened to behead others if President Obama doesn’t stop the bombings. If we stop the bombings, ISIS will take over Iraq and will have an Islamic state, which will be the breeding ground for militant Muslims who want to kill all Americans as they have stated.

We can’t stop the bombings; instead we must increase pressure on these barbarians and eliminate every one of them just like rabid dogs. These crazies are not going to stop until they have completed their mission, which is to make Islam the one and only religion in the world.

Look at Vietnam. It was a political war that was run by the White House, and we lost. Do not allow our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan to have died in vain.

Another thing: Keep the press out of it. The press twists and spins the news as their parent company wants to present it. Just look at the frenzy the press caused in Ferguson. Mo.

It is only a matter of time before ISIS and other militant groups hit us in the United States. We must be ready. Let’s kick their tails.

Sam Arrington

Louisville

deestafford
deestafford 08/28/14 - 10:36 pm
The letter writer is right on track...

The letter write is right on track.

It was breaking news that Obama was going to meet today with his security council to discuss the ISIS and Russian situation! This has been going on for months and this spineless procrastinator is just getting around to meeting with his entire security council?

Obama has no concept of what the world is like and has no interest in foreign policy. He wants to concentrate (what little he can) on fundamentally changing America and he is going full speed ahead on that.

He talks as if Putin cares about public opinion outside of Russia. He seems to think the ISIS being accused of "being on the wrong side of history" matters to them. They are acting like Mohammed did in the seventh century and that is the where they want their world and as much of the rest of the earth they can conquer to be.

I believe Obama is incapable of recognizing evil. Recall, when he was first running for president and he was asked by Pastor Rick Warren at that program at the Saddleback Church what evil was. His answer was that evil was seeing poor people on the streets of the United States. Nothing about the evil occurring throughout the world of Muslim atrocities.

Lord, help us survive the next two years and five months as a country.

deestafford
deestafford 08/28/14 - 11:06 pm
Obama continually speaks of this...

Obama continually speaks of this being the 21st century as if the turning of a page on a calender means something to the Muslims and Putin. The turning of a calendar page means nothing to human nature.

To the Muslims this is not the 21st century but more like the 15th. To Putin, it is more like the latter part of the first half of the 20th century.

Recall when Stalin was told in the 1930's that the pope would not look favorably upon his actions not being in keeping with the 20th century and Stalin inquired, "How many divisions does the Pope have?'' Tyrants and tyrant wanna bes don't care what the calender says.

The bottom line is Obama has not concept or knowledge of both history and human nature. Our knowledge of the magnitude of Obama's shallowness increases nearly daily.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/29/14 - 12:21 am
Great comments, Dee. I love

Great comments, Dee. I love it!
"If there were a Nobel prize for competence in foreign policy, Jimmie Carter would win it hands down in a contest with Obama."

Not much else anyone can add. He thinks America is evil, but you may be right, he certainly may not recognize evil. However, I think he is the devil incarnate.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/29/14 - 12:20 am
I'm just afraid we are going

I'm just afraid we are going to have something worse than 9-11 before these liberal so-called journalists stop playing down the threat of ISIL or ISIS just to pander to Obumbler.

Even though this idiot-in-chief is telling us they're not a threat and not to worry, I hope behind the scenes he is having every agency busily checking and re-checking every possibility of an attack on our soil.

myfather15
myfather15 08/29/14 - 12:52 am
"Obama should call in his

"Obama should call in his remaining generals and give them two weeks to form a plan of attack to push these militants off the face of the Earth. Once a plan to eliminate them is resolved, let the military do its job. No politics, just the military."

I agree, and I agree even more that he should NOT announce his plans to the media!!

Journalists today, more than being responsible, want to be the "first" to break a story!! They will announce and leak ANYTHING, even of national security, if it furthers their career!! Makes plans and SHUT UP!! The media does NOT have the right to know everything our military is doing, BEFORE they even do it!!

Announcing to our enemy, what we're planning to do is just plain STUPID!!

Let me also add; that the president openly stating what we will and won't do, is just as stupid!! Go ahead, tell the enemy we're not coming with ground troops!!

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 08/29/14 - 06:02 am
Right off Bobby Jones and

Right off Bobby Jones and Wrightboro Road there's recruitment offices for the Army, Marines, Air Force, and Navy, all lined up in a row in the Kroger shopping center and convenient for you to sign up and head on over to Iraq. I've stopped by and dropped off snacks for them, and they're real nice folks. I'm sure they'd be happy to have all of you that are so gung ho to put your boots on the desert sands and keep dealing with Bush's and Cheney's Folly to stop by and enlist.

