Obamacare makes it worse

In the past six months, I have had appointments with my three doctors – primary care, ortho and eye. I have had these physicians for years. We spent time talking about Obamacare. They are cutting services to Medicare patients, not accepting Medicaid and worrying about their patients.

All of my doctors have read, and had their attorneys review, the law. For example, if you reach age 65 or older and you fall and break your hip and go to the hospital, they will not admit you, but you will be sent to an old folks’ home that Medicare will pay for – but just for 21 days, after which you will be expected to pay for it out of your pocket or go home for your family to take care of you, if you have a family that is willing. If you get cancer, go home and die – they will not treat you.

I think “death committees” will exist under Obamacare. Obama stole more than $700 billion from the Medicare funds that we as seniors have paid and continue to pay into Medicare – just to fund Obamacare for those who sit on their behinds and expect working people or retirees who worked for their care to pay for sorry and lazy people’s care. We do not owe them anything!

This man has done more to destroy the work ethic and the freedoms of this country than anyone ever in this country’s history. I hope we survive until he is gone and we can hopefully elect someone who knows the Constitution and what it stands for.

Anyone who votes to put a liberal Democrat back in office deserves what they get – and this includes U.S. Rep. John Barrow.

Don Turner

Grovetown

fedex227
fedex227 01/04/14 - 12:13 am
He really said this ...

'Under Obamacare ... if you are 65 or older and you fall and break your hip and go to the hospital, they will not admit you, but you will be sent to an old folks’ home ...' This guy really really believes this. I don't mean to make fun, but come on ... thanks Don, you made my day.

fedex227
fedex227 01/03/14 - 11:44 pm
Honestly though, if this happens when you're 65 ...

consider yourself lucky, at least you get to spend the rest of your days at the Nearly Pushing Up Daisies Retirement Community. According to section 7, annex B, paragraph 3, subsection 2.1c of the Affordable Care Act, if you break your hip at 72 you'd be marked for immediate termination.

paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 01/03/14 - 11:41 pm
Few misconceptions there...

There are already death committees...they're you private insurance companies that don't really care, as long as the don't have to pay out. Also, the people that don't pay will have to pay during tax-time. This country has been circling the drain for decades...long before Barack became president. Political ethics are completely nonexistent, there is no accountability in any form of government, and no personal accountability. I'm only 31, but as far back as I can remember the federal government has ripped-off social security that working-class pays into.

Let's be for real....Obamacare is a prime example of "good initiative, bad judgement."

I think it's far past time for a massive change-over in Washington...get rid of all.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 01/04/14 - 12:51 am
That's exactly right, get rid

That's exactly right, get rid of them all!

jkline
jkline 01/04/14 - 03:33 am
Give FDR His Due

This letter gives too much credit to our current president. Franklin Roosevelt did more to socialize America than anyone before him, and everything since then has built upon FDR's foundation. Even when I was a kid, long decades before Obama, if a piece of equipment quit working my father would say that "it went Democrat."

corgimom
corgimom 01/04/14 - 05:48 am
Don Turner, you need new

Don Turner, you need new doctors. If your doctors told you that, they're wrong.

I'm on Medicare, have been for years, and none of my services are being cut.

robert2410
robert2410 01/04/14 - 06:32 am
I have said this before but

I have said this before but it merits repeating. Obamacare has nothing to do with improving the health care system, it is about controlling it and redistributing wealth. If you are a white conservative under Obamacare, those death panels Sarah Palin so wisely pointed out are meant for you. If you are a white employed person, you will pay for everyone else's who is not white premiums through taxation and high deductibles. Liberals have no problem with theives, as long as the victims are working white people. Wake up America, we are letting one segment of our society drag the rest of us down. Now, cue the usual cries of racism from the usual suspects in here, even though they are more racist than any white conservative could ever imagine being.

robert2410
robert2410 01/04/14 - 06:33 am
Duplicate

Duplicate

carcraft
carcraft 01/04/14 - 06:40 am
Well death panels do exist,

Well death panels do exist, they are the "advisory "panel and their say is final. On average more is spent in your last year in life than during the rest of your life. That is where cuts in services are required. Now I don't buy the broken hip stuff. But age related restrictions ail have to come. The independent advisory board is appointed and not subject to rye Congress or president once appointed. Now with insurance companies you can appeal, go to the state regulator etc. Ever appealed anything with the IRS? Their the ones that are going to enforce it. Now lets remember Sebilius telling the family of the 12 year girl "Some people live, some people die ". Thanks to a judge the girl lives. Also remember Sebilius isn't a doctor and can't even set up a web site and she is making life and death decisions with the same competence of running a web site!

