Another civil war likely?

When are the American people going to wake up and realize that people such as President Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Richmond County Democratic Party Chairman Lowell Greenbaum and others are intent on destroying this country and our Constitution?

These elected officials have broken the law, and the Democrats will not join in taking legal action! We are headed toward a civil war to protect our country, and as an older person, I just hope I last long enough to assist. My property is fenced, my doors are locked, my lights are on and all of my guns are loaded.

I honestly hope that things get better before it is too late. God bless the United States, but more importantly, God bless the Confederacy!

Don Turner

Grovetown

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 06/16/14 - 02:52 am
"When are the American people

"When are the American people going to wake up ..."

When people wake up and realize that you can not sell the "American Dream" by dragging around your "they are coming for us" Nightmare.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/14 - 05:47 am
I'll Take My Stand

“There was a land of Cavaliers and Cotton Fields called the Old South. Here in this pretty world, Gallantry took its last bow. Here was the last ever to be seen of Knights and their Ladies Fair, of Master and of Slave. Look for it only in books, for it is no more than a dream remembered, a Civilization gone with the wind.”

The writer’s vision is entwined with the romance of the Old South. I don’t think anyone seriously promotes a civil war. It’s more an idealistic call for us to get our government and values back from wherever they’ve gone. A cultural secession back to our genteel roots.

carcraft
carcraft 06/16/14 - 05:55 am
I don't know how much longer

carcraft
carcraft 06/16/14 - 05:59 am
I don't know how much longer

I don't know how much longer working Americans can support the moochers! Who's John Galt? The other issue, the lawlessness of this administration, 35,000 illegals a month across our boarder and Obama does nothing about it!

corgimom
corgimom 06/16/14 - 07:14 am
I cannot believe that anybody

I cannot believe that anybody would support a civil war. The last one resulted in over 750,000 people killed, many more maimed for life, and destruction of families.

Who would advocate such a thing?

Over what?

Despite what some of you think, the majority of the country thinks things are just fine in the US. And they most likely will reelect YET ANOTHER Democratic President, and we are probably going to get Hillary. *sigh*

And you know why? Because too many people are wasting their time by obsessing over ridiculous things. And the GOP is doing the same thing.

Folks, the demographics of this country has changed, and it never, ever is going to go back to the way it was. Quit lamenting about the "good old days" and FACE FACTS.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/16/14 - 07:16 am
Many believe this explains

so many racial dividing actions by the Socialists in Power go unchecked.

The goal could be very well to divide our nation and make it a weak Nation. Because a weak nation is a easy target for invasion and
takeover.

BESIDES
A civil war allows the Socialists to completely Suspend the
US Constitution under the lie of "protecting" the public.

This is one reason why the John Galt concept has been becoming more popular.

corgimom
corgimom 06/16/14 - 07:47 am
Then I guess if people were

Then I guess if people were smart, they won't start a Civil War, now will they, noc noc?

Fortunately, most people are.

corgimom
corgimom 06/16/14 - 07:49 am
But I have to laugh at people

But I have to laugh at people like Don Turner. His property is fenced, his door is locked, and he has guns.

Oh yeah, the US military is going to tremble in fear about him!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/16/14 - 08:16 am
Not so sure they don't want it!

Some mountain folks are gearing up for it...lots of training going on & they can live without electricity...it would be tuff on me though.

I depend on power...coffee & stuff. :)

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/16/14 - 08:23 am
Corgi-the progressive Godoy

Corgi-the progressive Godoy lamented and talked about a civil war being inevitable here for years. I always thought he was a nutcase for saying it but now I think there is merit to it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/16/14 - 08:30 am
Last laugh

Yeah, the British laughed at the Americans in 1776 also.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/16/14 - 08:37 am
It won't be north vs south,

It won't be north vs south, but ideological. Progressive are a minority compared to conservative and independents. Course with any luck the independents will drive both the conservative and progressive into obscurity.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 06/16/14 - 08:55 am
East vs. West this time!!!

Pretty soon I believe we'll have "Democrat Only" and "Republican Only" drinking fountains and waiting rooms.

karradur
karradur 06/16/14 - 09:09 am
...

"God bless the Confederacy!"

With that statement, Mr. Turner, you lose any and all credibility.

jimmymac
jimmymac 06/16/14 - 09:47 am
RIGHTS

Many of our constitutional rights have been infringed upon by recent government actions. Obama and his democratic ilk are chaffing at the bit to roll back the 2nd amendment and every time a shooting occurs Obama gets on TV and rails about gun rights like that would stop a senseless shooting rom some nut job. The recent shooting at a college campus is a case in point. Hardly any attention was made about the fact that the first three people were killed by a knife. All of Obama's attention and the adoring media focused on the three that were shot.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/16/14 - 09:59 am
"I cannot believe that

"I cannot believe that anybody would support a civil war."

