Nation's future bleak

We are the laughingstock of the world.

We have a weak, all-talk-and-no-action, empty-suit President. We have an even weaker Congress. In five years of this administration, it has done nothing to boost our economy except pass legislation for “green energy” that has cost us billions given to Solyndra and other corporations who have then declared bankruptcy.

We’ve given billions to failing Detroit automakers, and General Motors knows that it will never pay us back. We’ve done nothing substantial to create jobs for our middle-class and blue-collar workers. Finally we have the “Affordable” Care Act – Obamacare – that is on the verge of being defunct!

Our president has drawn “red lines in the sand” in the Middle East that have been trampled upon, and we do nothing but talk. Now we have Iran, North Korea, Syria and even Russia making moves against us, and we do nothing!

Our president lives in a fantasy land, along with Vice President Joe Biden, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin and our old-guard Republicans in name only.

Our future looks very bleak.

William Zimmerman

Hephzibah

carcraft
carcraft 03/09/14 - 05:53 am
All true Mr. Zimmerman!!

All true Mr. Zimmerman!!

localguy55
localguy55 03/09/14 - 07:47 am
What can be done at this

What can be done at this point? You have Millions of Northeastern liberals, west coast big government moochers, and the remainder of these types of people scattered throughout our nation that just don't get it.

We are living George Orwell's 1984 with the Richard Condon's Manchurian Candidate as president. Of coarse, learned people know these authors and their books and the parallels drawn.

For you low information people, try educating yourself on these books, then pick up the Communist Manifesto and learn a little about the destructive affects of collectivism. But I doubt any of you will because it would be quite an intellectual task to come face to face with the historical fact that collectivism, (the redistribution of wealth) has never ever worked anywhere on earth. . . . . EVER !!!

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 03/09/14 - 07:49 am
Auto bailout approved December 2008. Inauguration 1/1/2009

The overall losses on the auto bailout are $10.5 on GM, and $1.2 billion on Chrysler. The alternative, however, would have been the loss of 1.88 million jobs and the loss of $39.4 billion in federal and state revenue plus state and federal jobless benefits if just GM had gone under. If the "big three" had shut down, the losses would have been 4.15 million jobs and a total of $105.3 billion in lost revenues and benefits paid out. (Center for Automotive Research) One of the few times Bush's advisors gave him the right advise. From blaming the auto bailout on Obama, when he wan't even President yet to claiming every action in the world is "against us", Mr. Zimmerman's monthly rantings again demonstate he has no clue what goes on in the real world. If you'd like to update your passport and go fight in the streets of Iran, North Korea, Syria or even Russia, you're more than welcome Mr. Zimmerman. Notice the "update your passport" portion of the previous statement. That would be necessary because it's not "us". They are foreign countries. You probably won't be welcomed, nor will you have the freedom to speak against the government like you do in your monthly rantings to the paper. This, my dear sir, is proof that you live in a free country, and no matter how much you put it down by passing on what you hear from the rapid right wing talking heads, we always will be free. Also be thankful that we now have an administration that doesn't shoot first and ask questions later. like our last. I'm sure you've complained about the debt we're still ringing up from those follies. It's time to let diplomacy take center stage and leave those with monetary interests in the war machine, those that want to go to war at the drop of hat, and brain dead 1/2 term governors on the sidelines and let the grown ups run the show.

edcushman
edcushman 03/09/14 - 08:10 am
bod that is a bunch of horse

bod that is a bunch of horse manure. They would have gone through normal bankruptcy which they did anyway. Ford did not take the bailout and they did fine. What the bailout did accomplish was saving the union's pension plan and screwed the bond holders.

localguy55
localguy55 03/09/14 - 09:00 am
Bod

when you refer to gown ups running the show, you mean that brain dead 1/2 term Senator, Obama the former community organizer who did drugs, and never had a job in his life, but now occupies the White House ? ? ? Or perhaps that brain dead, Neville Chamberlain clone, John Kerry Secretary of State, that served in Vietnam, married into money, and threw his service medals over the white house fence, or that former (RINO) Chuck Hagel, secretary of Defense who doesn't see anything wrong with the gutting of our military.