raul
raul 01/04/14 - 08:30 am
No Dr. I have talked with is

No Dr. I have talked with is in favor of OCare. How about you other folks out there? Had any discussion with your Drs. on how they feel about OCare.

localguy55
localguy55 01/04/14 - 09:03 am
Went for my annual check up

Went for my annual check up and my doctor told me of the number of doctors hanging it up each week due to Obamacrap care. The numbers are scary and all of you should be very concerned. During the late 60s the Federal Government began a systematic effort to Heep on ever increasing regulations onto the healthcare industry that ultimately resulted in the mess we see now.
Before the Fed.'s interference most if not all large industries offered almost free or low cost health insurance to their employees. Health providers offered great service at a competitive prices. And government had little influence over it. Then came the Feds. and their ever increasing regulations based upon GOOD INTENTIONS, destroyed healthcare as we knew it. Now our great leaders have forced this hideous Obama-crap-care down our throats. Welcome to the Dark Ages and tyrannical rule. . . .

ymnbde
ymnbde 01/04/14 - 10:01 am
"death panels," a rather crude phrase for rationing

will occur
the ratio of doctors to patients has been increased
the ratio of patients to payers has decreased
rationing is inevitable
Barrow showed us all his grandaddy's gun last election
he's gonna have to shoot it the next election
reality is quite conservative

scoobynews
scoobynews 01/04/14 - 10:01 am
Typical dribble..

From the Obama supporters. Well here is a question I would like to see all of you answer. Why have I been forced to accept new insurance from the blue cross blue shield monopoly when we were all told if we liked our insurance we could keep it? Biggest lie ever told yet you menions keep supporting him. But then again you probably still believe Clinton " did not have sexual relations with that woman" too.

teaparty
teaparty 01/04/14 - 10:53 am
"I talked to my primary care

"I talked to my primary care doctor about what changes he thought would happen, and he told me that his practice was going to continue just as it was before, he didn't see that it would make any difference."
corgimom, so you believe even though Medicare and Medicaid are cutting what they pay each year, Obamacare stole over $700B, and requiring more and more forms that doctors will continue take Medicare and Medicaid patients? My eye specialist said that many doctors will stop taking Medicare and Medicaid patients and the only ones that will continue is the ones that run patients thought like cattle. He said it will take much long to get an appointment, much long waits in the waiting rooms and much shorter time with doctor. It is going to happen and to think differently is naive at the best.

localguy55
localguy55 01/04/14 - 12:37 pm
Survivors of the Titanic

Survivors of the Titanic stated that many of the passengers, rich and poor, did not believe the ship would sink and refused to get into the life boats. This accounts for some of the life boats being only half full when launched. By the time there was no doubt that the ship would in fact sink, it was too late for those who had a chance to get into one.

This scenario is being played out by supporters of Obama and his thug crew in congress. Only when it is too late to fix the unbelievable mess, Obama and democraps have left this country, then will their eyes be opened. And they too will suffer as a result of their decision to support these criminals. My hope is that they suffer the most.

carcraft
carcraft 01/04/14 - 01:41 pm
Teaparty, many doctors try

Teaparty, many doctors try for a balanced payer mix. Medicare badly covers operating expenses. One of the problems with hospitals like GRADY is they have a bad payer nix and medicade and medicare compensation are abysmal for many specialty services like anesthesia leaving the hospitals on the hook for those services. Read Krauthammer's editorial about the payer mix for the sign ups so far and the golden parachutes for the insurance companies.

teaparty
teaparty 01/04/14 - 01:58 pm
"My hope is that they suffer

"My hope is that they suffer the most."
The group of Obama supporters that will suffer the most are the low income and poor blacks. There will be riots in the street lead by the black leaders that help create the mess. It is a shame they are not smart enough to figure it out.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 01/04/14 - 03:05 pm
Mr. Turner, Please give us

Mr. Turner,
Please give us the names of your doctors so my family and I can avoid them.

The $$$ cut from Medicare was realized by cutting waste, something true conservatives are supposed to be in favor of.