I would. There are fundamental issues of loss of freedoms, the government violating the Constitution AND existing federal and state laws, the government agencies INVENTING LAWS that have not been passed by elected representatives, governmental social engineering, and government overreach where I believe the lines have been crossed. Revolt is justified when there is oppression. If there are working, middle class taxpayers out there that do not feel the effects of government oppression then they are either numb or they are political ideologues. Either way, I have already revolted against the government in every way I can without spending my remaining days in jail. I would be willing to do more but the spineless citizenry I see out there does not deserve me or any other former or current soldier making further sacrifices for this perverted remnant of the country we once swore to defend. So I am kind of like Mr. Turner....hold up on my property.....living life and doing things as I see fit....violating every government policy and Michelle diet that I possibly can......doing all I can to pay little or no taxes......doors locked and guns loaded.....in one of those "Don't Tread On Me" states of mind. I guess many are satisfied with the direction the country is going.....but I feel sorry for you.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/16/14 - 10:02 am
Civil War

If there is it will be between the people who work for a living and those who want "Their fair share of your Pie". Yes, I'm talking about the people who sit at home waiting on their check or EBT recharge and those who earn the money for them.. That's the more likely scenario.. If anyone has no problem with the "Fair Share Folks, just go on over and hand them your check now" As for me and mine, we will fight to protect what we have earned. Entrance upon my property without my express permission is your implied consent to be used as a live fire target!

willie7
willie7 06/16/14 - 11:08 am
We have some weird people

We have some weird people among us-----it is unbelievable reading some of these letters to the editor. I am sure they must spend all day viewing FOX. It is sad that these people are very uninformed and won't read history. These are the ones I am afraid of---locked up with loaded gun===God bless us!!!

jack234
jack234 06/16/14 - 11:31 am
I feel sorry for the writer.

I feel sorry for the writer. Why would anyone want to live like that? He needs help from all available services.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/16/14 - 11:32 am
Instead of Civil War

About student loans, what Elizabeth Warren is proposing is taxing those with money to lower what those who agreed to the loans won't have to pay. Just more income redistribution trying to make some pay for the education of others.

To all the pessimists, I have a feeling we're going to be okay with the next Congressional elections and the later presidential election. The country has fallen apart at home and internationally. The Tea Party revolt is the civil war. There's no way Democrats and Hillary can survive this collapse of America. Conservative voters will be fired up.

corgimom
corgimom 06/16/14 - 12:38 pm
Dichotomy, you want your

Dichotomy, you want your family slaughtered?

Nobody is a match for the US military. And if there's a civil war, yes, millions of people would be slaughtered. Just like nearly a million people were slaughtered from 1861-1865, and that doesn't include the ones that died from starvation and disease back home.

Maybe your people didn't suffer from the War. Mine did. My family was lucky- they only lost about 50% of their men that went to the War, and they fought for the Union.

The 1870 census was the only census in our nation where the population declined.

Nobody has lost any freedoms, that is absurd. All of our lives are fine, just fine.

If you want to really revolt against the government, stop driving on government roads. Don't go to hospitals. Don't use the public drinking water. Don't go to a park. When you are in a public place, don't use a public restroom, it's connected to the public sewer system. Don't be a hypocrite, if you're going to revolt against the government, do it all the way.

All these people that say they are "revolting" are full of hot air, because they don't do any of that. They are mad that things aren't going their way. Guess what, there are 330 million people in this country, nobody is ever going to get their way. You don't like it? Vote for somebody that you think is going to change things. Guess what, it's not going to happen. If the vast, immense wealth of the LDS church couldn't get Mitt Romney elected, it IS. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

All this crap about the Constitution- they also conveniently forget about all the Executive Orders that George W. Bush used, too.

Give me a break.

Dichotomy, tell me about the loss of freedom that YOU personally have suffered. Not what you hear on the news, not what you read on the Internet, but what YOU have suffered.

I have not had a single one of my Constitutional freedoms limited in any way. I go where I want, do what I want, say what I want (except when Sean spanks me.) I go to the church that I want, worship how I want. I read the news sources that I want, the police do not harass me in any way. I do not live in fear or dread. If I want to go buy a gun, I can and I will. I can buy as many guns as I want, if I choose to do so.

You are not oppressed in any way. Get real.

The country is undergoing great social change, the "conservatives" are now in the minority, and it is never, ever going to go back to the way it was. Majority rules, and people like you are now in the minority, and are going to stay that way.

But if you feel that you are so oppressed, Dichotomy, you are free to go somewhere that you don't feel oppressed. That's one of the beauties of our Constitutional freedoms. Nobody is forcing you to stay here and feel oppressed.

As for me, I think my country is great. I love the USA, we live in a great country, I am doing better than I ever dreamed possible.

