Candidate John Stone offers hope

Successful societies and economies have three components:

• unselfish leadership that promotes society’s betterment;

• leadership and, therefore, also citizenry who understand and adhere to the rule of law;

• freedom to risk for personal gain and freedom to either succeed or fail.

We, the electorate, know that we are looking for candidates who are able to and will provide leadership for the public good and adherence to the rule of law, both of which encourage freedom for economic risk-taking.

The constant stream of platitudes from our candidates is discouraging. But I had the privilege of meeting hope recently.

Imagine what it would be like having our country led again by citizen leaders who know how to work within our Constitution, rules and laws! It would mean politics without personal rancor; ability for government to encourage entrepreneurship again; plentiful jobs; and the opportunity for you and me to enjoy being American.

We need people such as John Stone in leadership positions. Please join us in voting for and supporting John Stone to represent District 12 in the U.S. House of Representatives.

avidreader
avidreader 05/14/14 - 05:48 am
Essay Lesson 101!

You are making points without evidence to support them.

"I met John Stone, candidate for Congress, who promptly showed me he understands these concepts. Not only does John Stone know how to get Congress to abide by the rule of law again, but he already has succeeded in leading some of the steps toward rejuvenation of the rule of law."

So, you met this guy. So what! Do you really KNOW him? Please think about the above statement. Give the reader some details and evidence to support your thesis.

Every politician in America is spewing the same drivel. Maybe you should write a Guest Column for the Sunday edition -- you are allowed a more generous word count.

avidreader
avidreader 05/14/14 - 05:53 am
Nit Picking!

Ms. Klemann, I really appreciate that you CARE about our political process, but let's admit it, we read the same stuff over and over again -- stuff without substance.

I'm not attempting sarcasm when I say, please write a Guest Column. Do it! I'd love to know more about Mr. Stone.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 05/14/14 - 07:00 am
Offers hope? Not a chance...

Offers hope? Not a chance... especially with the Tea Party Express backing him... steer clear!!

deestafford
deestafford 05/14/14 - 08:02 am
One thing I can say...

One thing I can say is no matter which candidate is selected we will have a better chance of beating Barrow than last election.

Darby
Darby 05/14/14 - 11:15 am
"You are making points without evidence to support them."

That's pretty much what you do in an opinion piece such as this. Evidence is usually presented in court.

CabisKhan
CabisKhan 05/14/14 - 11:27 am
Darby
Darby 05/14/14 - 11:37 am
I don't know everything

I'd like to know about John Stone, but like some others, I've met him and like him.

That's so much more than I can say about so many other would-be public servants.

John was the Deputy Chief of Staff and Communications Director for the late U.S. Rep. Charlie Norwood and has a host of other credentials which, to me are impressive.

He didn't just show up on the political doorstep yesterday.

I like the guy. You don't have to vote for him.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.