Stop neglecting your pets

At this time of the year of joy, giving and loving, there apparently are people who don’t think pets should receive humane treatment. People just tie them up, feed them, give them water and leave them to themselves. I wonder if they even have proper shelter from the environment – no love, no affection and no getting off the tether at any time whatsoever.

Do those people consider themselves animal lovers? I don’t think so. I have observed such treatment now for several months and in previous years, and the law says yes, if they are tethered, they can stay there 24/7 as long as they have water, food and proper shelter. I am not certain of any of these, as I do not enter private property. But I do know that I have requested animal control or whoever has a heart for animals to check it out.

Not enough is being done to honor those creatures that people call pets. Lots of them adore them and treat them right, but there also are those who think that it is enough to tie an animal up in the back some place, give them water and food and let it be. Why do they want a pet? So they can be cruel to them by not paying them any mind beyond the absolute necessities? Or are there other factors involved that are not mentioned such as preparing those poor creatures for man’s “entertainment”?

I despise anyone who is unkind to an animal, and hope any such person will get his or her just desserts!

Adelheid Waters

Hephzibah

SemperParatus
SemperParatus 12/25/13 - 12:03 am
You're on the right track,

You're on the right track, Adelheid! Thank you for advocating for those that can't speak for themselves!

ymnbde
ymnbde 12/25/13 - 07:12 am
corgimom
corgimom 12/25/13 - 07:17 am
Where I live, you are only

Where I live, you are only allowed to chain up an animal for 8 hours at a time. I have never understood why anybody would have a dog, just to have them tied up in the backyard.

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/25/13 - 01:15 pm
It's like the way people

It's like the way people treat kids too different people and cultures display "love" differently. Sometimes a pet is chained for a disciplinary reason or safety reason. Dangerous breeds like pit bulls and rotts are often chained for obvious reasons. No one should ever intentionally abuse an animal whether a pet or for food.

teaparty
teaparty 12/25/13 - 01:32 pm
"Dangerous breeds like pit

"Dangerous breeds like pit bulls and rotts are often chained for obvious reasons."
Most pit bulls are dangerous because sorry humans made them that way. I had an American pit and he was gentlest dog I have ever known. He was my buddy for almost 10 yrs.

dwb619
dwb619 12/25/13 - 04:17 pm
1:32 pm

X2

GodisSoGood
GodisSoGood 12/26/13 - 11:43 am
Teaparty

"Most pit bulls are dangerous because sorry humans made them that way." Seriously?

Then why is it when we hear news of a pit bull attack, it's always followed with, "he was such a sweet dog, he never showed any aggression. He was our baby. We loved him so much, this just isn't like him to do something like this."

Statistics don't lie.