Republicans are sore losers

Why can’t we start calling this what it is? This Republican shutdown is simply the latest way House Majority Leader John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell are acting out their declaration to make President Obama a one-term president, even if it takes two terms to do it.

So shouldn’t The Augusta Chronicle’s Oct. 4 editorial “A losing wager?” have been titled “Sore losers?” – given that Republicans voted and failed 40-something times to repeal the Affordable Care Act, failed to get the Supreme Court to declare it unconstitutional and now are shutting down the government just to undermine the law?

So instead of celebrating the alleged ignorance of people on the street not knowing that the Affordable Care Act and Obamacare are the same thing, your paper should have long ago done its duty as a member of the Fourth Estate to inform the people that the two are the same.

Don Thomas

Appling

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 10/08/13 - 09:04 am
Answers

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 07:59 am: “Compromise” does not mean ‘We will not negotiate until you give us what we want’. Look it up.

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:11 am: This is true. But credibility isn’t gained by throwing out one kernel in a handful of pebbles.

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:15 am: It IS the law and President Obama has broken it time and time again, by issuing waivers to groups for political gain. He has no authority to do so.

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:17 am: So, in spite of documented, easily obtainable evidence, you “believe” something someone said to the contrary? Could it be that it’s just what you want to hear?

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:20 am: Without a doubt it is the Democrats and they usually look pretty juvenile doing it. Look at GACopprhed's first post ... Ronnie Raygun? You, yourself, referred to Republicans as ‘hostage-takers’. Now, where have I heard that before?

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:23 am: And how do you know that? Because John Barrow said so? It may, but I’m not so sure. A clean CR gives them nothing to hide behind, like Reid provided in the Senate.

t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 08:26 am: “These scear tactics and fear of being very, very short of health care proffesionals is a load of #%@&**!!” – Can you explain why? Do you have any evidence to back that up? … Bledsoe? … Bledsoe? … Bledsoe?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 09:07 am
nofanofobama @ 8:40

"t3--1]the left constantly refers to us as racist etc"

There is NO REASON to try to denigh it, you are right! ALL PEOPLE, mostly liberals, must start to understand that talking about racism is miles above the old saying, "Never discuss religion, politics, and taxes."

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 09:10 am
gaflyboy @ 9:04

I will read, BUT can't comment on till I read it.

As a side question: Are you a pilot?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 09:19 am
gaflyboy @ 9:04

I can not begin to comment on each item. Being a liberal who tries to stay in the middle; politically; I agree with the majority of your comments. As for the last statement about lack of health care professionals, even though I can't back this up with facts,but in my opinion, With millions of people on Medicare and Medicaid already, if there is ne shortage now, I would not forsee one in the future. In my opinion, the coming tide of shortages is going to be as the population gets older.

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 10/08/13 - 09:37 am
t3bledsoe

In answer to your last two posts: Yes; and we've been reading reports about unprecedented numbers of doctors planning early retirement and students changing their field of study. Hopefully, most doctors go into the profession more for a desire to help people, than any desire for money, but you can't expect anyone to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on an education for a job that barely pays above minimum wage. Even if your opinion that shortage will be due to an aging population is correct, wouldn't the solution be to add doctors, not dissuade them?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/08/13 - 09:43 am
hahah cgee

I see split personality all over the posts for a certain guy.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/08/13 - 09:44 am
What a

"brilliant" post. hemocrats ( the house, senate or presidency) have held the majority since Jan. 2006.

Dixieman
20275
Dixieman 10/08/13 - 10:12 am
Everybody please

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/08/13 - 10:22 am
OK

GOT IT.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 10:36 am
Funny how the Tea Party is a

Funny how the Tea Party is a small group of americans who are categorized as radical and jihadist, yet Progressives who are about the same size (71 Prog. caucus and 49 Teaparty) are depicted as the norm. Progressives are a small group of radical liars and we see Ted Kennedy take a kid named Barak Soetero and turned him into the shadowy figure-Barak Obama. Too bad Ted didn't get to see his dreams come true. If you ever looked in the eyes of Ted Kennedy you could just sense "evil". Yikes gives me chills.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/08/13 - 10:44 am
This appears to be "GAC"'s

This appears to be "GAC"'s answer to ymnbde's question "how can a reduction in the ratio of doctors to patients do no harm?

"Anyway, on to ymnbde's latest question to me. It is my opinion that, just as "capitalists" are opposed to raising the minimum wage, which would help get millions off of the food stamp program and welfare, the doctors will work, because they want the money. If they refuse to take the insurance issued under the ACA, they will have to only take patients who pay cash. How long do you really think it will take until they change their minds?"

Which in actuality doesn't appear to be an answer at all. Doctors will work because they want the money but someone most have their logic screwed if you don't realize that a doctor can only see so many patients in a day and the more patients he/she has the less time they have to spend with each one. What are we cattle, just move them through the chute as fast as you can? I fail to understand this statement "If they refuse to take the insurance issued under the ACA, they will have to only take patients who pay cash. " Is there only going to be ACA or cash payment option. I though we were able to keep our own insurance which may not be under the ACA.

