Why? Can you answer?

Why don’t some people use turn signals in Augusta?

Why do people leave shopping carts in handicapped parking areas?

Why do some people refuse to turn headlights on in the rain?

Why fret over children’s obesity? Have you look at their parents?

Why? Because some people just do not care!

Charles Slechta

Grovetown

myfather15
myfather15 06/21/14 - 06:46 am
1) Because they're mentally

1) Because they're mentally lazy and don't worry with it.
2) Because they're too lazy to walk the cart where they're suppose to go; AND they're jealous of handicap parkers and want their space.
3) Because they can see very well, and who are you to tell them they need to turn their lights on!!
4) Because that's the liberal world we now live in!! Got a problem? Throw money at it!! Nevermind the FACT, that our children were much smarter when we had nothing but old used text books!!
5) Because it's simply another way of saying that American's can't even take care of their children, so government must do it for them!!
6) Correct!! And the more people become confused to what's really is right and wrong, they more they stop caring!! Confusion actually makes people stop caring!!

soapy_725
soapy_725 06/21/14 - 08:21 am
ARC has its own sustainable fuel source. Ignorance & Apathy.

ARC has its own sustainable fuel source. Ignorance & Apathy.

soapy_725
soapy_725 06/21/14 - 08:22 am
Are ignorance & apathy a problem? Don't know, don't care.

Are ignorance & apathy a problem? Don't know, don't care.

soapy_725
soapy_725 06/21/14 - 08:26 am
2 Timothy 3:2...lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters,

proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,...Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

jimmymac
jimmymac 06/21/14 - 09:47 am
#2

Maybe the shopping cart was used by a handicap person to get to their car much like a walker. If it bothers you so much why don't you use your energy and move the cart to the proper location

Darby
Darby 06/21/14 - 11:16 am
Why don’t some people use turn

signals in Augusta? (Maybe they're trying to keep the rest of us on our toes.)

Why do people leave shopping carts in handicapped parking areas? (Never noticed. Is it really a problem?)

Why do some people refuse to turn headlights on in the rain? (Maybe the rain isn't as pronounced as YOU think it is).

Why worry about educating the children? This is the first budget to be cut-and cut and cut. (Perhaps the solution lies with what the "system" is doing with the money it's getting already.)

Why fret over children’s obesity? Have you looked at their parents? (I have, and some of those parents are fat and some are downright anorexic.)

Why? Because some people just do not care!" (You may have noticed, I DON'T either!)

Another slow day at the editorial desk?

corgimom
corgimom 06/21/14 - 11:18 am
myfather- 4)- the US

myfather- 4)- the US population has consistently stayed at an average IQ of 100. It's a standard bell curve. 50% has an IQ of over 100, 50% has an IQ of under 100. No, the students didn't used to be smarter.

5) It used to be that you rarely saw overweight children. Now it's becoming increasingly normal. We weren't overweight because we went outside and played, all the time, year-round.

And now helicopter parents don't want to take their eyes off their children, because John Walsh and the media want parents to think that there is a child molester behind every rock. It is just as safe as it used to be, but now, you rarely see kids outside playing.

In my neighborhood, kids still play in the streets. They ride bikes, they skate, they hang out, they play all sorts of games, just like we used to. It's refreshing to see. And they aren't overweight.

Childhood obesity is a very serious problem. Overweight kids grow up to be overweight adults, and doctors are seeing more and more kids with Type II diabetes and high blood pressure. In children. It is a very serious economic problem.

If parents put up the video games and made kids go outside and play, a whole lot of things would improve. But then the parents couldn't hover over their children and fulfill THEIR needs, instead of doing what's best for their children.

IBeDogGone
IBeDogGone 06/21/14 - 11:44 am
Why Worry About Other People

If I dwell on the negative aspects I see in others I become very unhappy.

I have probably not turned my blinker on or my lights in the rain at times because I was preoccupied.

I am not going to worry about why someone left a cart in a handicapped parking place I am just going to roll it over where the rest of the carts are or use it myself while I shop.

My Grandchildren are going to have the best education because I provide creative ways of learning that schoools do not have the time or resources to do. I will donate my time to help with the education of children who have parents that cannot tutor them in area's they do not understand and get someone to do so for my grandchildren.

I am not confused as to what is right or wrong for myself, I have my morals and standards. It is not my business to judge others.

I only have 24 hours a day to be happy and i strive for atleast 23 hours and 45 minutes to be peaceful.

I allow myself 15 minutes per day to worry about negative issues and spend the other 23 hours and 45 minutes content or focusing on what I can do to improve my life and the life of others surrounding me.

Good Bye I am on the way to the pool!

etlinks
20372
etlinks 06/21/14 - 01:07 pm
Why? Because some people just do not care!

As far as using turn signals and cutting lights on in the rain the people that fail to do these basic things are just lazy and stupid period.

swcohen
swcohen 06/21/14 - 01:32 pm
Way back when I was a kid, I remember asking my dad

some of these same questions. He'd just shrug and say "I'm amazed that most people can manage to not put their pants on backwards."

So there is that...

myfather15
myfather15 06/21/14 - 01:39 pm
"John Walsh and the media

"John Walsh and the media want parents to think that there is a child molester behind every rock."

Obviously, someone has NEVER looked at a sex offender registry!! They ARE everywhere!! I have three of them just in my neighborhood!! And NO, I don't trust my small children playing outside by themselves, that's why I also have a German Shepherd who will eat bad man who comes into my yard!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 06/21/14 - 08:21 pm
All the time

I am likely about the same age as Corgimom. I certainly did not play outside all the time. If Corgimom did, she is one unusual woman.

I did come inside to bathe and sleep. Most of the time I came inside to eat, do homework, do my inside chores, etc.

And yes, sometimes I even played inside. We played board games, card games, I-spy games, etc.

corgimom
corgimom 06/21/14 - 08:53 pm
myfather, we had child

myfather, we had child molesters in our neighborhood as kids, too. We just didn't know it. And we happily played. If you children stick together and have a cell phone, they'll be fine.

corgimom
corgimom 06/21/14 - 08:56 pm
Sometimes we came in to

Sometimes we came in to sleep, sometimes we slept in the back yard. I did most of my homework at school, and did my inside tasks at night. We would come home from school. get a snack, and go right outside. You would play until suppertime or the streetlights came on, then you went in and ate, and sometimes there was still time to go back out.

Darby
Darby 06/21/14 - 09:41 pm
Funny how some folks confuse

Funny how some folks confuse IQ with education.

Kids did learn more (back in the day) and it had little to do with the average Intelligence Quotient.

It was because they were taught the fundamentals... the basics.

Now, far too much time and money is spent on political correctness and not nearly enough time solving complex math and science problems.

Of course, our fully indoctrinated teachers and other "educators" will deny this. They will (always) fall back on the old canard of "not enough money". A clumsy sham to explain their perpetual failure.

The fact that they cannot see it for what it is nothing less than proof of just how far we have fallen and how much we have failed our children.

Darby
Darby 06/21/14 - 10:25 pm
"We played board games, card games,

I-spy games, etc."
We played Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit. (Am I dating myself?)

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/22/14 - 12:53 am
Absolutely, kids were

Better educated in the past. High school graduates could actually read at a high school level. Could cypher also.

Sympathizers didn't automatically support union run systems that looked out for the best interest of their members rather than the children.

People didn't automatically defend abject failure, while screeching for more money.