So sorry you don't feel the same way, Dichotomy. Me, I enjoy my life.

corgimom
corgimom 06/16/14 - 12:40 pm
CBBP, it's a shame you never

CBBP, it's a shame you never met my father. I had to listen to that crap for the entire 44 years of my life that he lived.

And it hasn't happened yet.

Are you old enough to remember the riots of the 60's and 70's? How did that turn out?

corgimom
corgimom 06/16/14 - 12:44 pm
You know what? If a civil war

You know what? If a civil war starts, all that has to be done is to turn off the water and turn off the electricity and the natural gas.

It'll last 5 days, max.

And that's why when people say junk like there is going to be a civil war, I just roll my eyes. I'm not staying up at night worrying that it is going to happen.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/16/14 - 12:52 pm
Corgi you assume the military

Corgi you assume the military would support one side during a civil war-likley not. There are many military bases and many soldiers from Red, Rep, conservative states. I would think only a minority of soldiers would support progressives and most would choose the conservative or moderate side of the civil war. The first civil war divided our nations generals, military, and population. Soldiers are citizens too so they will follow their ideology and pick that side. Besides the conservatives are painted as blood thirsty dogs of war with weapons to destroy and they will fight against anti-war sympathizers, environmentalist, anti-gun supporters who likely don't have the stomach or knowledge to fight. It would likely be a massacre.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/16/14 - 12:57 pm
Turn it off, then an armed

Turn it off, then an armed force takes it over and turns it on. Simple. A military force fighting Americans on American soil would be a shot heard around the world. 'While we would be fighting each other other nations would likely destroy us all and take advantage of our moment of weakness.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/16/14 - 01:02 pm
We should be worried about

We should be worried about another 9/11 attack or greater because while Bush kept us safe fighting the War on Terror Obama has denied we are at war with anyone. Islamic terrorism is growing and I predict another 9/11 attack like the attack on American soil in Benghazi-a terrorist attack according to Obama. So terrorist have attacked us and will continue to do so.

myfather15
myfather15 06/16/14 - 01:15 pm
Corgi

You seem to be of the opinion that "If it doesn't affect me, I don't care."

Well, I know you've live many places and have much experience; but you also now have the priviledge of living in the SOUTH, which is conservative dominated!! Try moving to New York or MANY different places and buying a gun, as you made it sound so easy. People's RIGHT to bear arms IS being infringed on DAILY, in different parts of the Country. Law are being passed making it almost impossible for law abiding citizens to obtain firearms for protection. And YES, they do want more control!!!

That's not even touching on how over taxed we are!! How many regulations are placed on us every single day!! What our children are being taught in PUBLIC schools!! And much more!!

I'm glad your so perfectly content with everything going on!! Many people were content to do nothing before the Third Reich as well!! Has it got that far? Not yet, but I would prefer it NOT EITHER!!

"You don't like it? Vote for somebody that you think is going to change things."

That would be really nice, IF you could trust your elections today!! Do you honestly, deep inside you believe that every vote is counted and voter/election fraud doesn't happen? If you do, then you're a fool!! Elections are stolen, every single election; but the left AND the right!! I don't trust a single one of them!! Do a little research into how many HUNDREDS of millions of dollars George Soros has spent on individual states, secretary of state elections. Because the SOS is responsible for certifiying election results!! Anything George Soros has his hands in, is corrupt!!!

But anyway, keep dreaming that this is America and nothing bad will ever happen here!! While it sneaks up behind you!!

"Nobody is a match for the US military"

Correct!! But in the event of Civil War, based on political ideology; the military would be completely divided!! I served in the Marines!! If Civil War broke out during my service, do you really think I would have turned my gun on my fellow conservatives, because of orders?? The military would be completely split, and I personally believe there would be more warriors on the conservatives side!! As well as most LE officers fall on the conservative side!!

myfather15
myfather15 06/16/14 - 01:19 pm
The left would LOSE a Civil War, terribly!!

They have no warriors on their side!! Tree-hugging liberals are not known for their bravery in combat!! And their leaders, aren't known for their MILITARY brilliance!!

Liberals love to hide behind words!!

And please, don't give me the Civil War as an example!! Everyone knows at that time, the North was dominated by republican and the south by dems!! It hasn't changed, only the names have.

OJP
OJP 06/16/14 - 01:50 pm
@Riverman1

"A cultural secession back to our genteel roots."

What!? You realize what that entails, right? For cryin' out loud...

burninater
burninater 06/16/14 - 03:09 pm
This letter is a window on

This letter is a window on the paranoid death spiral of a specific subculture of a generation.

The divide and conquer rhetoric and bile of media outlets like this has decreasing audiences -- and those audiences are increasingly getting older.

Younger generations just don't get into the hate and paranoia and fear that are represented by this letter. If there IS going to be a civil war, it will probably look like a bunch of isolated, bitter little men locked inside their houses and writing angry letters to the newspaper.

Noone else cares enough about your paranoid and petty nastiness. Sorry.