Gay pride is offensive

The following email, complete with an Enterprise SRS header, was circulated several times over the Savannah River Nuclear Site mail server last month:

“To: SRS Employees

“SRS GLOBE LGBT Pride Program

“The Savannah River Site’s Observance of SRS GLOBE annual LGBT Pride and Award Program will be held Wednesday, June 25, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in SRNL Conference Center, 703-41A, Room 136 (Ellenton Room).

“The guest speaker, Jeffrey Graham, Executive Director of the Equality Foundation of Georgia, will present ‘Same Love: The Movement for the Freedom to Marry.’ Assistant Secretary of Energy for Economic Impact and Diversity, Dot Harris, will also address the audience. The highlight of the program will be the presentation of the SRS GLOBE Award for Promoting Diversity at the Savannah River Site.”

There also were fliers posted in multiple entrances on-site promoting this event. For those who are unaware of GLOBE, it stands for Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual Employees and Allies Association.

During the annual National Day of Prayer, the local SRS meeting must be held outdoors in the heat; no fliers at the entrances; no outside speakers; and all coordinating and advertising the event must be done on the employees’ own time. The reason? Apparently it is not ethical to spend taxpayers’ money or resources on religious activities.

If taxpayers’ money can’t be spent to pray for blessings on this nation, then I have a major problem with it being spent to push someone’s sexual agenda. And I don’t think I am the only one who feels this way.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 07/08/14 - 12:22 pm
j-...this is why i believe

j-...this is why i believe mike...you right away attack my belief system..let me say in 60 years my belief system is far more defined that you will ever know...do you know if mike works there? ...corg..did you not hear of the baker in az....or the florist.....cant make this stuff up

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/08/14 - 01:08 pm
This is a celebration of

This is a celebration of sin....according to God and His Word but I guess you are complete free to celebrate whatever you want until the day of judgement.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 07/08/14 - 01:19 pm
RMSHEFF is correct.

RMSHEFF is correct. Homosexuality is a sin according to the bible. No, really. It's right in there. Check it out, it's really in there. It's there right after the part about a talking snake, a global flood, a floating zoo and a talking donkey.

GodisSoGood
GodisSoGood 07/08/14 - 01:27 pm
Yes, it is in there. Along

Yes, it is in there. Along with the Scripture that tells us that people's hearts will be hardened, and they will believe a lie. By the way, I believe all of those stories.

When eternity comes, we'll see who was right.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/08/14 - 01:57 pm
GAD's comment offers more

GAD's comment offers more proof of the inerrancy of Scripture. He continually does what the Bible says many will do in the last days!

burninater
burninater 07/08/14 - 02:33 pm
That's a fascinating idea,

That's a fascinating idea, RMSHEFF.

I think I'll give it a whirl:

AHEM! This post is not the word of Burninater, it is the Word of God!

I predict that in the future, people will dispute the Truth that Burninater's posts are the literal Word of God!

If anyone disputes this truth in the future, then the inerrancy of this post has been demonstrated!

cush1944
cush1944 07/08/14 - 02:53 pm
"The left is slowly

"The left is slowly diminishing traditional values and I'm sick of seeing that we must be tolerant of every weird, deviant, offensive behavior but we have to fight to keep normal, traditional, Christian behavior in our lives."
I AGREE 100%!!!

cush1944
cush1944 07/08/14 - 03:03 pm
"there will be a day soon

"there will be a day soon when chritians will be charged with hate crimes, and sent to sensitivity camps..muslims exempt...."
corigmom, when Muslins take over you may live to regret your statements.

cush1944
cush1944 07/08/14 - 04:11 pm
"But let me know, so that I

"But let me know, so that I can be watching out for the brainwashing. *snort*
You can't, because it isn't done."
Victims of brainwashing do not recognize it when it happens. *snort*

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 07/08/14 - 05:15 pm
Homosexuality is a sin

If you believe God created everything.Hence he created homosexuality. So if you believe homosexuality is wrong, you also must believe God screwed up. Sort of belys the omnipotent thing

burninater
burninater 07/08/14 - 05:20 pm
"... when Muslins take over

"... when Muslins take over you may live to regret your statements."
"Victims of brainwashing do not recognize it when it happens."

Indeed.

corgimom
corgimom 07/08/14 - 06:48 pm
If anybody thinks that

If anybody thinks that heterosexual sex isn't plastered everywhere, then I don't know what to tell that person. Because it is.

However, it shows where we are at that these ridiculous "celebrities" announce that they are gay. WHO CARES???

