Vote for Blocker-Adams

I would like to ask the good people of Augusta to please vote for Helen Blocker-Adams for mayor.

I have known her for seven years, and will vouch for her honesty, dedication to public service, the betterment of others, and common sense approaches to problems.

Many charge that Helen is “too nice,” and has one of those “everything’s rosy and bright” outlooks. She is nice, granted. But she can, has and will turn it up a few notches, and in diplomatic fashion, to serve the people, make people safer and get people working. Her optimistic outlook is not a bad thing. She knows what she’s doing, knows what must be done and is eager to again get results.

Over the years I have seen Helen in local schools doing what she can to help others. I approached her about a student who wanted to be a musician. The student recently had lost his father, his best friend. Helen had him on her radio program for three hours playing music. He told me that evening that it was the best night of his life, and he met a few producers. Many of her good deeds from a servant’s heart never landed on the front page or on the evening news. But it didn’t matter; she does things to better others and the community as a whole, not for headlines.

If you want a run-of-the-mill politician, there are a few choices for you.

If you want a professional public servant who knows how to bring people together for the good of the group, who knows how to identify the correct problem and then work the problem; and who will rattle a few cages when the need arises; then Helen Blocker-Adams is the only choice.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/22/14 - 08:46 am
Honesty goes a long way with

Honesty goes a long way with me. There are a couple of the candidates that I question their honesty, integrity, and ethics.

But being from the forgotten south end of the county, I do have concerns about Helen's statements she recently made at the last forum which were clearly pandering to the residents of east Augusta. Maybe she will come on here and explain how she would recommend dispersing the "investment" spending around the county.

usafveteran
usafveteran 04/22/14 - 09:36 am
Helen is the best candidate

Having spoken with Ms. Blocker-Adams, I feel she is the best candidate for the city of Augusta. She has the capacity to bring people together and listen to their concerns. Is she perfect--far from it, but she does not commit herself to either liberal or conservative ideology--only that which will better the community. Believing her first duty is to curtail the crime downtown, this will no doubt bring jobs and businesses to Augusta.

Butterman
Butterman 04/22/14 - 12:06 pm
Motivational Speaker

What are her credentials? She is a 'motivational speaker" for goodness sakes. I went to two mayoral forums and her answer to nearly everything was to "form a committee" and "conduct a study". Helen is a narcissist. She just want to be mayor to fulfill her inflated ego.

Butterman
Butterman 04/22/14 - 12:24 pm
Martinez

So Lee Benedict lives in Columbia County and is lecturing us who we should vote for mayor? Maybe Mr. Benedict ought to focus his attention on the Ron Cross - Jim Bartley race

Butterman
Butterman 04/22/14 - 12:31 pm
Deke Repeat

Helen would just be Deke Part Deux

allhans
allhans 04/22/14 - 12:43 pm
I would like to see whichever

I would like to see whichever of the candidates that will proudly [promote the area elected...

jimmymac
jimmymac 04/22/14 - 02:18 pm
MAYOR

I feel sorry for Augusta. The candidates won't do anything to improve things so it will continue to slide.

Butterman
Butterman 04/22/14 - 02:26 pm
Lee Benedict

Does not exactly have a sterling track record in picking winning candidates.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/22/14 - 09:32 pm
Maybe Lee doesn't follow the

Maybe Lee doesn't follow the herd. I agree that of the candidates, I would vote for Helen if I had a vote. I think the others will just continue the divisive racial politics of the past.

shamrock
shamrock 04/23/14 - 12:19 pm
Who is Lee Benedict?

Since Lee Benedict is NOT from Richmond County, and I don't even know who he is, why would I accept his endorsement of Helen Blocker-Adams (no relation)? WAIT ... I forgot ... I don't live in Richmond County anymore ... so why am I even commenting.

Court rules in probation case

ATLANTA -- The Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision this morning concluding that it is legal for local courts to contract with private companies to supervise offenders on probation for minor ...