Americans at last stand

What makes cowards out of men? Will it be when we teach our children that the Constitution is obsolete? Will it be when we force our children to deny God and our American heritage? How do we continually elect individuals who are neither hot nor cold for our future?

In our last election, many Christians did not vote for presidential candidates whom they said were a Mormon and a socialist. Why are we not willing to sacrifice to save this country while a select few denounce the Constitution, Christianity and free enterprise? It has become evident that half the nation has decided on self-destruction. So why do they stay here? What glorious future do they wish for us without freedom of thought, a free market or faith?

Are we doomed to a sea of debt because those in power wish to subjugate all of society? Where are the Patrick Henrys, the Ben Franklins or the John Adamses? Who will stand up against the new tyranny that does not respect God or the Constitution? When did moral decay become the new social order? Prayer without action is a desert without water. How long will we cower in our homes thinking that, by not voting, we send a message?

We are at our last stand. When one calls out “let freedom ring,” will we hear the dull thud of silence? Or perhaps we will hear the words sometimes attributed to Martin Luther: “Here I stand. I can do no other.”

jkline
jkline 11/12/13 - 04:41 am
True Statement

The author is right. Good people do not generally succeed in politics, for bad people have taken over that particular arena. They have shaped the system to exclude good people, for the environment they have shaped favours wealth and dishonesty---indeed, seems to require it for success. Good people who may try to get into politics are eliminated early on, while most decide not to try at all. Like me, they do not like to touch that stuff with their hands. In a way, that makes us guilty as well. The problem is not an easy one. Someone better and smarter than I am will have to come up with a way to solve it. The other option is that it will stay this way and continue to get worse and worse until it collapses.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 11/12/13 - 05:18 am
" no religious test shall

" no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

carcraft
carcraft 11/12/13 - 08:25 am
There are millions of us Mr. Henning

One of the first was Joe the Plumber. Sara Palin, Breitbart, Bill Bennett, Limbaugh, Walter Williams, Sowell, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Matt Drudge, Ann Coulter. I could go on for a long time. The pro len is ignorance. People don't. Understand profit margarine, our tax structure, capitalism, American history. Please Mr. Henning stay involved!

myfather15
myfather15 11/12/13 - 08:29 am
Bodhisattva

Required? No, it's not REQUIRED. But we the people SHOULD vote for people of strong principal and faith!! So WE get what we deserve when we vote for these idiots!! We the people are NOT voting based upon good principal and faith, therefore we have what we have; a Country going down the drain!!

A man or woman who actually follows Christ's teachings, not just CLAIMS to be Christian; is a better, more moral human being!! They will not do the things that others do, for ANY reason. Many people with good intentions, get elected then go into the cesspool that is Washington and join right in on their corrupt activities. Why? Because they have no foundation!! They are NOT founded in Christ's teachings!! They have no ROCK to stand upon!! They may CLAIM to be Christian, but their actions will speak much louder than their words!! "By their fruits, ye shall know them". That means by what they PRODUCE, not what they spout out of their mouths!! Anyone can claim to be Christian; even Obama claims to be Christian!! So someone who CLAIMS to be Christian, but wants to move this Country farther from Christianity; it should be pretty clear what they are.

myfather15
myfather15 11/12/13 - 08:32 am
Want to know what God thinks

Want to know what God thinks of people who are neither hot, nor cold?

Revelations 3: 15-16

"15: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16: So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

Hmmmm, I don't think I want to be spewed out of His mouth!! So choose a side!! Stop straddling the fence!! Stand your ground and base your stance upon strong moral principal and make your foundation the Rock which can not be shaken!!! Otherwise, you are just lukewarm and God made it clear how he feels about that!!

localguy55
localguy55 11/12/13 - 09:21 am
It has been the fight, of

It has been the fight, of some, to make our country SO secular as to deny that God played little or no role in her creation. This is a sad commentary on the people who, for whatever reason, has made it their cause to wipe clean any vestige of religion that is remotely affiliated with our governance.

We are not free because we deny God, it is because we acknowledge the creator as one of the many reasons America exists today. And we set no laws forcing others to conform, even as we pray to him before meeting and other social events.