Is this your definition of grown ups?????

harley_52
harley_52 03/09/14 - 09:08 am
"...and threw his service medals over the white house fence..."

Actually, he wasn't even honest enough to throw his own medals over the fence. He borrowed medals from somebody else and kept his own, though his contemporaries deny he should have received some of them in the first place.

In my opinion, John Kerry stands right alongside Jane Fonda in the hall of shame from the Vietnam war.

harley_52
harley_52 03/09/14 - 09:17 am
Good Letter....

...from my old friend and golfing buddy, Bill Zimmerman. I don't see the U.S. as a lost cause YET, but leave the democrats in charge for a few more years and the damage will be irreversible, if it isn't already.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/09/14 - 10:14 am
Kerry.....yep, I always

Kerry.....yep, I always thought of him in the same manner as I do Jane Fonda.

He thinks he will be president one day. But what is up with that face? He needs to get a refund from that plastic surgeon. He was a little droopy eyed before but now he looks like somebody beat him with an ugly stick. I've seen broken nosed punchy old boxers that looked better.

carcraft
carcraft 03/09/14 - 10:32 am
Kerry's little yachting

Kerry's little yachting manuvers are a classical case of liberal hypocrisy.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 03/09/14 - 11:03 am
While I agree ...

….with Mr. Zimmerman's general assessment of "Our Dear Ruler" and his cohorts in government…I'm more concerned with the sort of thinking that leads people to vote for these morons in the first place..

…What's obvious to me is that we HAVE indeed reached a tipping point where the un-informed, low information citizen would rather count on largesse from the Imperial Federal Government,and has been brainwashed into believing this is preferable to making one's own way…

,,Mores the pity…Unlike some here I am NOT optimistic about this country's chances of reversing this trend...

It's not the fool who is to blame….it's those who voted for the fool that are the problem…

An old "Reaganism" says…"It's not that our liberal friends don't know anything, it's just that so much of what they know is wrong"…

America is indeed doomed…..and it's not the fault of the right….

KSL
KSL 03/09/14 - 11:59 am
Bod, you have a faulty assumtion there.

That is, that none of the workers who may have lost their jobs would have been able to find other work. And you also assume that the plants would have closed up rather than reorganizing.

deestafford
deestafford 03/09/14 - 01:10 pm
Well done letter...

Well done letter.

Let's not forget the number of automobile dealers that Obama put out of business. Some of whom had been in business for generations. It's also a strange coincidence that the majority of those who were forced out of business were Republican donors.

I read the other day that a young, ignorant, no experience representative from the Obama administration met with the executives of the auto companies when they were under the thumb of the government. One of these executives was the CEO and had over thirty years experience in the industry and had a degree in mechanical engineering. When the young know-it-all was explaining that the company needed to make cars with batteries and able to run on natural gas for that was the wave of the future.

The CEO told the government rep that because of the Law of Physics the batteries needed would fill the trunk and the gas storage would fill the entire vehicle. The ignorant one then asked, "Who wrote that Law of Physics? Was it the Congress? We can get all that law changed because the President wants this done."

That folks is the type of people making policy for our government.

Obama's initial cabinet and principle appointments had only 8% with previous business experience. It's probably lower now. To give an idea of how that compares to previous presidents: Ike 58%; JFK 28%; FDR 50%; Hoover 40%; LBJ 46%; Nixon 53%; Reagan 56%; Carter 31%; Clinton 35%; GHW Bush 53%; GW Bush 53%; and Taft 38%.

Not only is Obama personally ignorant of economics and business, his appointments are also.

If one could stand on a ladder of history, one would look back with chest-swelling pride at where America has come since its Founding; then, one could turn and look toward its future with tears would running down the cheeks in trepidation.