Well, you know who cares? The same posters that are on here, over and over, talking about the "wrong lifestyle", how it's a sin, etc.

corgimom
corgimom 07/08/14 - 06:51 pm
cush1944, if you want to

cush1944, if you want to spend your time believing that Muslims are going to take over the US, please do so, but please don't waste my time with that nonsense.

corgimom
corgimom 07/08/14 - 06:56 pm
The other day, I watched a

A stenographer, living in a drab tenement with her widowed father, has a boyfriend who is a soda jerk and a dweeb. He worships her, she thinks he's a dweeb.

A rich gangster sees her and wants to get with her, and I don't mean for a relationship. (See the title if you need a clue.) The man that was with him said to the effect that he'd be wasting his time with her, because she was poor and she wasn't in his class.

The gangster says, "There are Yes girls, No girls, and Maybe girls. And she's a Maybe girl."

And that was in 1930!!!

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/08/14 - 07:11 pm
Corgimom

I spend my time as God's word tells his disciples to spend their time. We are told to call those who will listen, to repentance. To turn from their sinful ways. Man naturally resist God's saving grace because most don't think they need a Savior. If you are a believer and don't care about the souls of men and are content with letting them parish in their sins I would question your own conversion. Most will not repent and be saved but we are not responsible for those that refuse to believe but we are responsible for presenting the Gospel to all.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/08/14 - 07:19 pm
I have to agree with you on

I have to agree with you on this comment of yours, corgimom: "If they would spend as much time and effort condemning adultery and fornication, this country would be far better off. That is far more damaging to our country, our society, and our children." It is that type of behavior that has weakened the moral fabric of our nation. If men set an example of moral authority by keeping the promises they make when they marry, EVERYONE would be better off, including themselves!

carcraft
carcraft 07/08/14 - 07:26 pm
RMSHEFF, I agree and applaud

RMSHEFF, I agree and applaud you. If the watchman doesn't sound the alarm and calamity comes up on you the condemnation is on his head. If the watchman sounds the alarm and is ignored the condemnation is on the people that ignore the watchman. It simply isn't the same. The primary purpose of sexual relations is procreation. God designed it that way and there is no way two gays procreate. Now God warns us that it is destructive and we ignore God's warning to our peril!

chemystree
chemystree 07/08/14 - 07:56 pm
cush1944

"we have to fight to keep normal, traditional, Christian behavior in our lives."

Remember what is "normal, traditional, and Christian behavior" is in the eye of the beholder. Support for the death penalty while claiming to be pro-life; denying scientific evidence for evolution and the age of the earth because of a literal interpretation of the bible; and ignoring climate change despite the 97% of scientists that support it. These are not normal, traditional, or Christian behaviors; and they are not positions shared by non-Evangelical Protestants. These positions describe ignorance, not the Christian belief of many millions of people, including Pope Francis, whom recently decried Fundamentalism (Christian, Muslim, or Jewish) as "violence against God."

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/08/14 - 07:37 pm
Indecent Behavior and exposure at the Homosexual Parade

Every Homosexual, sex freak, pillow biter and rubber necker within a 100 miles showed up for the Augusta parade.

This one of several things Augusta has become know for... and likely the 4th largest attraction every year.

However, the parade needs to be held to the SAME LEVEL of decency, Behavior and exposure as any public gathering on public streets would be.

Just because they swing in a different direction is not a legal excuse to walk around in pants with the butt cheeks cut out. Or a man to wear leather panties with a chain hooked to him as has been seen in many such parades.

BTW: When will the Heterosexual Parade be held?

burninater
burninater 07/08/14 - 08:11 pm
"BTW: When will the

"BTW: When will the Heterosexual Parade be held?"
------
Get off your lazy duff and organize one.

I bet every heterosexual, sex freak, pillow biter and rubber necker within a 100 miles will show up for it.

And you'll have every right under Georgia law to walk around in pants with the butt cheeks cut out, or to wear leather panties with a chain hooked to yourself -- you seem exceptionally taken with these outfits. Can't stop thinking about them, huh?

corgimom
corgimom 07/08/14 - 07:56 pm
RMSHEFF, I know many gay

RMSHEFF, I know many gay people that are fine Christians.

And I know a whole bunch of people that call themselves Christians that do a whole lot worse than the gay people that I know.

And I'm not a converted Christian and have never "converted" to anything, I have no idea what you are talking about.

However, I suggest that Jesus also spoke about people worrying about the log in their own eye before worrying about the speck in another's, and I think that's what he was talking about.

corgimom
corgimom 07/08/14 - 08:07 pm
noc noc, have you been to a

noc noc, have you been to a public beach lately and seen what HETEROSEXUAL GIRLS wear, consisting of dental floss and a patch of fabric in the front that is smaller than some Band-Aids???? Do you concern yourself about that? Why not?