The few who find themselves offended, we would rather encourage you to at least show some of the tolerance you tout around as one of your virtues. And we will pray for you and ask God to bestow upon you a little grace.

grouse
grouse 11/12/13 - 09:26 am
Our monthly "the sky is

Our monthly "the sky is falling" from Mr. Henning.

deestafford
deestafford 11/12/13 - 10:22 am
Let me tell y'all about the depths of anti-religion this

president has taken the military.

At Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska the base newspaper has a column entitled, "Chaplain's Corner" in which the chaplain wrote about "There are no atheists in Foxholes" and where the term came from. The chaplain was disciplined as results of complaints provided by the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRRF). The MRRF has office space in the Pentagon and have met numerous times with Obama and Hagel the Sec of Defense and is doing all it can to eliminate religion from the military and is supported very strongly by Obama and his minions.

Another incident occurred when two chaplains with masters degrees in divinity studies were dismissed from the year long VA chaplain training program after they refused to stop quoting the Bible in class and to stop praying in the name of Jesus. The instructor is a humanist and told them you can't believe that one religion is better than any other.

At Lackland Air Force Base the commanding officer is an open lesbian Colonel who refused to let a chaplain perform a service because he had preached a sermon about homosexuality being a sin according to the Bible. When asked the personal opinion of he top NCO he told her he agreed with the chaplain. She told him to put in his retirement papers because there was now no place in the Air Force for a leader with that belief and attitude.

These are just three examples of what anti-religious actions this destroyer in the White House is raining down on our military. If these are things we know about, think about what is happening that we don't know about.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/12/13 - 11:42 am
I really don't want religion

I really don't want religion and govt to mix-it's an insult to religion. Nor does a political candidates exclamation of some faith gain much empathy from me. I could care less of your "stated" convictions-I want to see your actions. I learned at a really, really early age-words come cheap and it is actions that really matter. I've been ripped off by many a christian man. They usually retort business and their faith are separate. Sheesh. It really is a narrow path-because that moron fell off.

impossible
impossible 11/12/13 - 11:55 am
Right on Mr. Henning

Those who are or have been Republicans should give no money to the Republican National Committee or various other establishment Republican solicitations but limit giving to individual conservative Republican candidates, no matter where they are running, and to the Tea Party. Money talks!

Instead of pouting, every conservative needs to vote, even if they have to hold their nose and simply vote for the lesser evil.

impossible
impossible 11/12/13 - 11:56 am
Right on Mr. Henning

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/12/13 - 02:44 pm
America is not on it's last stand!

Our nation has peaked as an empire and is on the downhill side called the 'fall of a great empire.' We're done already! Our children and grandchildren will have to live through this mess we have created for them. Hope I'm wrong but don't think so.

myfather15
myfather15 11/12/13 - 06:05 pm
People always say politics

People always say politics and religion don't mix, but I say you can't seperate the two!! But that's exactly why the left WANTS the two seperate!!

Politics is religion and religion is politics!! In politics in the United States, we have a two party system. Yes, there are others; but they stand no chance!! In religion, there are two parties you can follow; God or Satan.

In historic world governance; there have always been two main forms of government, called by many different names. Those two are communism, called by many different names such as socialism, marxism, fascism, etc. Then there is democracy/freedom, often called a republic and others.

In communism/socialism/marxism the people are controlled!! Their free will is limited as to what is acceptable to the government. In some forms, you are even told what professional career you shall have and exactly how much money you will make doing it. You are told what home you will live in and how large that home can be. You are told what automobiles to drive, what food to eat and many times what WORDS you may say!! You are told how many children you are allowed to have. Basically, to make this shorter, your life is only yours to the good pleasure of the government. I believe this way IS Satan's way. I believe he wants to control the people.

Now, Freedom I believe is God's way!! He created each and every person completely different than the next, each person having different DNA. He gave each one of those persons FREE WILL!! He doesn't interfere with His greatest gift very often, if ever!! We are free to do with that free will, what we will do!! We are free to fail or to succeed!! We are free to work hard or hardly work!! But you are rewarded for how much you do!! I KNOW this is His way!! It is the RIGHT way to do things. But this way is being twisted and shown to be wrong!!