SGT49
2088
SGT49 08/29/14 - 07:21 am
OP, myfather: " "Obama should

OP, myfather: " "Obama should call in his remaining generals..." I don't know if you've noticed, but the jerk-in-chief has spent the last 6 years sacking any Generals with battle experience and replacing them with admin policy wonks. What kind of plan do you think he will get from them? Might as well ask the ketchup man for his advice.

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 07:30 am
Bod is like Obama and many others on the left....

Bod is like Obama and many others on the left who think there are only two options: do nothing and all out American soldiers on the ground.

It's a typical scare tactic used by the left to cover incompetence and lack of decisiveness.

By the way Bod, I visited the Army recruiter over 50 years ago and have the Purple Hearts to show for my commitment.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/29/14 - 08:02 am
wow dee

What a comeback!

Obama is gonna think about it---while he beheading out to golf course....ok kinda crude but just saw a toon with that on it..

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 08:18 am
Obama is the cause of the majority of the unrest...

Obama is the cause of the majority of the unrest that is going on now.

Let's look at it from the beginning:

One of the first things he did as President was go on an apology tour of the world and in particularly the Middle East where he talked about the greatness of the Muslims and told lies about their contributions to civilization and historical developments.

In reality, these inventions and contributions were done mostly by peoples in countries/territories the Muslims had conquered. The doctrine of the Muslims holds that Allah set things in motion and that they should not be tampered with. That is why you see few scientific developments and discoveries done by the Muslims. When was the last time a Muslim won a Nobel Prize in science or mathematics?

When he made his speech at the Cairo University he mandated that Muslim Brotherhood members be present in the audience. The MB had been outlawed in Egypt because they were and are a threat to the stability of the country because of their fundamentalist Islamic views.

In Egypt there was a dictator who was a friend of the US who kept peace and the country was prospering as well as it could when suddenly Obama and Clinton said Muborak had to go. We know what happen when the Muslim Brotherhood took over. Thank goodness the military had the courage to purge their country of the MB.

In Libya it was all of sudden decided that Quaddafi had to go. This dictator had been a semi-ally to the US and definitely not an outright enemy. Look at the chaos going on there now as a result of Obama's meddling.

Let's not forget how the young people of Iran took to the street to overthrow the mullahs so they could be free. They cried in the streets for US support. Remember Obama's response? All he did was to tell them they were on the "right side of history".

The "Arab Spring" which started in Tunisia was a direct result of Obama's apology tour.

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 08:21 am
Further Middle Eastern stability was struck down...

Further Middle Easter stability was struck down when Obama and Clinton hollered about Assad would have to leave Syria and when he pulled all troops out of a stable Iraq.

So, lay all this expansion of ISIS, Hamas and other "radical" Islamist right at the feet of Barack Hussein Obama.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/29/14 - 08:30 am
Obama doesn't have a plan and

Obama doesn't have a plan and still thinks they are the JV team and not worth bothering with-so until they attack directly the US don't expect much from Obama-course after another 9/11 like attack wouldn't that be too late? Apparently Bush was warned of a possible attack and ignored it-just like Obama is ignoring ISIS and hopes they just go away. Course the difference it people will hold that fact against Bush but Obama can't have anything to tarnish his halo.

john
john 08/29/14 - 09:27 am
Bod

Soldiers don't love war but understand that sometimes people need their rears kicked. ISIS needs to be dealt with asap. Lets not wait until its stage 4 cancer. And I'm a combat vet who really doesn't want to leave my family, but these people...pure evil.

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 09:32 am
Biz, It's a misconception that Bush was warned...

Biz, It's a misconception that Bush was warned of an attack and ignored it. This misconception comes from one of the Daily Presidential Briefings (Which Obama refuses to take most of the time) that said Al Quieda is planning a terrorist attack on the US. There were no specifics as to when and what methods would be used.

Let's assume for a minute that you and I are the President and we got a briefing that said the terrorists were going to attack the US using commercial aircraft. What would we do?

Up to now the only thing that had happened with civilian aircraft had been high jackings and security measures designed to prevent previous high jackings were in place.

There was no scenario in place about people flying aircraft into buildings. The terrorists used new tactics.

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 09:42 am
Obama is sending Kerry to the ME to set up....

