Must you be radical?

Misinformation, bias and outright lies are your editorial trade. The fantastically warped editorial on the Affordable Care Act (“Taking Obamacare out for a spin,” Feb. 7) is beyond critical analysis.

As I have said repeatedly, you have no conception of balance. And you now have found more right-wing columnists in Editorial Writer Damon Cline and syndicated columnist Susan Stamper Brown. The hatred spewed by Michelle Malkin and Cal Thomas defies belief. Is Charles Krauthammer a must every week?

It is not possible for you to publish some columnists other than radical, extreme Obama-haters? It would be most welcome for us who are neither Tea Partiers nor Republicans.

Your inflammatory editorials continue to arouse only anger and animosity toward The Augusta Chronicle and Editorial Page Editor Michael Ryan in particular.

I realize this is only a partial list, but perhaps any of these might be a consideration for your editorial planning.

Donald Brauer

North Augusta, S.C.

iaaffg
iaaffg 02/23/14 - 08:20 am
wah, wah, wah, wah! this

wah, wah, wah, wah! this letter is a great example of sniveling drivel! thanks, AC!

carcraft
carcraft 02/23/14 - 08:55 am
Pretty funny! Liberals

Pretty funny! Liberals question why Republicans don't want to compromise and deal with them? I think the writer, in the second to last sentance, is even more biased and opinionated than he accuses ACES of being! I have called this trend, to excuse liberal excesses while slamming conservatives for the same offense, LIBERAL HYPOCRISY!

ymnbde
ymnbde 02/23/14 - 09:15 am
plus, they're anti-condensation!

everyone knows that if both Bushes weren't in the pockets of
the coaster industry
condensation would have been eliminated years ago
no more sweaty sweet tea glasses for you!
geez dude... you need a road trip to Colorado

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/23/14 - 09:25 am
"Here’s a list of Republican

"Here’s a list of Republican issues: anti-women, anti-education, anti-gay, anti-the poor, anti-minorities, anti-immigration, anti-science, anti-government, anti-minimum wage, anti-sensible gun control."

Some how Mr. Brauer has been misinformed.

deestafford
deestafford 02/23/14 - 09:59 am
This has got to be a joke letter. Please tell me..

This has got to be a joke letter. Please tell me there are not people who are this ignorant of issues and are so closed minded to think all of those things.

This type of thinking--really lack of---is what made the propagandaerist's job so easy in Hitler's Germany.

Talk about a skull full of mush!

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 10:41 am
"geez dude... you need a road

"geez dude... you need a road trip to Colorado"
sounds like he already had enough

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/23/14 - 11:06 am
And here is a list of

And here is a list of Democrat issues: SOCIALISM, DICTATORIAL BIG GOVERNMENT

Failed everywhere it has been tried. Currently failing in Venezuela. Currently failing in Ukraine. Apparently the Democrats will not be satisfied until WE go into the streets and draw blood to regain our personal and economic freedoms.

carcraft
carcraft 02/23/14 - 11:52 am
I thank ACES for publishing

I thank ACES for publishing the letter! It is unbelievable what some people think?

stuaby
stuaby 02/23/14 - 12:09 pm
Stage 4 Left-wing madness, on

This letter is Stage 4 left-wing madness, on display.

[No, Sean M. Don't! No! Nooooooo!]

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 02/23/14 - 12:36 pm
Tip for Mr. Brauer.... This

Tip for Mr. Brauer....

This will help lower your BP (and intelligence quotient)

BuBye Now!

localguy55
localguy55 02/23/14 - 12:58 pm
Mr. Brauer

Mr. Brauer,

There is always MSNBC for your fill of pro-Obama, pro Obama administration psychobabble. True, there are a lot of Anti-Obama Letters to the Editor and Columns, thank goodness.

The rhetoric could have a little embellishment to it, but it's like someone describing a horrific car crash where there are fatalities. Anyone doing that will add their own spin, but that does not mean it takes away from the facts. It just adds emotional color to the story. The facts will stand on their own. . .

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/23/14 - 01:13 pm
just to play Devil's advocate

The Chronicle's columnists are pretty FAR right. I mean it's one thing to be a Republican and to blast Obama for his absolutely horrible policies and inept administration but to just flat out twist certain things up to make your column have "shock" value is really not necessary.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 02/23/14 - 02:50 pm
Follow with me... I'll type

Follow with me... I'll type real S L O W !

E D I T O R I A L
P A G E

O P I N I O N

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 03:18 pm
I mean it's one thing to be a

shrimp, what the racist America hating man in the Whitehouse is doing is very 'shocking'.

