'Liar' comment insulting

Recently, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid took to the Senate floor and basically called Americans liars by refusing to believe their Obamacare horror stories.

Consider how the health care bill has had numerous problems since it was rolled out, and that the president himself was caught in a deception – or an outright lie, if you want to define it that way (“If you like your health care, you can keep it – period!” “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor – period!”). And Reid has the audacity to call the Americans hurt by the Affordable Care Act liars.

I am sure that when the health care bill was being pushed for passage, there probably were people with horror stories about their insurance companies not covering treatments; not being covered because of pre-existing conditions; or going bankrupt because of health care costs. But I do not seem to recall any political leader getting up on the floor of the Senate or House and calling these people liars.

Apparently for Reid and the Democrats (who most probably never read the bill when it was being considered and voted on), this will be the strategy for the 2014 elections: Call people liars or tools for Republicans if they criticize the health care law and muddy the waters.

Harry Reid is an embarrassment, and is a poster child for term limits.

Do you know when a politician is lying? His mouth is moving.

George Weber

Augusta

corgimom
corgimom 03/20/14 - 11:26 pm
I've read some of those

I've read some of those "horror" stories, and some of them are nonsense. Not all, but some.

Like the girl in Michigan who got two useless degrees, can only find a part time job working at a gym, and whines because she "can't afford" her new insurance. Well, there aren't a lot of opportunities in Port Huron, MI, nobody told her to get useless degrees (one of them was Film, not a lot of call for that in Port Huron) and she can afford it just fine, if she relocates somewhere that isn't severely economically depressed. But she wants what she wants. I say, let her get a 2nd job or move somewhere where she can support herself, and stop whining.

And then there's the Southern woman who said "My health insurance premium is more than my house payment!" Same here. So does that mean that I should feel sorry for myself and blame Obama? No, it was like that before the ACA. Welcome to the club! And on top of that, we have huge medical bills, so no, I don't feel sorry for her. At all.

I, for one, am TIRED of paying for other people's health care because they can't "afford" health insurance- but have plenty of money to do what they wanted to do.

And this country just can't keep on with huge amounts of bankruptcies, half of which are caused by medical costs. That hurts all of us, it hurts the American economy.

For better or worse, it has now become where health insurance can't be voluntary anymore. Everybody gets sick. Everybody has accidents. And because the cost of medical care is so high, we as a society can't keep expecting one segment to pay for everybody else, like we have been. Like those of us who pay taxes.

As for Obama's "deception"- nobody can control what an insurance company does, or what a doctor does. If you believe in free enterprise, then you believe that they have the right to not insure people and for a doctor, not see certain patients.

Truth be known, I think a lot of those doctors used it as a way to drop difficult, unpleasant, noncompliant patients that didn't like to pay their bills. It was a God-sent opportunity, and they took advantage of it. Not all patients are "good" patients. What doctor drops good patients?

I don't think anybody foresaw that insurance companies would drop policyholders, although it makes perfect sense. If anything, he's guilty of not being able to see the future- and I think most of us have that problem.

deestafford
deestafford 03/20/14 - 11:40 pm
Nothing has ever stopped the left from unshamelessly...

Nothing has ever stopped the left from unshamelessly lying about anything that suits its agenda. One of the reasons they don't worry about it is they know the media will never call or challenge them on it.

Don't forget the strength of the Nazi propaganda machine in telling a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. That is the philosophy of the left. Leadership by deception. They know that if they ever told the truth they would never be elected.

Dixieman
Dixieman 03/21/14 - 12:57 am
the liars

are on the left!

owensjef3
owensjef3 03/21/14 - 04:23 am
Nazi, Really? That needs to

Nazi, Really? That needs to stop. The Right are straight shooters , well what is their plan? What is their plan on anything?

swcohen
swcohen 03/21/14 - 04:23 am
Or is it that the Cons can't

Or is it that the Cons can't distinguish their own lies from truth?

Pond Life
Pond Life 03/21/14 - 04:59 am
By cons, you mean the con

By cons, you mean the con artists that are in the White House? The ones that tricked their followers into voting them in twice with "hope and change?" The one's that promised the lie "if you like your insurance you can keep it.....period?"

myfather15
myfather15 03/21/14 - 05:50 am
So, Harry Reid ASSUMES people

So, Harry Reid ASSUMES people are lying about their experiences with the ACA, and he calls them liars; and to the left that is perfectly fine.

Obama ADMITS, his statement was NOT accurate and that MANY PEOPLE, will indeed lose their doctors and insurance coverage; AFTER stating MANY times this would NOT happen!! But this is perfectly Ok???

Are you guys completely bias, or what? I agree that the health industry in general, needs a complete overhaul!! Why do you get charged $10.00-$15.00 for ONE TYLENOL pill in the hospital, when you can by a whole bottle for 7 bucks at the store? Why did I get charged $2,800.00 AFTER insurance part, for something they couldn't diagnose and did nothing to fix? I was having dizzy spells quite frequently about a year ago. Long story short, I went to MCG, neurologists, ear-nose-throat doctors, did numerous tests and after all that, they never determined what was causing it. They issued me meclizine to treat the symtoms, but never told me ANYTHING about what might be causing the symptoms!! Yet, they get paid by insurance AND by me a VERY large amount. At first they thought it was a khari malformation, but the neurologist ruled that out. So basically, I went to them for help, but they provided nothing but a PILL, to treat the symtoms; and got paid hansomely for their "effort".