Obama is sending Kerry to the ME to set up a coalition to go against ISIS. Question. If you were a ME country knowing Obama's track record of how he has dealt with US allied, would you want to enter into a coalition with him?

carcraft
carcraft 08/29/14 - 09:55 am
Of course when terrorists

Of course when terrorists attack the US it will be Bush's fault and failure of Republicans etc. so far Putin doesn't seem to responsive to Hillary's reset button or Obama's off ramp! Now as we watch ISIS sell women in slave markets, kill POWs, kill innocent civilians and cleans areas of anybody that doesn't agree with them. This is evil on the level of the NAZIs and yet Obama equivocates.

cush1944
cush1944 08/29/14 - 10:27 am
" And I'm a combat vet who

" And I'm a combat vet who really doesn't want to leave my family, but these people...pure evil."
John, I agree but some people like Obama, his mentor the Rev. Wright, AG Holder and it seems bod think this country is the 'pure evil one'.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/29/14 - 10:29 am
The British PM just gave a

The British PM just gave a rousing speech denouncing these radical extremist terrorists, while not insulting the Muslims who seem to be peaceful.

He laid out his plan because of a perceived threat to his country even though they had no hard evidence, he's planning ahead - imagine that! It includes double checking passports, limiting incoming and even outgoing foreign nationals, gearing up their security, alerting British citizens, just to name a few measures he is taking.

England, a small country with a much smaller army than ours, is doing something pro-active and smarter than our illustrious (not) leader. At least someone has some gonads.

cush1944
cush1944 08/29/14 - 10:32 am
"Our allies don't trust us

"Our allies don't trust us and our enemies don't fear us...what a low statue the American prestige and trustworthiness has sunk."
dee, it is going to get much worse before the community organizer is through. It is part of Obama's 'Dreams from My Father'.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/29/14 - 10:44 am
Obama mindset

This came to me via email. Feel free to debunk it, or confirm it.

A Coil of Rage:
The character of any man is defined by how he treats his mother as the years pass ... need I say more about this person below other than there is no character, no integrity, but there is a ton of attitude and arrogance that defines his shallow past and hollow future ... I rest my case.

I bought and read Obama's book, Audacity of Hope. It was difficult to read considering his attitude toward us and everything American.

Let me quote a phrase he uses to describe his attitude toward whites. He "harbors A COIL OF RAGE".

His words not mine. This is the current US president.

Everyone of voting age should read these two books written by him: Don't buy them , just get them from the library.

QUOTES:

From: Dreams From My Father
"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."
From: Dreams From My Father
"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

From: Dreams From My Father

"There was something about her that made me wary, a little too sure of herself, maybe and white."

From: Dreams From My Father

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From: Dreams From My Father
"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

And FINALLY ... and most scary:

From: Audacity of Hope

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

(Do Benghazi and the recent “prisoner swap” ring a bell?!?)

Our GREAT nation is being run by someone with this mentality? Keep your eye on him and don't blink.

I don't care whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, a conservative or a liberal, be aware of the attitude, mindset, and character of this sitting President.

myfather15
myfather15 08/29/14 - 11:25 am
Bodhisattva

I also signed up during war time (Desert Storm)!! No, I didn't go, as it ended quickly, before my basic training was completed; but I signed up DURING a conflict!!

Which service did you sign up for again?

myfather15
myfather15 08/29/14 - 11:29 am
deestafford

"The doctrine of the Muslims holds that Allah set things in motion and that they should not be tampered with."

You're absolutely correct!! What's most amazing to me is how they continue to believe this non-sense!! Especially seeing that every time the go against us in war, they lose!!! Yes, they do their terrorist attacks, that kill innocent civilians and cause SOME fear and panic; but overall they get their butts kicked every time they challenge the West!!

What has "Allah" actually delivered them? Third World Country status and a good butt kicking; that's what he has delivered for them!! Amazing that anyone could believe their god is actually in charge of anything!!

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/29/14 - 11:30 am
Itsa..

This truly is scary and revealing. I have not and don't intend to read his books, but can imagine these are true quotes merely by the way he is governing our nation and the actions he is taking to not protect America, especially white America.

What's even worse is that my sister, college educated, read the book and decided to vote for him anyway. She knows how I feel about him and has pretty much decided I don't need to be in her life. There are no blacks in our family tree. Both my maternal and paternal grandparents came from Europe and were poor so we had no slaves.

I cannot think of any other reason she is so "left" except that her college education included more than just the academics.

myfather15
myfather15 08/29/14 - 11:32 am
SGT49

"I don't know if you've noticed, but the jerk-in-chief has spent the last 6 years sacking any Generals with battle experience and replacing them with admin policy wonks."

Yeah, I realize this and it makes me sick! I guess what I was trying to say, was that WHATEVER they decide to do, doesn't need to be announced to the entire world; as if the enemy can't see American News Networks.

