Republicans are sore losers

Why can’t we start calling this what it is? This Republican shutdown is simply the latest way House Majority Leader John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell are acting out their declaration to make President Obama a one-term president, even if it takes two terms to do it.

So shouldn’t The Augusta Chronicle’s Oct. 4 editorial “A losing wager?” have been titled “Sore losers?” – given that Republicans voted and failed 40-something times to repeal the Affordable Care Act, failed to get the Supreme Court to declare it unconstitutional and now are shutting down the government just to undermine the law?

So instead of celebrating the alleged ignorance of people on the street not knowing that the Affordable Care Act and Obamacare are the same thing, your paper should have long ago done its duty as a member of the Fourth Estate to inform the people that the two are the same.

Don Thomas

Appling

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 03:31 pm
Angela @ 4:19

"t3bledsoe...if the media was the least bit conservative, then why had you not heard of these things"

READ MY PREVIOUS post that was directly to you! You could reach tens of thousands of even liberal readers!

localguy55
localguy55 10/08/13 - 03:32 pm
Would it be interesting to

Would it be interesting to throw a Halloween party and invite all the posters, of coarse dressed in costume. That way we could still keep our anomymity. We could also invite the AJC editors as well.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 03:37 pm
HA @ 4:31

"Tim. You really shouldn't get your news from the opinions pages"

I wish you could know, NOT ONLY the information that you could relate, BUT how much I have every confidence in your abilities! JUST DO IT!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 03:45 pm
localguy55 @ 4:32

"Would it be interesting to throw a Halloween party and invite all the posters, of coarse dressed in costume. That way we could still keep our anomymity. We could also invite the AJC editors as well"

I LIKE the idea of a get together. I HATE that I missed the last one! I don't do the dress up deal. I am kind of tired of the whole anonymity thing. Y'all know my real name and where I live. What else is there?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 03:55 pm
OK people

Kind of at a lull. Probably won't be back tonight. Angela, we aren't going to mail you an invitation, JUST BE HERE TOMORROW!! Had a good day!

localguy55
localguy55 10/08/13 - 04:01 pm
t3bledsoe, unless your user

t3bledsoe,
unless your user name give you away to others it does nothing for me. I don't know you from Adams's house cat. The idea of a cotume is to create another layer of mystery to the mix. In any other setting, especially personal contact, I think our demeaner would be a little different. Here in this forum, we are just like the kids on their phones saying what ever to whom ever and being really rude at times to one another.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 04:43 pm
I'll dress up like something

I'll dress up like something novel and no one would expect like a Jimmy Dean Sausage and Egg Bizkit or something. That way my real identity would be secure. ?:>) But I like the idea. The other would be to dress up like a blood sucker from hell-yep I'll be a politician.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 07:19 pm
Well Humana sent me another

Well Humana sent me another letter to address the confusion. We can keep our present policy for now but premiums will go up Dec 1 about $100. If I switch to a ACA plan my premiums will jump another $400. In any case my premiums will definitely go up dramatically as most will likely-I don't qualify for any subsidies. Further sounds like for a year we can keep our present plan but after that it has to be ACA compliant which means I'll jump from $640 to $1040 for a 7000 deductible plan. I don't see how most families are going to be able to afford such high premiums and deductibles. Although those with pre-existing conditions can't be charged differently the whole insurable pool can be charged more so with all the pre-existing conditions will come costs which everyone will pay. Obama prevented the mandate giving maximums for insurance premiums for a year so insurance companies have carte blanche.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 07:26 pm
62% of Americans want to

62% of Americans want to raise the debt limit but lower spending dramatically. Obama has a law that will raise everyones health care costs and taxes-and still not insure millions. Obama will continue with his unbridled spending which will just tick off more Americans. Although the Rep Party is the Stupid Party I think the Dems may come off as the "Loser Party" because they will likely get their can kicked for hurting so many people A good moderate candidate who could win over conservatives would walk away with any election-leave the minority progressive party to wither on the vine.

KSL
KSL 10/08/13 - 07:47 pm
Where is bledsoe? He needs

Where is bledsoe? He needs to read your comment, Jimmy Dean.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/08/13 - 10:11 pm
Been gone 3 days...

and some things never change!

I like the idea of a Halloween get together!

I could dress up like a zombie, but not just any zombie - a main stream media zombie!

I could wear a tattered MSNBC T-shirt, and a blood speckled CNN hat. I would walk around, and when anyone asked a serious question I could respond with aaaeeooone, and spittle running down my cheek.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/09/13 - 07:28 am
So Obama won't negotiate with

So Obama won't negotiate with House Rep under threat of economic chaos but is willing to negotiate with Iran under the threat of nuclear chaos. The man is at least consistent at being inconsistent in his logic. Makes a big deal about House Rep wanting to delay implementation of the individual mandate while he has unilaterally changed about a half dozen mandates related to the law and is still at it. Ridiculous the man has no brain.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...