Newspaper took right stand

I was down in the local area spending some time with my family over the Thanksgiving weekend when I was fortunate enough to read your editorial titled “A republic in name only?” (Dec. 1).

Living near Fayetteville, N.C. – where the only paper is a liberal-leaning publication totally supportive of everything this administration does – it was a pleasure to read this piece. I’m glad there still are some papers in this country that are willing to do what the public expects and hold our government accountable for its actions instead of mindlessly backing it up when it obviously is in violation of the very things that made this nation what it is. Our nation and way of life are in great peril, and it warms my heart to know at least one newspaper sees it.

I forwarded a copy of your editorial to our paper here as an example of what a responsible publication is supposed to do. The good people of the CSRA are lucky to have you at their side as partners in defense of liberty. Keep up the great work.

Chris Zets

Parkton, N.C.

myfather15
myfather15 12/04/13 - 06:46 am
Even today, the AC published

Even today, the AC published letters of opposing views (which is should); about the same article.

I also visit and comment on other media websites and specifically on ones that I know are left wing. Why? Because I actually want to see what they are saying and have discussions about it. I also watch MSNBC, CNN and others; so that I KNOW what they are saying and don't just take someones WORD on what they are saying.

These far left sights rarely, if EVER; print an article with an opposing view!! Sometimes they will be critical of this administration, but it's a "Soft&Cozy" criticism, I assure you.

We are to be WATCHMEN, therefore I watch!! I don't think that means we should watch "Wife swap".

deestafford
deestafford 12/04/13 - 07:25 am
Can y'all imagine what a better world it would be if the AC

folks were running the Washington Post, NY Times, and San Francisco Chronicle? Talk about some politicians having blisters on the soles of their feet because they were held to the fire! Oh, throw in the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation in there also.

SGT49
SGT49 12/04/13 - 08:59 am
Dee, I thoroughly enjoy your

Dee, I thoroughly enjoy your comments. One version of AC's mobile app completely eliminates the heading portion of comments, where you usually start your comment. When reading it we see it start mid sentence. Please consider starting your comments in the main comment box. Thanks, A fan.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 12/04/13 - 09:57 am
Absolutely spot on LTE

and comment by Dee.

I love this paper. It's not perfect, but they have more than 200 years of practice in getting it pretty darn right. Even though it is a conservative paper, it always presents the opposing view, at least whenever anyone holding that view can compose a coherent and cogent response.

If you don't believe it, witness how often we conservatives have endured Lowell Greenbaum and the strange Mr. Godoy

deestafford
deestafford 12/04/13 - 12:31 pm
SGT

SGT, Wilco.

GACopprhed
GACopprhed 12/04/13 - 12:50 pm
The only reason this paper

The only reason this paper prints opposing views is to give the readers their chance to gang up on anyone who differs from their view. It, in my opinion, enjoys seeing the readers' little misspelled insults of our President and the Democrats. This newspaper and the comments from it's readers are poor representation of what Augusta should present.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 12/04/13 - 12:56 pm
"Should present"?

Who made you the one who gets to decide what Augusta "should present", GACopperhd?

Personally, I don't believe the opinions you post necessarily represent the best of what Augusta has to offer the world. There are some really fine people here in Augusta, and some of them even comment on these forums and send in letters to the editor on occasion. Few of the ones I can easily identify seem to agree with you on much of anything, but would defend to the death your right to have your say.

robert2410
robert2410 12/05/13 - 05:37 am
Ah you gotta love ol

Ah you gotta love ol copperhead, complaining about insults while throwing insults. Liberals are at least consistent in that regard.

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.