Slanted puffery continues

In a Jan. 16 liberal Associated Press story, we are treated to another Democrat/socialist propaganda piece disguised as a “news story” so that no journalist or reader sees it for what it is.

It begins about AP’s fellow liberal, President Obama: “Raleigh, N.C. – Making good on a promise about creating jobs ... ”

After all the promises Obama broke about health care, AP has the gall to talk about how honest and promise-keeping Obama is – knowing no editor would ever complain.

Obama also has said, “If you like your (health insurance) plan, you can keep your plan.” “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.” (Both mostly not true.) He also said that Obamacare’s cost would be $900 billion over 10 years (real cost: $1.8 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget office).

On Nov. 17, as everyone else saw Obamacare falling apart, AP attempted to smooth things over for a fellow Democrat by writing, “President Obama’s health-care law risks coming unglued because of his administration’s bungles and his own inflated promises.” Notice, Obama didn’t tell any untruths, and didn’t make any mistakes – it was his “administration’s bungles,” according to AP, that is. And AP’s point of view rules, with its 215 million potential readers, and it steamrolls the truth. The truth has no such wide circulation, thanks to AP’s virtual monopoly.

This just in: AP’s fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton won in 2016. Oh, wait, it’s only 2014, and in a journalism dictatorship, you’re not supposed to congratulate “The Party’s” Democratic winner until all of AP’s 300 pro-Democrat pieces – I mean, “news stories” – have been run. That is, until all the media-controlled votes have been counted.

The first such AP “news story” about a fellow liberal presidential candidate was Jan. 11, when Hillary Clinton said she wanted to “empower women.” No one noticed that the story had no criticisms, and no one will notice when the Republican candidate has 300 all-negative AP stories, at which time AP’s headline will read, “Voters to decide next election” – meaning you voted Obama in, not AP.

On Jan. 9, in a story on 29-degree-below-zero weather in Michigan, AP got in a global warming pitch when it noted: “As the climate has warmed, the absence of bitter cold has actually been damaging.” Stories such as that are bringing down the engines of free enterprise – AP’s goal – as our commerce puts democracy ahead of AP’s beloved one-world socialism.

Tom Hunter

Augusta

Comments (24)

corgimom
19236
corgimom 02/10/14 - 11:52 pm

Oh boy, is it a full moon or

Oh boy, is it a full moon or something?

So how did Republican candidates become President, with the AP around?

And the climate HAS warmed- that's a proven fact- so what was the AP supposed to do? Lie?

Bringing down the engines of free enterprise? Wow.

"Print media need to free themselves from this virtual information monopoly that controls the populace and has turned the media landscape into a dictatorship that not even newspapers dare to offend."

Tom Hunter doesn't have the right to tell me, or anybody else, what I should or should not read, and what I should or should not think. He is so concerned about "dictatorship", well, I have a problem with his wanting to censor what people read. Why would he ever think that he has the right to tell people what they should believe or read?

Or does he not believe in freedom of the press?

corgimom
19236
corgimom 02/10/14 - 11:56 pm

I read that AP story about

I read that AP story about the Michigan cold. And the sentence " As the climate has warmed, the absence of bitter cold has actually been damaging." then led into some very interesting facts about the insects and plants that have been affected by the lack of cold IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS.

Why anybody would take issue with that, is totally beyond me.

deestafford
deestafford 02/11/14 - 01:27 am

Instead of the media fulfilling its role as a...

Instead of the media fulfilling its role as a watch dog, it has become a lap dog for Obama, the left, and many local folks stroke it saying, "Nice doggy. Nice doggy."

carcraft
20671
carcraft 02/11/14 - 06:52 am

With out getting into global

With out getting into global warming to much their are two things that should be noted. There was 1 degree warming over about 100 year's. There has been no increase in temp over the last 16 years. Despite Obama's claim that it has increased faster than expected! The other point is that actual earth temperature falls below what all of the "scientific computer models " predicted. The actual stabilization of the temperature of the earth now falls outside the probability predictions of the modelss!

Now explain to me why the press didn't bring up Obama's statement about the earth warming faster over the last 10 . The press didn't cover the congressional hearing on global warming where climate "scientists " were directly asked about the veracity of Obama's statement and not one would confirm the statement.

GEORGIA has had two coal fired plants close, the coal industry has lost jobs and regulations are coming out of DC faster than Hudson Bolt out of the starting blocks! All based on global warming science and the lies the press covers up or promulgates!

ymnbde
ymnbde 02/11/14 - 07:08 am

AP is part of the "vanguard elite" that Lenin organized around

our education system is controlled by that "vanguard elite" and we're giving it even more power, even as they fail pitifully
there is only one national media outlet that even acknowledges the antiquated act of speaking truth to power
and they only give lip service... almost like the villain in wrestling
or the washington generals losing to the globetrotters every night
all the tv media, and almost all the print media, certainly all the big city print media, are for big government, and their stories are slanted in that manner
and the flood of bias has drowned objectivity and common sense in many people

localguy55
localguy55 02/11/14 - 08:09 am

Corimom

FYI Ms. Corimom, Tom Hunter does have the right to speak and be published just as you have the right to believe liberal lies and propaganda spewed out by leftest media. The only difference is Tom points out the obvious. You can either hang your head and admit it or you can continue to believe low information.

Pond Life
Pond Life 02/11/14 - 08:34 am

Corgi...the AP isn't supposed

Corgi...the AP isn't supposed to lie.....they are supposed to report the truth...that global temperature has NOT risen in 17 years.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/11/14 - 08:41 am

sorry corgi

He is right on this

It is sickening now....tv too. btw both sides try to outdo each other.

