All toilets created equal

It was marred, however, by one disappointing experience and observation. Before the show began I made my way to the nearest portable “potty,” only to be turned away by a security guard who told me these were reserved for the VIPs. Looking around I saw fencing and tents that separated the VIPs from everyone else. I found this arrangement ironic on Independence day, when we celebrate freedom from the tyranny of the king, and to proclaim that all men are created equal.

I have no problem with people of like minds and interests cloistering themselves together at appropriate times and places. I do find it regrettable when this exclusive segregation occurs at public events. I hope that in the future the VIPs will take this opportunity to mingle with us commoners.

By the way, I made it to the alternative portable toilet at the opposite end of the grounds – just in time.

burninater
burninater 07/09/14 - 04:55 am
Some animals are more equal

Some animals are more equal than others.

myfather15
myfather15 07/09/14 - 06:59 am
It's called the ruling elite!!

And there is absolutely no political bias in that statement!! Many people just look down their noses at others; truly believing themselves to be superior to the simpletons in life. That's why the Bible says the meek (meaning humble) shall inherit the earth!! There are some rich and powerful who do NOT do this, but my personal guess (based on experience) is the majority do.

But, our elected officials play heavily into this, buy BEING this way and catering to those who greatly contribute to their campaigns!! It happens in every walk of life; and it isn't right!! How much money you have, has no bearing on whether you're an honorable person!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/09/14 - 07:01 am
You Have To Be Kidding Me

Mr. Williams thanks for letting us know about this. It's totally wrong and a misuse of county money to provide fencing and a toilet for VIPs. Just who were these VIPs? Who decided who was a VIP? Who ordered the special area? How much did the security guard cost to keep the citizens out of the area? Did anyone see who was in the area? What a silly idea to segregate people at a fireworks show for goodness sakes. I'd be embarrassed to be in such a roped off area.

myfather15
myfather15 07/09/14 - 07:02 am
Burninator

If we're all animals, then life SHOULD be this way!! Is the Lion not higher on the chain of life than the mouse? Does the Lion not EAT the lamb? Does the fox, not eat the rabbit?

That's why we are INTELLIGENT beings; we're SUPPOSED to behave different!! But, it's also called FREE WILL, by which people will be judged!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/09/14 - 08:12 am
VIPs huh

I would find out just who deserved these pottys....the names would be made public.......no way this should happen.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 07/09/14 - 09:27 am
Once I was on an airplane

Once I was on an airplane sitting in the front row of coach class. I had to pee really really bad so I walked back to the bathrooms. All were occupied with a long line of people spilling into the aisle. Starting to experience physical pain, I walked to the front of plane. As soon as I passed the curtain separating first class from coach, I was immediately stopped by the flight attendant.
FA: "sir, please return to the coach section"
Me: "but I have to use the restroom really badly"
FA: "sir, these people paid considerably more than you did for their seats and you need to leave the first class section and go back to coach"
Me: Look, you need to make a decision right now. Either let me use the first class restroom or have these nice rich people stepping in my urine.
She allowed me to use the restroom.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/09/14 - 10:19 am
Not really a complaint since it was free, but......

"My family and I enjoyed another superb Fourth of July fireworks display at Evans Towne Center. Congratulations to all who made it possible."

It was far from superb compared to last year's display for military appreciation day, with the Lt. Dan Band.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/09/14 - 11:52 am
"last year's display for

"last year's display for military appreciation day, with the Lt. Dan Band."

Now THAT was an event I really enjoyed.

I agree that there should not be any taxpayer funded and guarded "VIP" toilets at such an event. I guess they didn't want to be contaminated by the unwashed masses.

Jake
Jake 07/09/14 - 11:39 am
Equality in the john

All toilets are not equal. My great grandma in south Georgia had a one-seater outhouse with just a ragged burlap sack between you and the great outdoors. Yellow jackets were a constant menace when your kiester was positioned on the unfinished wood.
My uncle had a two-seater with a wooden door which provided more security but the yellow jackets were still a problem.
Was there a charge for the fireworks show? If yes, then I can understand someone purchasing a VIP ticket so their precious can does not come in contact with vermin from the great unwashed peasants. If there was no charge then there should have been some sort of Port-O-Let revolution in which the common masses stormed the VIP latrines and evacuated their bowels while chanting "When you gotta go, you gotta go".
My experience is that everyone's business stinks no matter the social or financial strata.

Darby
Darby 07/09/14 - 12:31 pm
"By the way, I made it to the alternative

portable toilet at the opposite end of the grounds – just in time."

Well, I'm "relieved" to hear that!

Darby
Darby 07/09/14 - 12:41 pm
Thumbs up to Burn

on this one.

What's with this kind of discrimination?

And Burn, you gotta stop it too. I don't like to have to agree with you.

fedex227
fedex227 07/09/14 - 02:00 pm
A clear display of ...

"Mr. Williams thanks for letting us know about this. It's totally wrong and a misuse of county money to provide fencing and a toilet for VIPs."

envy.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/09/14 - 02:51 pm
Well just say you left your

Well just say you left your VIP tag at your VIP seating drinking your favorite VIP beverage. Then chastise the person for not recognizing you, and frown the had the audacity to even question you. Dang even Ferris Bueller could figure this out. If that doesn't,t work use killer bee pheromone to draw gees to the offensive toilets. That way no one uses them.

Darby
Darby 07/09/14 - 05:00 pm
Someone ask Mr. Williams

if there were separate drinking fountains as well.

Talk about nostalgia for the bad old days.....

Sk8tng_Thin_Ice
Sk8tng_Thin_Ice 07/09/14 - 05:31 pm
Well said Mr. Williams!

Don't blame you for saying something...going to the bathroom is a universal right ! Shouldn't be made more difficult by "class" differences . I'm proud of you for standing up for the rights of us commoners.

I hope those VIPee-Pee's had a good long wait in their VIP cars after OUR show...like the rest of us commoners!

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/09/14 - 09:33 pm
Toilet envy- well I've seen

Toilet envy- well I've seen it all now and can go ahead and die. Good grief.