Yes, I realize doctor's can't diagnose everything; but they sure get paid like they do!! Can anyone tell me why EVERYTHING is so expensive at hospitals? If they provide you with a diaper, after delivery, they charge you $10.00+ for it. Yet, I personally know many nurses at hospitals. They actually order their personal diapers THROUGH the hospital, because they get them MUCH cheaper!! They can get a CASE of diapers, for what we pay for a small box!!

myfather15
myfather15 03/21/14 - 05:52 am
All politicians are liars!!

All politicians are liars!! That's a fact!! But the left has perfected it!! They seem to always get away with it!! When you never get caught, that would appear to be perfection!!

david jennings
david jennings 03/21/14 - 05:55 am
Lots of Liars

I believe I can recognize the truth most of the time, and I don't see any truth coming out of this current administration. It is good to know I don't need to lie, in fact, even if I actually needed to tell a lie the picture of Reid and those of his likeness in my mind assures me I will tell the truth at all cost. Thank You Lord, let integrity and uprightness preserve me.

localguy55
localguy55 03/21/14 - 06:07 am
If you are called to testify

If you are called to testify in front of congress and lie to them, it is a crime. However, when a congressman such as that vile Harry Reid, and the president lie to the American people, there are no consequences what so ever. Something is very wrong with that.

There must be a push to change that aspect of our elected officials. They must be held liable for their actions. If they were, you would see a very different way in which these people govern. And we would not be 16 trillion in debt as well.

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 06:25 am
Obama even lied about his

Obama even lied about his dead mother's health insurance to promote sympathy for the law. None of the press researched the story and it wasn't until somebody researched a book about Obama's mother that the lie was exposed. Contrary to Obama's assertion Obama's mother's health insurance paid very well. Now I didn't hear Reid getting up and calling Obama's fabrication a lie!

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 06:31 am
Corgimom, Obama promised that

Corgimom, Obama promised that the average health insurance premium would decline by an average of $2,500.00/ year. My son's most reasonable plan has a $5,000.00 deductible, but at least his birth pills are free.

Pond Life
Pond Life 03/21/14 - 06:40 am
Sure am glad I have prostate

Sure am glad I have prostate coverage now! What a relief.

Pond Life
Pond Life 03/21/14 - 07:01 am
Nice. You get thumbs down

Nice. You get thumbs down for pointing out the stupid things you are forced to pay for in your insurance due to this idiotic ACA law. Some people support socialism at all costs......as long as those costs are on someone else.

Pond Life
Pond Life 03/21/14 - 07:05 am
"And because the cost of

"And because the cost of medical care is so high, we as a society can't keep expecting one segment to pay for everybody else, like we have been."

Two things about this statement. First, a HUGE number of those that the White House are bragging about "enrolling" in the ACA are new medicaid enrollees. So you are STILL paying for them. Second, has it occurred to you that the reason medical costs are so high is BECAUSE of insurance? The hospitals wouldn't charge as much if they knew people couldn't afford it, but since the insurance companies CAN afford it, they jack up the price. Imagine how high the price will be when the feds with the ability to print more money are the ones paying.

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 07:05 am
"Some people support

"Some people support socialism at all costs " Yes even if it requires selling the honor and integrity of the presidency!

corgimom
corgimom 03/21/14 - 07:09 am
Pond Life, hospital costs are

Pond Life, hospital costs are so high because of the overwhelming number of people that don't pay their bills.

We pay for it, nothing is free. People like you, and me.

Most large insurance companies pay a contractual rate, they don't pay full price.

corgimom
corgimom 03/21/14 - 07:10 am
myfather, whenever a doctor

myfather, whenever a doctor can't diagnose something, it's because you are "under stress."

Like everybody isn't under stress?

corgimom
corgimom 03/21/14 - 07:11 am
I'm ok with people on

It's the ones that "can't afford" insurance- and we get stuck with their bills.

Pond Life
Pond Life 03/21/14 - 07:19 am
"I'm ok with people on

"I'm ok with people on Medicaid, they are poor and they need medical care just like everybody else."

Not true. I have a friend who works seasonal jobs at nuclear power plants. Last year he made over $100k, but when he signed up for the ACA he was placed on medicaid because his CURRENT employment status is "unemployed." He is far from poor. This is part of the reason the medicaid rolls have expanded so.

lovingthesouth72
lovingthesouth72 03/21/14 - 07:55 am
The irony

The irony of the whole thing is that this administration is the one doing all the lying. The whole bill passed with a farse and forced on the American people. From the top down, Obama said "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor". Then all the lies about the number of people registering, and then the lies about the website being safe and the list goes on and on. It's truly psychotic and pathetic how far this administration has gone in deceiving the Americsn people. We have all been hoodwinked. Just remember that when you cast your votes in the future.

deestafford
deestafford 03/21/14 - 08:36 am
Don' forget ACA...