Steve62351
Steve62351 02/23/14 - 04:08 pm
Results and Policy, not the Man

It's hurtful but insightful to read Mr. Brauer's letter. His letter shows a high level of anger and pain about what he feels is happening in the Country as a whole and around our community. Many of us also feel intense anger and pain from the results of policies enacted and carried-out by our local, state, and federal governments. I say hurtful because Mr. Brauer feels many people are Obama haters, I don't. I see many of us hating the results of government policies. We aren't anti-government , we want government, a government that encourages everyone to take responsibility for their own lives, a government that promotes equal treatment, NOT a government that requires or mandates equal outcomes for everyone. I've seen plenty of people all over the CSRA who have figured-out how to "game the government system" to allow them to live without gainful employment. I've talked with local business owners and store managers who say they have trouble finding people to hire that can pass a drug screen and are willing to show-up to work on time and on a regular basis. So, many of us aren't Obama haters, we hate the government policies that are being promoted, NOT the man Mr. Obama. The president has pushed for government actions that have hurt many Americans, so yes, we don't like that. But it's the policies NOT the man we don't like.

jimmymac
jimmymac 02/23/14 - 04:24 pm
MR> BRAUER

Delusional! That is the only word I can think of in response to your letter. You sir have definitely drank the dem Kool-Aid. Your head must explode on a regular basis when you hear opposing opinions and I suggest you just read NYT and Huffington for your info, It will help you save your self from so much anger.

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 04:49 pm
"It's hurtful but insightful

"It's hurtful but insightful to read Mr. Brauer's letter."
Steve, I agree that it is insightful but I no longer find it hurtful. I find IT VERY SAD that so many on the left believe the lies that are being spread by the democrats, the main stream media and black leaders.

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 04:51 pm
" But it's the policies NOT

" But it's the policies NOT the man we don't like."
Steve, I hate his politics but I dislike Obama as person. I have a strong dislike of LIARS.

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 05:55 pm
The following tape shows

The following tape shows where we are today that was created by the Great Society, democrats and black leaders.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 02/23/14 - 07:16 pm
Mr. Brauer makes some valid

Mr. Brauer makes some valid points. It has been several days since I have posted comments on this paper because I have spent more time reading other papers where there are more diverse opinions on national issues. Of late, save for the local news, I have been weighing whether to continue to pay for a subscription that does not offer more diversity of thought. Even the AJC which most consider a very liberal paper has an editorial cartoon from the conservative perspective, in addition to a line-up of conservative columnists (and I don't mean just guest columnists.)

Several months ago the Chronicle asked the readership what it could do to improve. This reader is still waiting, but won't wait forever.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 02/23/14 - 07:19 pm
In response to the LTE, I

In response to the LTE, I hope the AC speaks up and not let the posters on this page speak for you because judging from the comments here, they have all but said, "Get lost."

stuaby
stuaby 02/23/14 - 07:26 pm
"Mr. Brauer makes some valid

"Mr. Brauer makes some valid points."

What would those be?

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 08:50 pm
"Mr. Brauer makes some valid

"Mr. Brauer makes some valid points."
What would those be?"
stuaby, Brauer's letter is a good example of how far left the left has moved. Marxists and communists have taken over the democrat party and it seems that most of their follows agree especially the black community.

stuaby
stuaby 02/23/14 - 08:59 pm
@teaparty

"Marxists and communists have taken over the democrat party and it seems that most of their follows agree especially the black community."

Indeed.

Do you envision the situation righting itself, going forward?

I do not...as much as I hate to say it.

How many people do you know, with 6 figure household incomes, who gripe about how unjust this country is?

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 09:23 pm
"Do you envision the

"Do you envision the situation righting itself, going forward?
I do not...as much as I hate to say it."
The moochers and the ignorant voters outnumber the working folks. A country that would put such an America hating racist communist in the Whitehouse will not survive.

teaparty
teaparty 02/23/14 - 09:28 pm
"Do you envision the

"Do you envision the situation righting itself, going forward?
I do not...as much as I hate to say it."

stuaby
stuaby 02/23/14 - 09:47 pm
"The moochers and the

"The moochers and the ignorant voters outnumber the working folks."

Tocqueville foresaw this all the way back in 1831 in his excellent work, "Democracy in America".

corgimom
corgimom 02/24/14 - 12:45 am
The GOP would do well to read

The GOP would do well to read Mr. Brauer's letter.

Why does Mr. Brauer think that way? Because of the strategies used by the GOP- which has failed miserably. Yes, this is exactly how the GOP has portrayed themselves. And that is why people have deserted the Republican party- it's not so much that they have become Democrats, as much as they don't think of themselves in the way that the GOP portrays a Republican.

But I have a news flash- there are plenty of working folks that aren't Republican. And it's comments just like this "The moochers and the ignorant voters outnumber the working folks" that continue to turn people against the Republicans.

Despite what many people think, the "moochers" are hard-working people. Many of them lost their jobs through no fault of their own, and are unable to find another job.

And spare me the fast-food myth- fast food restaurants don't hire everybody, and they have all the workers that they need. If they needed workers, they'd say so. They don't.

corgimom
corgimom 02/24/14 - 12:48 am
And what Truth Matters said-

And what Truth Matters said- I hope the AC takes notice.

The AC has become dangerously close to being a caricature by their lack of balance and diversity.

stuaby