Make Prince our next rep

As the people of District 127 prepare to vote for a committed individual to complete the term of the late state House Rep. Quincy Murphy, I am proud to endorse retired Lt. Col. Brian Prince. He is a man who has proved himself to be highly qualified as a strong leader.

Brian served in the U.S. Army for 21 years with honor and distinction. He received many honors for his outstanding leadership and proficient organizational skills. His background and experience will be an asset to him at the state Capitol.

Because of Brian’s love for Augusta, he came back home. He would like to have the opportunity to help our community continue to grow and prosper for all citizens. I am confident he is capable of meeting the challenges with intelligence and integrity.

I ask the voters of District 127 to support and elect Brian Prince. He will make District 127, and all of Augusta, proud.

Bettye Swain

Augusta

Lee Benedict
Lee Benedict 10/19/13 - 12:22 am
Seriously?

He is extremely arrogant, and, I would love to debate "his outstanding leadership and proficient organizational skills" because there is so much evidence to the contrary that many can substantiate.

BCB
BCB 10/19/13 - 05:19 am
Let's Make Prince Our New State Representative

First, I applaud Brian Prince and his distinguished career in the U.S. Army and service to our great Nation. However, I find it difficult to understand how that equates to being a successful state representative. I have done extensive research and I have yet to find even a Facebook page of what Mr. Prince has plans for the 127th district. I understand that he is indeed from the Augusta area, but until now, I hadn't heard of him and now that he is running for office, I have STILL yet to hear much about him other than the fact that he is a former military officer. What are his goals for the district? What is his political platform? What experience other than the military does he have to allow the citizen to make an informed decision? I understand that he is also a Deacon at the historic Tabernacle Baptist Church, but what else does ANYBODY know about this man? We are electing someone to fill the seat of the late great Qunicy Murphy, a man who worked very hard for this district and ALWAYS made himself accessible and available for all of his constiuents. I have no doubt that Brian Prince is a great individual, but until I know more about him and his ideas for this district, he is nothing more than another name on the ballot.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/19/13 - 08:02 am
I'd vote for him before

I'd vote for him before Dianne Murphy. We know far more about his leadership qualities from his 21 years as an Army officer than we know about Mrs. Murphy.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/19/13 - 08:52 am
The fact that he wants to be a politician and serve the people

should be enough for us to know he is a liar. All politicians are liars. It is the prerequisite of a successful political career. When will the citizens of the USA learn. The Representative Republic is not working. Not working because of personal greed.

Human Government is a "beast". All who participate share in the carnage.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/19/13 - 08:53 am
He is not going somewhere to fix something. His future perhaps?

Mr Smith Goes to Washington was a fantasy. Fictional event. Fictional character.

Darby
Darby 10/19/13 - 11:33 am
Bizkit
Bizkit 10/19/13 - 07:46 pm
I thought Prince changed his

I thought Prince changed his name to a symbol or something? LOL. What qualifies someone for political office? Being egocentric, self-serving, and a liar. Well whatever it is we need to change them because they all suck. We can eliminate "community organizer" as a qualification for sure. Course we don't know his agenda or policy but that is because no politician has them anymore it is all about being a "personality" or "cool" at least if you are a Dem.

Paine president resigns

George C. Bradley resigned as president of the embattled Paine College on Tuesday as the institution continues efforts to maintain its accreditation after several years of financial mismanagement ...