America deserves better

One week after World War II veterans were denied access to the U.S. National World War II Memorial on the National Mall, Democrats had an immigration rally on those very grounds. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi thanked President Obama for allowing the rally. It is obvious that Obama and Pelosi and their like have little regard for our veterans.

But this is nothing new. On Memorial Day 2012, Vietnam veterans were not allowed to lay wreaths at the memorial in honor of fallen soldiers. The reason? Obama was there to make a speech, and the area was closed to everyone except people with special passes. Thousands of veterans were gathered with wreaths to recognize our fallen soldiers, but were turned away so a politician could give a speech. When presidents Reagan, George H.W. Bush and even Clinton spoke on Memorial Day, our veterans were welcome to attend.

I think our country is being led by Marxists and communists, and I’d bet that many of them spat on our soldiers when they returned from Vietnam.

I am very ashamed to have a president who has such little regard for our veterans – but then what can we expect from someone who seems to hate everything this country was founded on?

Charles Cushman

Aiken, S.C.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/11/13 - 12:23 pm
Yes, I read the link, and

Yes, I read the link, and explained why he/she was wrong.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 12:29 pm
HA @ 12:23 I got time for 1 more

"Yes, I read the link, and explained why he/she was wrong"

First, it is difficult not to believe they are at least a law student or law buff. I am not questioning their sourse of the link, I just think since a former fed. judge said Obama was wrong, I just think the law is very debatable for The Republicans to take action!

myfather15
myfather15 10/11/13 - 12:54 pm
HA

This is not political games and political debate for me; I actually get fighting mad to think of the things they are doing! To not pay the family members of our Warriors who lost their lives, is one of the most dispicable things I've EVER heard of a government doing!! I actually feel myself shaking on the inside to think about these disgusting, piece of filth human beings, who made this decision; all the while they are still bringing in their 6 figure salaries!!!

But, this is exactly the reaction they want!! They WANT us to get fighting mad!! They want us to revolt and take to the streets!! They are trying to goad us into doing, just that!! Van Jones' "Bottom up, Top down, inside out!!" Philosophy!! They want us to rise up, so the government can come down on us, turning the Country inside out!! It WOULD WORK, now all they need us to do, is RISE UP!! If this happened, they would have control of the Country!!

What they are doing is only going to get worse!! We are going to have to possess the patience of Job!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 01:10 pm
myfather15 @ 12:54

"But, this is exactly the reaction they want!! They WANT us to get fighting mad!! They want us to revolt and take to the streets!! They are trying to goad us into doing, just that"

WOW......You and Angela are on a role today! I understand your frustration, BUT Angela's and your attitudes are WAY over the top.

KSL
KSL 10/11/13 - 01:17 pm
myfather

I think a lot of us are fighting mad.

I suggest not addressing bledsoe. I skip his posts.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 01:26 pm
KSL @ 1:17

"I think a lot of us are fighting mad.

I suggest not addressing bledsoe. I skip his posts"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 01:40 pm
Question # 2

Is everyone waiting on HA to come back? WOW...With everyone's attitude today, I am very glad I took my meds. today!!

localguy55
localguy55 10/11/13 - 01:58 pm
You are fired up today Ms.

You are fired up today Ms. Humble Angela. I know it can be frustrating. I once heard of a proposal to send all the liberal progressives to the other side of the mississppi River and the conservative stay on this side and both run their side as they see fit. Odds are that the west would be bankrupt while the east would thrive. It would be an interesting and enlightening thing to see liberals put into play their ideology in full force.
The best way to experience the aftermath of socialist/communist rule is visit Russia. In every city, town, and village the infrastructure is crumbing. The cities look over a hundred years old and that includes newer building as well. There is not one place I have seen that is not falling apart as a resut of communist rule. Is this our future?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 02:11 pm
Localguy55@ 1:58

"I once heard of a proposal to send all the liberal progressives to the other side of the mississppi River and the conservative stay on this side and both run their side as they see fit"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 02:13 pm
General question

does anyone think that Carolina Gamecocks are going to win against Arkansaw?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/11/13 - 02:44 pm
Maybe against Arkansas. Never

Maybe against Arkansas. Never heard of Arkansaw.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 03:00 pm
Ha @ 2:44

"Maybe against Arkansas. Never heard of Arkansaw"

Thank-you for your answer! I hope they will win also. I don't have the luzury of cable nor satilight, BUT both Carolina and Clemson are supposed to be on "regular" TV!

So you are a Carolina fan and / or a graduate?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 03:23 pm
Moderate politics is the way to go

There is a lot of anger about the departed soldiers' families not getting their rightfull death benefits. I am angry, BUT I don't see how this can be blamed on ANYTHING but the gov. shut-down. BOTH parties are to blame for the shut-down and the neglect to give out these benefits are because of the shut-down, PERIOD!! There is a lot of anger about the mall and national parks being closed. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that part of the normal shut-down proceedures? As for closing the mall and all of the monuments in Washington, DC, I believe that is totally un-necessary! The Lincoln Memorial was defaced during normal "business" times open for ALL to visit. If The Lincoln Memorial was defaced during this time, then why on Earth close the mall and monuments to the public? People are blaming President Obama; directly; for this mall closier. If these people are correct, then; again; I say it is ALL due to the shut-down! I believe the end of the shut-down will come when The Dems. cave a lot; as usual; and The Repubs. cave a little! Then all that will be left is, if they have an ounze of responsibilty to The American public, they will at least answer as to what the hurt accomplished. As for the reason we have been told for the shut-down, Obamacare, the country is terribly divided on this issue as well!! I look forward to Obamacare because it is supposed to provide "affordable" health insurance to tens of millions of AMERICAN CITIZENS, you remember, OUR FELLOW MAN!! Doesn't it say something in The Bible about this??!! The down side, that I do agree with my opponent conservatives, is the tremendous cost factor the will most surely come with Obamacare. How can it not come with this tremendous cost factor? I have looked at the Obamacare website and I was able to get completely through the personall and financial data part of the application. With even the 60% / 40% plan, the government is going to have to "shell out" lots of money to very low income families!! YES, as an Obamacare supporter, I even have to see this tremendous "down side" of the financial cost to the national budget! To sum it up, Obamacare is the law, so we all may-as-well accept it for better or worse!

localguy55
localguy55 10/11/13 - 03:24 pm
t3bledsoe

"Geographically speaking, there is more land area out west, so there must be more liberals than conservatives."