My healthcare premium has gone up every year since I have been in the workforce. And since the president was born in 1961, that means my premium rose while Obama was a child in "Kenya" learning how to come to America to make all our premiums go up. I went approximately 15 years before ever having a surgery and my premium still increased annually, but I knew that my blessing was in being healthy and not needing to use the benefit. I supposed the increase was to offset the cost of the sicker and older workers in the pool. Sound familiar?

I had hoped that we could be spared of this weekly non-sense in 2014 but some things just do not change.

teaparty
teaparty 01/04/14 - 03:23 pm
" The $$$ cut from Medicare

" The $$$ cut from Medicare was realized by cutting waste"
TM, I guess the truth does not matter because your statement is a lie. The cuts were realized by paying doctors and hospitals less and charging higher co-pays.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/04/14 - 03:29 pm
Am I missing it or what

I thought the whole purpose of the beginning of the ACA was for the nation to be put on Medicare/caid in the future - government issued medical insurance plan. Until ACA is repealed - that may be where we are headed.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 01/04/14 - 04:07 pm
TP...Your trademark snarky

TP...Your trademark snarky retort belies my expectation of civil discourse.
Can we at least agree that there is no need to take aim at my name? In return I promise not to make a jab about your name. After all there will be many issues upon which we will disagree. To start with, rather than my statement being a "lie" we are both correct in where the cuts came from. And those are not the only two sources but I did not feel the need, nor had the time to try to delineate all the sources of the cuts. I see that you didn't either.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/04/14 - 04:17 pm
Now you children

are fighting about your names - Sean, cut them both off - no wonder we are in trouble ya'll do make me laugh

teaparty
teaparty 01/04/14 - 04:43 pm
Lilly, I am not complaining

Lilly, I do not complain about anything they call me.

teaparty
teaparty 01/04/14 - 04:42 pm
Lilly, the liberals are

Lilly, the liberals are always the ones complaining. They can't argue the points so it is standard liberal tactic.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 01/04/14 - 05:35 pm
Sean won't have to cut me

Sean won't have to cut me off. Going forward I am opting to use the "ignore user" option for the both of you. Problem solved!

carcraft
carcraft 01/04/14 - 05:58 pm
Liberal talking point

Liberal talking point "premiums have gone up every year ". Yes and so has housing, food, gasoline, toilet paper, and salaries. Well since Obama has been president gasoline has doubled. Premiums under Obama care have gone up an average of 41%in one year, and many deductibles and copays have risen astronomically. The deductibles for the bronze plan in some instances is $6,000.00 dollars.

carcraft
carcraft 01/04/14 - 06:55 pm
Don't forget that much of the

Don't forget that much of the rise in the cost of premiums is related to inflation. Inflation from 2000 to 2009 was about 28%! Now that the government is seeking to regulate health costs by further manipulating health care insurance the normal market forces are not going to operate to control prices. The added benefits of keeping your kid on your plan until they are 26, "free" birth control, etc. have to be paid some how so Truth Matters, being healthy, is going to get to carry the weight of the dead beats and not so healthy among us. There is no mechanism in the affordable care act to keep costs down for insurance and health care so they are going to go up any way!

teaparty
teaparty 01/04/14 - 05:52 pm
"Going forward I am opting to

"Going forward I am opting to use the "ignore user" option for the both of you"
As I said liberals are always ones the complaining. They cannot argue the facts so they try to shut us up.

KSL
KSL 01/04/14 - 06:18 pm
kissofdeath
kissofdeath 01/04/14 - 08:52 pm
There's been a lot of talk

There's been a lot of talk about the Affordable Care Act in the news,but it's not the real story. Big insurance companies - the same ones that spent tens of millions of dollars lobby to stop the Affordable Care Act - are using confusion around the new law to seriously screw over their customers. For example, Humana, one of the biggest insurance companies in the United States, sent misleading, frightening letters to thousands of customers. Other insurance companies canceled old plans and offered new ones at much higher prices- all without telling consumers that there are more Affordable plans in the newly created health care exchanges or that customers are probably eligible for subsides to help pay for these better plans. And despite what you might be reading in the paper or seeing on the news, the Affordable Care Act is already saving countless lives. All Americans deserve this. Congress needs to stop playing gotcha politics and start standing up to the insurance companies

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary because of excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to enact an ...