I recently read an article by TV and radio commentator Wayne Allyn Root regarding President Obama’s plans for our country:
• The rich must pick up the tab for health care for those who cannot afford it, thus breaking the rich.
• Obamacare is intended to wipe out the middle class and make them dependent on government. By 2016, the middle class will be forced into government through astronomically high health care costs.
• Obamacare is intended to kill decent-paying jobs and create only low-paying and/or part-time jobs. Great way to take care of the middle class!
• Obamacare is intended to bankrupt small businesses, thus starving donations to the Republican Party. Since small businesses write 75 percent of the checks to the GOP, what better way to stifle the opposition than to cut off its funds?
• Obamacare makes the Internal Revenue Service even more powerful, allowing them to record a great deal of your personal information. Thus armed, they can dissuade any would-be politician from running by threatening to expose any skeletons in his or her closet!
• Obamacare is not a train wreck, but rather a well-organized machine that is functioning exactly as desired.
However strongly he makes his points (with which I am unable to disagree), some questions do pop into my mind, such as:
• By killing off the rich and middle classes, where will the money come from to keep voters dependent on government checks?
• By defeating capitalism and forcing factories to close, is he not cutting off yet another source of revenue?
• If the above two items are true, then who will buy any goods and services produced? Is this not like a dog chasing its tail?
• Let’s assume all of the above comes to pass. Where will the government get the funds necessary to keep voters dependent on their monthly checks? Certainly not from China!
Maybe he is considering nationalizing the oil industry. Think about it. He has cut back on drilling permits, refused the pipeline from Alaska, put stiffer regulations on offshore operations, etc. Is he saving the oil for later use?
This could boost the United States into a position to replace Saudi Arabia and OPEC, and place Obama as king!
Does the name Hugo Chavez ring a bell?
Far-fetched? Maybe not.