Politics IS the reason we are all here!! People had a choice, follow God or Satan!! Millions, if not billions choose to follow Satan and thought his way was better. Instead of destroying Satan and ALL those who followed him, God destroyed that dispensation of time and created this dispensation of time, flesh age. Where we are born as babes, with no memory of what happened. With no memory, so that we may choose with our FREE WILL, to do right or wrong; to follow God or Satan!! Physically seperate from both and their direct influence. Their spirits are with us and influence us, WHEN we open our hearts to them and allow them with our FREE WILL!! It works both ways!!

But you can NOT seperate politics and religion!! One is the other!!

It was a brilliant move when LBJ gave Churches tax exemptions, as long as they didn't preach politics in their Church!! He purchased the Churches silence, on political topics. It moved political discussion from Churches and made "pastors" afraid to mention politics. It blurred the lines of right and wrong!! It confused people, because they don't hear politics from their Pastor!! Even good people today, say they don't want to hear politics in their Church!! Sad, very sad!! Politics is about free willed choice, and so is the choice between God and Satan!!!

xenthine
xenthine 11/12/13 - 07:20 pm
Take note

Notice how the one person who actually quoted the Constitution here got the most thumbs down?

You people can believe whatever you want. My own personal faith tells me that a lot of the "Christians" in this country have been given over to their fear and hatred, and rather than preach and enact Christ's love to the betterment of your neighbors, you spend your time using the political process to strip other people's freedoms and rule their lives with a vision that has little to do with meeting their needs or God's love. And this is part of why America is a waning power, and why mainstream Christian institutions are on the decline in this country. It's not, primarily, someone else's fault.

Don't get me wrong, the far left has it's share of blame too. But what you ignore is that "no man is good, but One, that is God." So, before you go complaining about the woeful direction of this country and thinking you or who you vote for has the answers or are standing on principles, stop and ask your God if you're truly right, or if you could be spending your energies in more fruitful ways for your community.

Again, you can believe whatever you want, but don't use the political process to tread on me and mine. You want to be tolerated, you want your views to be respected (which does not mean enacted as policy), well then, "do unto others…"

myfather15
myfather15 11/12/13 - 11:01 pm
You just don't get it, do

You just don't get it, do you? No, you don't.

No religious test is required, nor should it be!! It's called FREE WILL!! It boils down to my earlier comment; there shouldn't be a religious requirement, we should vote for the people of strong faith, with free will!! If we did, we wouldn't be in the position we are in!!

You stated "and rather than preach and enact Christ's love to the betterment of your neighbors, you spend your time using the political process to strip other people's freedoms and rule their lives with a vision that has little to do with meeting their needs or God's love."

What "freedoms" have we stripped from others? Can you explain what specifically you're talking about? I imagine I know the answer!!

Let me ask you this; if our "neighbors" aren't doing anything to better their own lives, should we automatically make their lives better for them? Should we provide them with all the luxuries of life, even if they are just too sorry to strive for themselves? II Thess 3:10 says if a man will not work, he should not eat!!

Also, you and MANY others, always want to talk about God's loving grace and forgiveness and that's true enough. But do you also realize forgiveness REQUIRES repentance and ASKING for forgiveness? Which also requires a change of heart, not to continue doing the bad things? Asking for forgiveness, is null and void when you have no intentions of even trying to change your life and actually plan to continue in sin.

Also, you fail; as MANY "pastors" and others do as well, to mention God's WRATH for those who go against Him. Yes, God's love is the most wonderful love in existence. But He has plenty of WRATH for those who go against Him, don't accept or follow Him and especially for those who lead others astray, with their lying deception!!

That's HIS words, not mine!! Don't believe me? Look it up!! His wrath is mentioned MANY times!!

myfather15
myfather15 11/12/13 - 10:58 pm
" My own personal faith tells

" My own personal faith tells me that a lot of the "Christians" in this country have been given over to their fear and hatred,"

Fear and hatred of what? Care to explain? I could explain for you, because your comment is so typical of left wing rhetoric; but I'll give you the opportunity to explain, if you will. What exactly do we FEAR and HATE?

xenthine
xenthine 11/13/13 - 12:22 am
Why is it when someone

Why is it when someone mentions helping the poor so many "christians" jump to the welfare queen argument? You do realize that the majority of people on welfare do, in fact, work? As far as charities go the majority of people, in my volunteer experience, go to them because they need them and actually feel a good deal of shame for having to do so, and most charities only provide help on a limited basis precisely to keep the scammers away.