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/09/14 - 01:35 pm
I can't quit laughing at Bod

I can't quit laughing at Bod to reply. I'm in tears. Diplomacy center stage-boy talk about a belief in a myth. And people say a belief in God is delusional. Jeepers. When we have gay marriage and the un-infringed right to arms we can start talking about freedom, but giving one group freedom and then suppressing others will never produce "free".

KSL
KSL 03/09/14 - 02:11 pm
Bod, I admit I don't closely read your posts

I know pretty much what you are going to say. I was curious at biz's comment. I see what he is talking about.

Your suggestion that the letter writer, who is complaining about the deteriorating freedoms in our country, move to one of those countries, is asinine.

Young Fred
20652
Young Fred 03/09/14 - 03:13 pm
Master zimm

I kinda-sorta disagree with you just a wee bit.

Which is tough, because I agree with most everything you say! I guess the only thing I disagree with ... well, I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel. I have faith. Even though I found myself surrounded by simpletons and fools, I can see a glimmer of hope! Self preservation is an amazing thing! Never ever underestimate the common man or women. You may think they're ready to embrace big brother, then they turn around and raise cane!

edcushman
edcushman 03/09/14 - 03:27 pm
"Even though I found myself

"Even though I found myself surrounded by simpletons and fools, I can see a glimmer of hope!"
I agree with that statement. But it is just a glimmer of hope. Any country that would elect such a person as Obama as president has serious problems.

edcushman
edcushman 03/09/14 - 03:37 pm
" I can't quit laughing at

" I can't quit laughing at Bod to reply. I'm in tears."
Bizkit, the real sad part is bod and many more like him/her really BELIEVE that horse manure. I don't know what their problem is, brainwashed, uninformed, uneducated it is hard to tell.

carcraft
carcraft 03/09/14 - 03:47 pm
Bod what a scream " An

Bod what a scream " An administration that doesn't shoot first and ask question later " I suppose you are referring to weapons of war and not mouths correct? If Obama could just control shooting off his mouth ... Of course that statement would also be true if we didn't count Obama's most excellent Libyian adventure!

KSL
KSL 03/09/14 - 03:57 pm
Or the 2 Americans killed by

Or the 2 Americans killed by drones.

KSL
KSL 03/09/14 - 10:41 pm
Just read an article about

Just read an article about those drone kills. There were other weapons involved and many, many more people killed during that time, in Yemen. Soooo, Obama is not any better, and the dems are no better than the Repblicans who got criticized for the same antics. Actually, Obama has taken just about everything tgat Bush was criticized for to way higher levels, excepting keeping us as a country able to defend ourselves and providing an environment for people to Earn a living.

KSL
KSL 03/09/14 - 11:04 pm
Directed at thumbs downers

The truth hurts, doesn't it? You cannot rebut my point, because you can't. You either have no knowledge of a source or because you don't know how.

Or you don't care whether I am right or wrong, you just don't like me, no matter what I say.

Ever been to a decent school where people are free to exchange differeing opinions, ideas, and facts?

Not unlike the claims from many when we criticize Obama.

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/10/14 - 06:43 pm
This should read "Nations

This should read "Nations future-broke".

speakout77
speakout77 03/12/14 - 01:12 am
America is the richest country in the world!

America has an abundance of natural resources to be self sufficient without borrowing from China. Why aren't we producing oil and gas? Why aren't we reducing taxes on the middle class? Why aren't we providing an educational system that will ensure graduates from high school who do not have the capability or desire to go to college, a path to a career in manufacturing or the service industry? Why are we allowing those who are of sound mind and body to remain on public assistance for more than three month? Why are we allowing unwed mothers to receive government money to raise their children, when the biological parents have no responsibility? The American people must elect responsible representative who will give states the right to educate students, decide how to deal with welfare and bring jobs to its citizens. The federal government was to have "limited" authority. Give the power back to the states. Hopefully, we would have less corruption and waste of tax payers monies.