Don't forget ACA was passed by scrapping normal voting procedures in the Senate and juggling the rules in the House. It was not passed under normal procedures.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/21/14 - 09:28 am
corgimom....geez....you say

corgimom....geez....you say you are tired of paying for other people's medical bills but that is EXACTLY what Obamacare is forcing us to do. The VAST MAJORITY of new people who have signed up for Obamacare are getting 100% subsidized insurance or free Medicaid. The TAXPAYERS and the people who LOST their insurance and were forced to sign up for an Obamacare policy at 50% to 300% higher premiums, copays, and deductibles are STILL paying for other peoples health care and we are paying MORE than we were before and we are getting WORSE care and WORSE service than we had before with fewer choices of doctors and hospitals because they WON'T EVEN TAKE THE CRAPPY INSURANCE WE ARE BEING FORCED TO BUY AT HIGHER RATES. The CBO has already admitted that this is going to cost us closer to $2 Trillion dollars of additional federal debt instead of the Democrat forecast of $900 billion and EVERY middle class working family that HAD insurance is now paying MORE for their insurance with a worse selection of doctors and hospitals. How can you possibly support this as a good thing for the average middle class family? NO middle class working family that I know personally is saying that they like or are better off under the UN-Affordable Care Act and most of them fear for the health of their family because of the limited number of mostly lower rung doctors and hospitals available under their higher cost plan.

Since you are about the only one I see on here who is vehemently defending Obamacare I must assume that you are arguing your political ideology instead of the reality that most people are seeing in their insurance bills and payroll deductions and the old folks are seeing in their Medicare program reductions. And NOBODY is even addressing the $2 Trillion dollars of additional DEBT over the next 10 years from this single "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" fiasco. And nobody is talking about the fact that even the Democrats know Obamacare is SO BAD that they have stampeded to DELAY virtually ALL of the requirements of Obamacare until AFTER THE 2014 and 2016 elections. THEY KNOW IT IS A DISASTER FOR MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES. Which, oh by the way, means that that $2 Trillion dollars of projected additional debt is growing exponentially because the projected REVENUES are now DELAYED but we are still paying the SUBSIDIES and free MEDICAID for all of the freebie leeches that got health insurance for free on THE BACKS OF THE WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.

And you ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until you see the rates for those Obamacare policies NEXT YEAR. Of course, the usual suspects aren't worried because they get theirs FREE. But you poor MIDDLE CLASS WORKING SCHNOOKS are in for a shock. The lower enrollment numbers and the lack of young healthy enrollees is DEFINITELY going to show up in your NEXT YEAR'S PREMIUMS. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/21/14 - 09:50 am
What's the big deal?

What's the big deal? Presidents set standards and influence our culture too-like remember when oral sex was actually sex-but no more cause you can't get pregnant. So the world "liar" really is no biggie-really means nothing cause everyone is a liar so it is neutral by todays standards. Gosh I remember whey "gay" meant being happy-in fact most of my life it meant happy. Happy, happy, happy. Obama love to play semantic word games like change "flip-flopper" to "evolve" like it makes it more mysterious or correct somehow-what an idiot.

willie68
willie68 03/21/14 - 10:13 am
Harry Reed has nothing on Obama

Obama can give ole' Harry the eight and the brake. Obama reminds me of a wild west "snake oil" salesman............but he just lies more.

Obama is not only the biggest liar ever in the White House, he is also the weakest. Putin steals his lunch money everyday and Obama is about to make Jimmy Carter look like Harry Truman.

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 11:06 am
Corgimom part of the

Corgimom part of the increasing cost of health care is regulations. Obama care mandates computerized medical records. Computerized medical records do not reduce cost ,as Obama told us (imagine that) . The amount of time required to enter the data is causing Doctors to hire transcriptionist to do data entering. So it doesn't reduces costs, is required and the costs of installation , ancillary personal with decreased physician productivity. I can go on for hours about mandated bull excremental that adds nothing to patient care but increases costs.

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 11:31 am
Now here is an analogy .

Now here is an analogy . Suppose I decide plumbers and pipe fitters would be more efficient and productive if they used only PVC pipe. So I pass laws restricting plumbing be only done with PVC. I don't understand water pressures, steam pressures in hot water systems , high rise building requirements.... You get the point. The ARROGANT JERKS IN WASHINGTON THINK THEY KNOW HOW BETTER TO PRACTICE MEDICINE THAN THE PEOPLE ACTUALLY DOING IT! Sorta like me telling plumbers and pipe fitters how to do their job. One hundred percent garbage and that is what we have with Obama care. AND THE LAW OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 11:33 am
When I did hand written

When I did hand written anesthesia records I would have 3 pages for 3 hours. Our computer record produces 9 pages for 3 hours. Saving money?

carcraft
carcraft 03/21/14 - 12:06 pm
Corgimom , you complain

Corgimom , you complain about having to pay others hospital bills? Well of you are young, you now have higher premiums so you can pay the premiums of older sicker people! Now these young people are the newly married, just starting out fighting for dollars to pay loans, etc and now they are subsidizing prisms for the elderly and sicker patient . Sounds good to me.