Obama is a poor leader

I feel compelled to express my annoyance with President Obama’s State of the Union address.

Watching the Democrats clap when Obama threatened to bypass Congress if they didn’t do what he wanted reminded me of a bunch of clapping wind-up dolls.

The puppet master led his dog-and-pony show with his usual expertise in blather. After watching his pathetic attempt to mesmerize the crowds yet again, I feel that all have missed what is really going on.

Obama is guilty of the crime of omission. He used a few pawns to push his socialist agenda. The manipulator-in-chief acknowledged one woman who lost her job, which he thinks justifies raising the minimum wage – but he, of course, omitted the fact that it was because of his leadership that 50 million people are now unemployed.

The next woman mentioned had an operation for a pre-existing condition under Obamacare – but no mention was given to the 5 million people who lost their health-care insurance because of his plan.

When he brought up being the top country in the solar industry, he omitted the fact that he spent millions of taxpayer dollars on companies that went bankrupt.

As an independent voter and a 100-percent disabled Marine veteran of Vietnam, I should point out another despicable act that Obama committed that is just morally wrong. He used a disfigured Army sergeant to ingratiate himself to veterans – as if Obama really cared. On two occasions he went before the public threatening the continuation of veterans’ current compensation checks if Congress didn’t raise the debt ceiling.

Obama is not honest, nor is he a good leader. He is someone who will use every dirty trick in the book to get what he wants.

Gregory J. Topliff

Warrenville, S.C.

allhans
allhans 02/01/14 - 03:23 pm
I don't see Obama as a "poor

I don't see Obama as a "poor leader" but rather a non-leader. Of course, he has his wife to lead him around so perhaps I should give him some credit for never having the chance to learn.

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 04:32 pm
Oh, I'm sorry, tea party, I

Oh, I'm sorry, tea party, I didn't realize that you were so well=informed about California. I just own property there and my family has lived there for 50 years, I travel there frequently, but I don't know anything about it.

Thanks for informing me. And I lived in California when Ronald Reagan was governor, and he wasn't nearly as well-loved as you seem to think he was, but since you know more about it than I do, I guess I'll just have to go by what you say.

By the way, the house that my sisters and I own- it's worth about $450,000. The property taxes on it are $500 per year, because it's a Prop 13 property.

Yeah, gosh darn those high taxes. They're a killer.

teaparty
teaparty 02/01/14 - 05:28 pm
" Yeah, gosh darn those high

" Yeah, gosh darn those high taxes. They're a killer."
corgi, yeah they are. The Prop 13 property protect folks that keep their property. The folks that sell usually move to another state. Taxes are driving individuals and businesses out of CA. I agree that a lot of folks did not like Reagan because he was against the liberal agenda that is destroying the state. If CA was a country they would be worse off than Greece. Keep on pumping up the liberal ideas they are working so well.

faithson
faithson 02/01/14 - 06:27 pm
Car

easy money started in the Reagan administration., I was around for that one and I saw many an investor get wealthy with Uncle Sam holding the bag.. to the tune of around 250 billion. plenty of blame to go around... know of certain builders in FL that were getting, yes profiting 100% on the sales of their homes... build for 180 sell for 360, where were the appraisers in all this. Where were the regulators when my two oldest went to college and were 'issued' a 1500 dollar credit line on MasterCard... only to pay back those naive purchases at over 3 times what it cost them at purchase. Plenty of finger pointing to go around when it came to 'loose credit' in the 2000's. In fact, the new slavery is your credit score... and the financial institutions are loving that. in the end there is a lot of blame to go around... yes, because of our constituency, we as democrats push for taking care of the lower rung in ways even I don't agree with, I am sure some of the dolts the republicans have out there do the same for you. It is time for all of us to stand back and look at the representatives we have in government. It is time to look to character, not TV spots in assessing who will serve us best. I would gladly have voted for Anderson last cycle, I know him to be a man of integrity... Broun, now is a bombast, I would hope many on your side see the same.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 02/01/14 - 06:36 pm
"What is worse, allowing four

"What is worse, allowing four Americans to be killed and our embassy to be destroyed then lying about or backing up traffic on a bridge?"