By the way "GAC", I don't believe you ever addressed my question, where in scripture does it say Christ is in all men. This goes back to our conversation concerning whether to give my $20 to the wino standing in front of the liquor store. It appears your opinion is I should give it to him, and mine is more along the lines of swing through a fast good joint and picking him up a burger and giving him that instead of the cash. I believe my option would be more along the lines of being a good steward of God's money.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 10:46 am
SeenitB4 @ 9:43

"I see split personality all over the posts for a certain guy"

NOW, that couldn't be me!! I haven't been diagnosed with that one yet!! (LOL)

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 10/08/13 - 10:48 am
Of course opponents are lying about it, but that doesn't mean

the administration is telling the whole truth. These folks really aren't any better at communication than the Bush team was. A confused public would really like to know why the nation's largest labor unions asking for exemption.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 10:49 am
OK people

We will never make 100 comments today at this rate! Believe it or not, the editorial IS MUCH more controvercial than the title would lead you to believe!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/08/13 - 11:04 am
ICL @ 10:44

"Which in actuality doesn't appear to be an answer at all. Doctors will work because they want the money but someone most have their logic screwed if you don't realize that a doctor can only see so many patients in a day and the more patients he/she has the less time they have to spend with each one"

I JUST DON'T understand all of this negative "HIPE" over shortage of medical professionals! With all due respect to gaflyboy, AGAIN, if there is no shortage now with people on Medicaid and Medicare, I see the shortage coming from an ageing population! YES, I know that Obamacare is just on the horrison, but Obamacare AND AN AGEING population should be a loud wake-up call, to the powers-that-be, that this ALL TOO NARROW pipe-line to become a medical professional MUST BE WIDENED!!

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/08/13 - 11:16 am
T3, do you not count all

T3, do you not count all those who don't have insurance and isn't on medicaid or medicare....what about those people???

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/08/13 - 11:17 am
"there was no name calling,

"there was no name calling, only the truth" Followed by "Ronnie Raygun had some great one-liners....."

How hypocritical can one person be?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/08/13 - 11:19 am
"I answered your question

"I answered your question several editorials ago. Go find it."

No he didn't. If he did, he would be happy to prove you wrong, but he can't.

GACopprhed
GACopprhed 10/08/13 - 11:22 am
This is better comedy than

This is better comedy than any late night writer could ever conceive. If they read conservative posts on here, the jokes would never end. I'm not going to lower myself to telling you where to find my answer, find it yourself, I'm bored responding to the same old same old that gets spouted in here. Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/08/13 - 11:25 am
Don't you just love when

Don't you just love when liberals refuse to prove their statements, and in fact, demand that YOU prove their statements for them. It's really quite pathetic. But it DOES go along with the dependent mentality that seems to be at their core.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/08/13 - 11:25 am
If 14 million people gain

If 14 million people gain health insurance through Obamacare but there will still be 31 million who remain uninsured according to the CBO, there will not be enough students graduating as doctors to replace those retiring and also take of the need for the increase. Also, if Obamacare was created to provide medical insurance for all, why do we still have an estimated 31 million who will remain uninsured?

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 11:29 am
It is pathetic Angela it

It is pathetic Angela it really is. Yawwwwwn!! Oh my apologies. I hate to be rude.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 11:38 am
The ACA is like silly putty

The ACA is like silly putty cause it keeps changing shape. I can't believe with the number of people expecting to enroll in the ACA their on-line services aren't up to the tasks. For the month of April 2013 Amazon handled over 131 million people-so roughly over 4 million a day. Assume our govt needs to address 30-45 million from Oct 1-March 31-what are the odds you think they will accomplish this? Please drop the ridiculous excuses.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/08/13 - 11:38 am
GAC, can you at least respond

GAC, can you at least respond to my request for scripture verification, because I know for a fact you did not answer me. If you don't know or just made up the statement, just admit your mistake and we'll move on....or I guess you could avoid the issue all together and refuse to answer.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/08/13 - 11:39 am
How can we believe the

How can we believe the credibility of a person when they, in the very same post, condemn someone's name calling, then resort to that very same name calling?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/08/13 - 11:40 am
Sure ICL...he answered you.

Sure ICL...he answered you. It's YOUR responsibility to go find it. Didn't you know? Admitting a mistake is not the Democrat way to EVER do anything.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/08/13 - 11:44 am
Well it appears "GAC" has

Well it appears "GAC" has flown the coop again without answering, again. I suppose I got my answer from his/her nonanswer. Actually I already had the answer because I searched the scriptures myself but I just want to see if someone touting responsibilty would actually be responsible....guess not.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 11:45 am
How many govt politicians

How many govt politicians does it take to change a light bulb? Well just one to change it but before it has to go through a committee to decide whether incandescent or fluorescent, then another how many lumens of light, then a committee to decide who changes the bulb. Then, if there isn't a govt shutdown, the bulb will be changed with much pomp and splendor. So it isn't how many just how long? Wait they didn't consider LED so back to committee-dang almost made it. By the time they make a decision light bulbs will have become passé. Course you could have a president who would refuse to execute the change the light bulb law and the bulb not get changed too. Govt in action.

Bizkit
Bizkit 10/08/13 - 11:58 am
In general, it isn't what

In general, it isn't what people say at times but by the manner you can detect seething anger, envy, and bitterness in some folks. Tbledsoe has some interesting views, as a "liberal", but he means no harm and he isn't an angry or bitter person at all. Course it is easy to get up in your own rhetoric and act the fool. I have to admit I like to use inflammatory rhetoric at times to stir the pot and just because I've always liked to see people react to shocking statements or circumstance. I don't lay traps anymore like the ole days.

ymnbde
ymnbde 10/08/13 - 12:01 pm
o'copperhead... aren't you embarrassed

even anonymously embarrassed?
can liberals even get embarrassed?
don't you want to be useful for O'bama?
you're not
there... now my lack of civility matches yours
anyway, how is a reduction in the ratio
of doctors to patients
not going to do harm?

Stormwater fee could be delayed

The commission is taking a look at placing the stormwater fee on property tax bills instead of water bills and delaying implementation beyond a planned July start date, City Administrator Janice ...