Shut down fat salaries

Why is it that every time President Obama talks about the debt ceiling, your health care bill or shutting down the government, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden always use the scare tactic that the people who will be affected the most will be the military, those on Social Security and Medicare recipients?

Let’s try this: We hold back the pay of Obama and Biden, Michelle Obama’s
stipend (I wish I received a stipend that large), Obama’s staff’s pay and Congress’ pay, and see how fast this mess is fixed.

Oh, I forgot – this is George W. Bush’s fault.

May God save America. Some voters don’t have a clue what this country stands for.

Dennis Duguay

North Augusta, S.C.

localguy55
localguy55 10/06/13 - 09:19 am
Dennis,the leeches are

Dennis,
the leeches are allowed to vote in people that will pay them with working American's money. They are ignorant of how this country is supposed to function and frankly they don't care. They are not expected to contribute in any way, they have no responsibilities, and their liberal allies keep them addicted to small living as long as they get their votes.
The only way to change things is to get out and vote liberals and Democraps out.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/06/13 - 10:17 am
lowering costs

Government salaries, ACCROSS THE BOARD, are much to blaim for our debt!! In my opinion, ANY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE who is unwilling to take a pay cut IS UNAMERICAN!!

raul
raul 10/06/13 - 05:54 pm
@t3bledsoe. Would you take a

@t3bledsoe. Would you take a government job, if qualified?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/06/13 - 07:38 pm
raul @ 5:54

My last job WAS AS a federal employee!! YES!! If I had to go back to work, and I was offered a gov. job, I would take it!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/06/13 - 08:40 pm
"Some voters don’t have a

"Some voters don’t have a clue what this country stands for."

I think I USED to know what it stood for but I ain't too damned sure anymore.

RichmanA2
RichmanA2 10/07/13 - 01:48 pm
I'd hate to see the opinion

I'd hate to see the opinion letters AC turned down for this trash. And you people wonder why people are fleeing the area.

Darby
Darby 10/10/13 - 11:31 am
"(I wish I received a stipend that large)"

I'd rather think that I earned whatever money comes my way.

Darby
Darby 10/10/13 - 11:36 am
RichmanA2 - I gather that you feel it's

un-American to object to fat cat public serpents continuing to draw exorbitant salaries even while they lay off people who do the real "grunt" work needed to keep the country moving.

Am I correct?

And out of curiosity, just who are "you people"?

Darby
Darby 10/10/13 - 11:40 am
Well, bledsoe.....

"In my opinion, ANY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE who is unwilling to take a pay cut IS UNAMERICAN!!"

I take that to mean that you believe any private E-nothing soldier, sailor or Marine who doesn't volunteer to take a cut in his/her next to nothing wages is just another Benedict Arnold?

Maybe I misunderstood.

Search for missing teen turns up nothing

Richmond County sheriff's deputies searched the woods near Cross Creek High while a Georgia State Patrol helicopter did likewise from the air for several hours for any clues to the disappearance ...