This writer has a one note song "Benghazi." I suggest you read the bipartisan report released recently on Benghazi . It probably will not make any difference that the report was released by Republicans and Democrats because some highly paid political operative has convinced those on the Right that if they respond "Benghazi" no matter the question, they will have a political advantage.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 02/01/14 - 06:38 pm
All American lives are to be

All American lives are to be valued.
I am sure the families of the four killed in Benghazi hurt just as much as the countless families of those killed in embassy bombings during Reagan and Bush's years in office and the thousands killed on September 11, 2001. Funny how some on the right have completely blocked those heroes out of their minds as if those Americans never lived.

teaparty
teaparty 02/01/14 - 06:56 pm
" I am sure the families of

" I am sure the families of the four killed in Benghazi hurt just as much as the countless families of those killed in embassy bombings during Reagan and Bush's years in office and the thousands killed on September 11, 2001."
TM, but at least they did not lie about what happen in the effort to get reelected. Obama told blatant lies and the press let him get away with it.

carcraft
carcraft 02/01/14 - 07:01 pm
There have been and there

There have been and there always will be bubbles. The problem is that Bush and many others saw the last housing bubble as it was about 1/2 formed and tried to stop it. Do you remember the stock market bubble when Allen Greenspan talked about "irrational exuberance"? There was actually a tulip bubble in Holland at one point and certain tulip bulbs were selling for hundreds of dollars, it was insane. I learned a lot from Allen Greenspan . If people get to excited about something I back off. I also learned from several cons and what several very wealthy people have said, "if you don't understand something don't invest in it". I do hope we look at the character of those we elect. Hillary lied about Benghazi and supported his lies. When asked if she thought it was a video or terrorist she said "what difference does it make now?" Do we want some one like that in the White house, She could not defend one embassy in Africa, why do you think she can defend America?

carcraft
carcraft 02/01/14 - 07:05 pm
My son also got burned by

My son also got burned by credit cards in college, that is why he works to keep his debt load down and very manageable. despite the fact it was painful, it was an excellent teacher! Our government could learn about running up debt but I am afraid we are the ones that are going to get burned.

ymnbde
ymnbde 02/01/14 - 07:13 pm
hmmm... truth matters, Reagan and Bush

didn't blame it on a video...
and on a dead ambassador

ymnbde
ymnbde 02/01/14 - 07:27 pm
hmmm... so corgi, you're part of the 1%?

and don't pay your fair share?
good for you
i don't get your point about not getting my point
but one can look at the years of democrat control of any jurisdiction
and see how it correlates to the young black male unemployment rate
the more years, the higher unemployment
it can't be by accident... demos are helped by high unemployment
by young black males
have i been to Chicago? did you write that with your nose on high? 1%er?
yes, why yes, my lawdy lawdy, i have been to that wonderful city
i didn't know if they would let such a lowly poor boy in but they did!
my oh my but i was so appreciative!
they liked me! dey really liked me!
dey said i wuz a credit to my upbrangin

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/14 - 09:01 pm
No, I'm not part of the 1%,

No, I'm not part of the 1%, hardly.

But that's a funny idea, I wish I were!

I have no idea why you would think that.

A 1%er wouldn't be caught dead in a $450,000 house in Southern
California, your idea that I'm a 1%er is just absurd.

carcraft
carcraft 02/01/14 - 09:10 pm
TruthMatters, the report says

TruthMatters, the report says that Bengahzi was preventable and that Obama admin knew it was a terrorist attack soon after it happened. So why was Susan Rice sent out to lie and who sent her? The ambassador repeatedly requested more security, who denied his requests and why? Oh never mind "what differance does it make now! On to the more important backed up traffic!

carcraft
carcraft 02/01/14 - 09:14 pm
Truth Matters, I guess when

Truth Matters, I guess when they blamed the Rice lie on "confusion " after the incident the lie covering the lie was OK as your name suggested, "TRUTH MATTERS "!

carcraft
carcraft 02/01/14 - 09:36 pm
Truth Matters, You also

Truth Matters, You also forget executing a 16 year US citizen with out due process, Fast and Furious, the IRS targeting conservatives, but I will give you credit for attempting to deal with one scandal!

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 02/01/14 - 09:59 pm
Local guy 55, I could not

Local guy 55, I could not have said it any better to Mr. Sophisticated
. What a joke this person is! Lord help these people and it just blows my mind that there are still people in the U.S. who still thinks he is doing a good job.

Sophisticated
Sophisticated 02/01/14 - 11:11 pm
Georgians are so confused

Georgians are so confused they want you to believe that Obama is leading the country in the wrong direction by playing the blame game. Maybe this explain why the State of Georgia is called the 'Peach State' when they produce more pecans than peaches. When will somebody remove the peach off Georgia's license plates and put a pecan or maybe a cherry?