There are more cockroaches in the world than people also, but that does not stop us from trying to get rid of them. I'd be happy to give you more land if you liberals would just leave. And if by chance the divide did occur conservaitves would end up with the west as well. liberals can't live off each other. They must have conservatives to carry their load as well. If there were nothing but liberals who would work. Noone and they would all starve.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/11/13 - 03:34 pm
localguy55 @ 3:24

"There are more cockroaches in the world than people also, but that does not stop us from trying to get rid of them. I'd be happy to give you more land if you liberals would just leave"

MAN.....You hard liners are ruff today!! BUT seriously, the bleeding heart section of liberals are probaly more responsible for the national debt than the conservatives. I am willing to admit that!

myfather15
myfather15 10/11/13 - 04:53 pm
t2bledsoe

You might also try getting satellite, instead of satilight.

But, on a serious note; you stated "HEY, this isn't Jack234, this is lovable me!! Why is it that you and Angela want to throw me out of the action when ever you both find me "temperarily" reprehensable??!!"

This is the problem; this is just a GAME to you!! It's obvious in your comments that this is just FUN to debate!! This is NOT fun to me!! It's not a meaningless debate when the family of warriors are suffering and this dispicable government is STILL playing political games!! I served in the Marine Corps in Desert Storm. I was in 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Division, Weapons Company, 81mm Mortar Platoon. There is an entire web page devoted to the Warriors of 1st Battalion, 6th Marines who lost their lives, and there have been many!! Several that I personally served with, that stayed in after I got out in 1997.

So, you could say this is a little personal for me!! It's not a game!! When the government could cut the FAT in many different places, where it wouldn't effect people so much, but STILL choose to make it hurt as much as possible; I get damned mad!! Especially when our Warriors and their families are concerned!!

Then these pathetic idiots in Washington want to tell citizens they can't help out, by cutting grass and cleaning during this shut down. I'm beginning to absolutely HATE this government; with a deep hatred!!

localguy55
localguy55 10/11/13 - 06:05 pm
myfather15

Thank you for your service. I served during the carter administration at Ft. Stewart and it was really bad. Just a year out of Vietnam and we were using old equipment from the Korean and Vietnam war. I soon transfered to an Inscom unit in Va. It was better there. I can understand your anger. You have Destructionist Democrats and Disfunctional Republicans. Only a few Republicans are representing us right now and they are the Tea party. If they all got the plague, we would be better off.

myfather15
myfather15 10/12/13 - 05:45 am
localguy55

The sad truth is, I agree with your last sentence completely!! Not theoretically, but literally agree with that last question; and that is the sad part. It's came down to this!! Our government has lied so much, spent so much, had so much corruption, that I would literally wish the plague on them!! It's a sad day!!

chascushman
chascushman 10/12/13 - 08:12 am
"This is the problem; this is

"This is the problem; this is just a GAME to you!! It's obvious in your comments that this is just FUN to debate!!"
Myfather, I agree 100%. It is not a GAME when we have a bunch of Marxists and communists destroying our country.

myfather15
myfather15 10/12/13 - 08:37 am
And the left can lie all they

And the left can lie all they want to about this; but if there was a republican President in office right now, I would still be calling for heads to roll if they allowed this to happen!! A noble Country DOES NOT do this to their Warriors, under any circumstance!!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/12/13 - 10:50 am
Warriors

How about a gov. that WILL NOT fund The Verterans' Admin. to the fullest so charitable groups won't have to be relied on to provide efforts to help veterans with tremendous war related disobilities?

OJP
OJP 10/13/13 - 01:00 pm
This letter and these comments are as

delusional as the Tea Party. The House GOP has caused this. They know it, the Democrats know it, and the American people know it.

Blaming the President for this shutdown is not working because it's not true.

chascushman
chascushman 10/13/13 - 02:00 pm
" They know it, the Democrats

" They know it, the Democrats know it, and the American people know it"
OJP, only the uninformed people agree with your statement. Many are drinking the kool-aid that is being feed by the left-wing media and the lying moron in the WH.

myfather15
myfather15 10/14/13 - 06:03 am
There IS IN FACT, pleny of

There IS IN FACT, pleny of blame to go around for the shutdown. But, during this shutdown there are MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY places they could cut cost's that WOULD NOT, WOULD NOT, WOULD NOT effect the American people this dramatically!!!

Do you understand that OJP? Or is your blind loyalty just to strong??? Obama and his minions are IN CHARGE right now, so THEY decide where cuts must be made. THEY are the ones making cuts where they will HURT THE MOST!!! I didn't blame Obama for the shutdown, but dang right; he is to blame for WHERE these cuts are happening!! He is the CEO and if he didn't want these cuts or didn't KNOW about them, then FIRE the person who allowed them and didn't tell you about them!!! It's that simple and you can't SPIN IT!!!