I can agree that there are plenty of people gaming the system, but those are a different issue altogether, and they aren't the majority. The big brush you use to paint those in need tells me that you hate them. You hate everything that doesn't quite fit your narrow conceptions of what should be. You hate it because you fear it, you fear it because it marks your own weakening position in this society. And I would like to believe that this is out of genuine concern for God's place in our society, and what the far left and other's are doing to the faith (believe it or not, we could probably agree on a lot of those issues). But I don't think that is where your arguments come from. They come largely from your own ego, cloaked in religion.

I have no great proof for this, only the discernment my God has armed me with. So you can argue all you like. And as for His wrath: I completely agree with you. And I'm willing to say that the decline of traditional Christian institutions in this country is God's judgement for misrepresenting Him for your own purposes. So, my main point, "remove the plank from your own eye" and then donate that plank to Habitat for Humanity so they can help build a house for someone who needs it and is willing to work for it.

Those people, those that give without expectation (of personal reward or repentance) or condemnation (which is not the same as judgement), those who leave God's wrath to God because He is the perfect judge, will do more for Christ in this country than a ban on gay marriage (is that where you thought I was going? I hate to disappoint).

As far as I'm concerned, unless you can say, or strive to say, as Paul said, "For I could wish that I were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers," then there is little of God in you. The far-right of this country keeps complaining about what everyone else is doing and taking from them, so I can only assume that they, in their heart of hearts, still think that they deserve more than death.

myfather15
myfather15 11/15/13 - 08:46 am
"You do realize that the

"You do realize that the majority of people on welfare do, in fact, work?"

Where did you come up with this? In your head?

"I can agree that there are plenty of people gaming the system, but those are a different issue altogether, and they aren't the majority."

So, since they aren't the majority, I guess we shouldn't strengthen the regulations and require more proof?

"The big brush you use to paint those in need tells me that you hate them."

The big brush?? Explain to me, how in my comments I painted everyone with a big brush. I have no idea what you're talking about with this one.

"So, my main point, "remove the plank from your own eye" and then donate that plank to Habitat for Humanity so they can help build a house for someone who needs it and is willing to work for it."

Instead of donating that plank, why not take that plank and help build that house yourself? Not relying on OTHERS to do the work you should be doing yourself. WE need to help others, not rely on others, including government, to do that job for us. AND, people need to stand up as strong men and women and help themselves!! There is no shame in asking for help, if you've tried your hardest and for different reasons, you need help. But there SHOULD be shame if you've put half effort in, then rely on government or others to provide for you!!

"who leave God's wrath to God because He is the perfect judge, will do more for Christ in this country than a ban on gay marriage (is that where you thought I was going? I hate to disappoint)."

I suppose we can't leave the ultimate judgement (of the soul) to God, and still enforce His beliefs and natural laws during this dispensation of time? God (The Creator) makes it clear that homosexuality is NOT approved by Him; as a matter of FACT, He says it's an abomination to Him. He COULD have created nature and reproduction ANY way He wanted, and He did!! He created the natural means of reproduction as a man and a woman!! THAT alone should be enough for any person utilizing common sense to understand He doesn't approve of it.

Is that to say we can't treat gay people with respect and love, just because it isn't legal for them to wed???? That's the deal with people like you!! You believe that simply because we stand against gay marriage, that we HATE those people, and nothing could be farther from the truth.

So no; I don't think we would do more for Christ to farther remove our laws from what God designed!!

That last paragraph is so ridiculous, I don't even feel a need to address it. It's a very radical, extreme view of those on the right.

Also, I asked you to specifically address exactly what we are in fear of and I didn't get an specific answer; just another vague attempt to clarify your position and attack my faith by saying it's all about MY ego!! Could you please explain a little more specific?