Former Colorado Gov. Richard Lamm gave a speech in Washington, D.C., in 2004 discussing immigration overpopulation. He started off by saying, “If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let’s destroy America.”
While not original, his plan nonetheless is being implemented inch by inch by progressives in both parties.
Lamm begins with:
• Turn America into a bilingual or multilingual and bicultural country.
• Invent multiculturalism and encourage immigrants to maintain their cultures.
• Encourage various cultural subgroups living in America to enforce their differences rather than, as Americans, emphasize their similarities.
• Make the fastest-growing demographic the least educated. Add a second underclass, unassimilated and antagonistic to our population. This underclass would have a 50 percent dropout rate from high school.
• Enlist big foundations and businesses to give these efforts lots of money. Establish a cult of victimology. Start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population.
• Promote dual citizenship and divided loyalties. Celebrate diversity over unity.
• Make it politically incorrect to discuss anything against the cult of diversity. Use words such as “hate,” “racist” and “xenophobe” to halt debate. Make it impossible to enforce immigration laws. Redefine illegal immigration as immigration and insist that immigration has always been good for America.
Recently U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was ordered to release 68,000 dangerous, illegal aliens. Add to this the open border, the debt and anarchy at the highest levels of government – all of which is destroying this nation, all by a handful of people comparatively.
This is the progressive Democrats’ agenda, with a few progressive Republicans thrown in for good measure.
So what does America look like in the end? Where does this agenda take all of us? I know. Do you?