But, that's just another part of this pathetic administration!! They're transparent in all the WRONG areas, and completely the opposite where they need to be more transparent!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/29/14 - 11:36 am
hoptoad

"What's even worse is that my sister, college educated, read the book and decided to vote for him anyway."

I feel you're pain!! I had family members voted for him as well. They were duped into believing the lefts lies!! They actually thought that by voting for Obama, it would prove that America isn't the racist, hate filled Country the left claims it to be!! They actually bought into the "Hope" and "Change", not realizing the "Hope" was hope for a more socialist, secular Country and the change was exactly that!!

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 11:45 am
Itsanotherday, Thanks for posting that....

Itsanotherday, Thanks for posting that.

For some reason the American public refuses to believe what people write and say. Not only with the quotes above, but quotes from our enemies saying that they are coming after us and they are out to destroy us, there is a head-in-the-sand approach of "Oh, they don't really mean that."

The public didn't believe Obama in his books and it refuses to believe the Islamists as to what they are saying now. We always wait until it's too late.

I'm at a loss as to why it is that we refuse to accept something is a threat. A big threat to us right now is out of control immigration/Balkanization of this country and too many ignore it.

I guess the vultures prey on the ignorance of the American public.

deestafford
deestafford 08/29/14 - 11:56 am
hoptoad, I read his books with the same rationale...

hopptoad, I read his books with the same rationale as I read Mao, Marx, Giap, Russian tactics, and Chinese tactics. I read the writings of the left so I know what I'm up against and try to understand their thinking.

I look at dealing with the left as warfare. And, I think they think and feel they are at war with the right. The fly in the ointment is the Republicans don't understand we are at war with the left and the only way to win a war is defeating your enemy.

It used to be the Republicans and the Democrats could compromise; but, that was before the Democrats were taken over by the Marxists/Communists/Socialists/Fascists who dominate today.

The watch word in battle is "Know your enemy". We are in a battle for the future of the country as we know it and we are losing.

swcohen
swcohen 08/29/14 - 12:17 pm
So, it's okay to ignore the

So, it's okay to ignore the Constitution just this one time, is it?

Call in the generals, bypass Congress, ignore the will of the American people? Then there's the inconvenient little matter of the press having a Constitutional right to bring the news to us.

I'm outraged too, over what is going on in Syria and Iraq. The Islamic State is a thugocracy, a pale, weak, and disorganized shadow of the Nazis and Fascists of 70 years ago... and they must be stopped, routed, annihilated. Considering that the entire rest of the civilized world is standing around with their pants around their ankles, it's once again down to us to do the dirty work.

But we have laws against the kind of cowboy antics that the letter writer proposes... and many of the usual gang agree with. We commit to yet another war, we MUST do it right, and BY THE BOOK.

Some of you guys are right up there with the folks who called for us to nuke Iran in 1979. THAT sure would have solved everything, right?

historylover
historylover 08/29/14 - 12:34 pm
It's the deestafford

show! Tiresome posts today. Same ole, same ole.

Thank you all for your service. I was raised during a period of time when we were at peace so I saw no reason to take that path. I come from a very, very long line of men who served with honor. None of them were war mongers. Three of them received purple hearts. One of them was a POW for almost four years. I get it.

I also understand that we as a country are war tired. My nephew who is 23 has been living with war since he was 11 years old. Enough already! Bomb the heck out of them and get it over. No boots on the ground.

And I agree with Bod. If you are of age to still fight, then please enlist. If you have children, please get them to enlist. How many of you have children that are serving, who gripe on here day after day about the policies of our country? If you served over 20 years ago then you no longer know today's military. Things have drastically changed for the enlisted in 2014. Of course you will add that this is all Obama's fault. But you would be wrong.

Aren't you FUNDAMENTALIST, CHRISTIAN, REPUBLICAN, CONSERVATIVE FOLKS TIRED OF OUR BOYS AND GIRLS COMING HOME MISSING LIMBS, HAVING PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE OR IN COFFINS??

I FOR ONE AM SICK TO DEATH OF IT!

KSL
KSL 08/29/14 - 02:38 pm
Hard to know today's

Hard to know today's military, especially those in command Obama now that Obama is fundamentally changing it in much the way he has set about to change America. History, I can identify with you being "sick to death." We are sick to death of Obama.

Augusta's ties to Liberia date back to 1836

Richmond County’s ties to West Africa date back to the 1830s, when plantation owner Richard Tubman wrote in his will that his slaves were to be offered freedom. More recently, Augustans have ...