Pond Life
Pond Life 02/11/14 - 08:44 am

"Tom Hunter doesn't have the

"Tom Hunter doesn't have the right to tell me, or anybody else, what I should or should not read, and what I should or should not think. "

So Mr. Hunter doesn't have any first amendment rights? Who knew? I guess he can only tell you what you want to hear.

Bizkit
21916
Bizkit 02/11/14 - 09:10 am

Scientist have been measuring

Scientist have been measuring the earth's temperature for a long time, but not the same way so many comparisons probably aren't valid. But scientist say the earth is warming, which is a good bet, because it has experienced global warming before as lots of ice ages and mini-ice ages. The problem with this warming period is the wheels are set in motion and there is really nothing to do-because it will take decades to hundreds of years for any change to take affect. So the scientists say=but scientist are often wrong-actually mostly wrong=hence the slow progress of science. We publish papers on a topic and find completely different results or non-repeatable results and finally we sort it out till the next studies.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/11/14 - 09:55 am

"And the climate HAS

"And the climate HAS warmed"

As it has in the past and as it will in the future. It has warmed and cooled since the beginning of time. It's a natural cycle, not man-made. It is a convenient "everybody panic" story for the greenie weenies who were telling us we were all going to freeze back in the 70's.

Oh...it's getting colder.....Oh.....it's getting warmer.....Oh..it's just right.

localguy55
localguy55 02/11/14 - 10:07 am

Bizkit is right. The computer

Bizkit is right. The computer models set up by these "climatologist" as they call themselves, are more wrong than not. Yet, there will be no publishing of the failures and therefore the public is never privy to the ratio of positive to negative results these experiments show. If this were known, the public would more than likely have a less than favorable opinion of these so-called "learned" people.

Look to the manipulations of data that occurred at the University of East Angelia in the UK. It goes without saying that if their data was so accurate there would have been no need of such tampering of the results. Yet the beat goes on in such places as the Nation Geographic and History channel. Just like a hit and run driver who knows he has made a bad mistake and yet he continues to drive as if nothing is wrong.

Little Old Lady
Little Old Lady 02/11/14 - 10:14 am

Ice Age

I remember in the 70s scientists were warning us about the coming Ice Age. Then they switched sides and claimed Global Warming, then they said it is Climate Change. Climate has been changing for millions of years.

We are in a warming period between ice ages. I hope the earth continues to warm while I am on it. Those species who can adapt will survive, the others...............

Bizkit
21916
Bizkit 02/11/14 - 11:38 am

When Yellowstone

When Yellowstone super-volcano goes it won't really matter for all of US (we will all be vaporized), but elsewhere it could have a cooling effect which may help negate the warming. Always a silver lining eh Biz.

Bizkit
21916
Bizkit 02/11/14 - 11:42 am

Models are great, and can

Models are great, and can have great predictive powers, except for chaotic events. Evolution models do the same and are predictive except because of chaotic events you can't really predict (a thirty year study of Darwin's finches on the Galapagos demonstrated that). That's the thing about nature things change rapidly. I wager weather predicting is right 70-80% of time, but remember you have a 50/50 chance of just guessing.

Kos

(7)Baltimore,Maryland
(8)Cleveland,Ohio
(9)Atlanta,GA
(10)Milwaukee,Wisconsin

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 02/11/14 - 06:01 pm

I welcome climate change...

I welcome climate change... when it's COLD, I want the climate to change to warm, and when its HOT, I want the climate to change to cool.

Any questions?

Bizkit
21916
Bizkit 02/11/14 - 06:31 pm

I think I ate a "slanted

I think I ate a "slanted puffery" at a sushi bar one time. It was called the "Jaded" Dragon.

teaparty
teaparty 02/11/14 - 06:46 pm

Kos, I bet I can guess who

Kos, I bet I can guess who runs those cities.

stuaby
stuaby 02/11/14 - 09:22 pm

@CORGIMOM

Thus saith corgimom: "Tom Hunter doesn't have the right to tell me, or anybody else, what I should or should not read, and what I should or should not think."

...

Now, where exactly in his letter, Corgimom, is Tom Hunter suggesting that he has the right to determine what anybody reads or thinks? I read every sentence and I don't see this. Not only that, but it's not even implied. Moreover, I just responded to your post on the LTTE entitled "Morals are under siege", in which you did the same thing. You defended news station's "rights" that weren't even being attacked.

At this point, Corgimom, I'm starting to wonder about you. I'm trying to be careful in saying this, because somebody will sic Sean Moores on me if I were to say what I'm really thinking here.

Is there anything that you'd like to share with the audience here about yourself?

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 02/12/14 - 02:05 am

Stuaby, most all of us that

Stuaby, most all of us that post on here figured out Corgimom a loooonnnng time ago!

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 02/12/14 - 02:08 am

It's quite amusing hearing

It's quite amusing hearing most of her comments. This will teach you how most liberals think.

stuaby
stuaby 02/12/14 - 11:49 am

@Bubbasauce

It makes my head explode. I guess it's going to take me some time to get used to it.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 02/12/14 - 01:57 pm

I find it amazing how many

I find it amazing how many anti-ACA posters believe the CBO when it is convenient to do so. Just last week the CBO issued a report that "The new health law is projected to reduce the total number of hours Americans work by the equivalent of 2.3 million full-time jobs in 2021." WSJ. Conservatives, including the ACES turned the report on its head.
I wonder if Mr. Hunter believed THAT report. Not the translation made up by GOP, conservative pundits and the Fox News folks.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/12/14 - 03:12 pm

TruthMatters quoted the CBO:

TruthMatters quoted the CBO: "The new health law is projected to reduce the total number of hours Americans work by the equivalent of 2.3 million full-time jobs in 2021."

Help me out here. You found something positive for Obamacare in THAT statement?

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.