And have you been in public lately and seen the heterosexual boys and men with their pants halfway down to their knees?

Have you seen some of the heterosexual women that look like they just came off a strip stage, and you can't take your eyes off of them, because you're just waiting for something to fall out?

I was at Olive Garden, and a woman was wearing a halter top, and she bent forward. WOW, that was a visit that me, and the people surrounding us, will never forget!

I was on a plane, and when it came time to get off the plane, people were standing in the aisle. A young woman had on a halter dress, and she didn't know it, but the dress had completely twisted around in the front. Everybody was laughing and pointing, and I couldn't stand it, so I yelled, "Miss, FIX YOUR DRESS!!!"

And you're concerned about what gay people wear in a parade???

Hey, in a parade, if you don't want to see it, you don't have to go. The indecent people are everywhere you go now and you don't have a choice, you get stuck seeing them anyway!

corgimom
corgimom 07/08/14 - 08:09 pm
Burn, hahahaha! Is that your

Burn, hahahaha!

Is that your puppy in the picture? Looks like a very good dog!

burninater
burninater 07/08/14 - 08:16 pm
Lol Corgi, that's not my pup,

Lol Corgi, that's not my pup, although she's apparently an excellent poker player.

We've got a chocolate lab and a plott hound in charge here at the homestead :-)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/08/14 - 08:55 pm
^5 to hoptoad's 0811. I try

^5 to hoptoad's 0811. I try to be very tolerant of others' preferences, habits, etc.; but when they insist on thrusting it in my face, the patience wears thin. They can have their celebrations, parades, and protests; but if they drag me into it through the force of government or other coercion, we have a problem.

burninater
burninater 07/08/14 - 09:15 pm
"...but if they drag me into

"...but if they drag me into it through the force of government or other coercion, we have a problem."
-----
So luckily, you've not got a problem.

Hoptoad's problem apparently is merely with "flamboyance," which is "attract[ing] attention because of their exuberance, confidence, and stylishness". I wonder if he has a problem with wearing tricorn hats and leggings and waving Gadsden flags? That's flamboyant behavior as well.

Young Fred
20528
Young Fred 07/08/14 - 10:20 pm
"The other day, I watched a

"The other day, I watched a terrific movie on TCM called "Playing Around", starring Alice White and Chester Morris, that was released in 1930. It was made before the Hays motion picture "decency" code."

Remember what is "normal, traditional, and Christian behavior" is in the eye of the beholder"...

That is the question; what exactly is the "eye of the beholder "? ...

Is it what current pop culture defines it to be? Because current pop is twisted at the best definition!

It's a sad commentary if we define ourselves based on pop.

It's so easy to defer to a popular movie, or song, or video. It takes stamina to beat back the "easy, oh so easy" pop conclusion.

It takes knowledge, it takes assured ness! It takes a confidence in the superiority of ones views.

And don't think otherwise, there is a most definite superiority in one view over the other!

Young Fred
20528
Young Fred 07/08/14 - 10:35 pm
burn

Flamboyance tends towards the one who has control of the debate. You're point is well made, but at the same time it sounds like a whine.

Flamboyant is in the eye of the beholder. If the "majority" of beholders feel "A" is acceptable, while "B" is not, why that's just life!!!

I'm sure the left coast will accept your "B" with no questions asked!

More power to the uninformed fools!

burninater
burninater 07/09/14 - 04:59 am
"You're point is well made,

"You're point is well made, but at the same time it sounds like a whine."
-------
Really? And yet the folks I'm responding to are the ones whining and moaning about this, and/or claiming that someone's free expression is "unacceptable" or "offensive" or "obscene".

Eye of the beholder indeed.

carcraft
carcraft 07/09/14 - 07:33 am
Let’s look at the benefits of

Let’s look at the benefits of going to church and a belief in God. People who are regular Church goers have best sex lives. http://www.datingadvice.com/studies/rcgmsw . People who attend Church live longer. http://www.bing.com/search?q=churchgoers%20live%20longer%20study&pc=cosp... Children raised in Church have lower poverty levels, and do better in school. http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/on_the_front_lines_of_the_culture_wa... Then Church goers are happier than other people. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/yourlife/mind-soul/spirituality/2010-12-0... Us ignorant sods that believe in God and waste our time worshiping Him are just wasting our time right? I can say I have been truly blessed by God. So go to your gay rights festivals etc. and celebrate but as for I and my family we will worship God and seek to honor the wisdom he has given us provided in his word and live happier, longer, healthier lives.

McDuffie school system closes after influenza outbreak

One day after closing Maxwell Elementary School due to excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to ...