Who's to blame? The voters

Oct. 1 started a partial shutdown of the U.S. government because of a lack of a budget agreement. Democrats from the president down are blaming the Republicans. Republicans are blaming the Democrats.

This is happening all over this great country – people are wondering why the House and Senate cannot get their act together, and we as a whole blame the “other” party. If you are eligible to vote and don’t vote, then you have no business complaining about what the government does; you obviously don’t really care. If you are like me and vote in every election – and then you wonder why problems such as a government shutdown happen and look to blame someone for the problems – I would advise not to look to Washington and blame the Republicans in the House and Senate, nor to blame the Democrats in the House and Senate.

What I would recommend is for each individual to go look in the mirror. The person looking back at you is who is to blame! We, the American voters, are the ones who keep sending senators and representatives back to Washington time after time and expecting them to change. They won’t change as long as they have it so good. We the voters are the ones who have to do the changing.

Bruce H. Tedford

Hephzibah

KSL
KSL 10/03/13 - 02:58 pm
She is just spelling it the

She is just spelling it the way you used to spell it.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/03/13 - 03:06 pm
GACopprhed. You certainly

GACopprhed. You certainly have been dazzled with the hockey. Can't argue with you there. And feel free to spell mine correctly as well......I use a space.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/03/13 - 03:49 pm
Yeah, KSL...I wonder how it

Yeah, KSL...I wonder how it will be spelled next time he returns after being banned for inability to follow the rules?

After reading the incessant ad hominem attacks from the current poster, it looks like he's well on his way.

GACopprhed
GACopprhed 10/03/13 - 04:09 pm
Humble Angela

And there are none on your part? I guess it depends on your perspective...is it an ad hominem attack if it's true? Please reread many of the posts by conservatives and tell me that there are no personal attacks.
At least I deal with specific statements and attempt to disprove them. tThe majority of conservative posts use insulting respellings of Obama's name, the word Democrat, et cetera et cetera, ad naseum.
I can use Latin also! If I had a dime for the use of the words Kool-Aide, Dimocrat, O'Bumbler alone, I could fund the entire ACA by myself! If you folks don't want personal responses to personal posts, please cease from doing so yourself.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/03/13 - 04:27 pm
Please just read here and may

Please just read here and may be you will get it.......this time.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/03/13 - 04:37 pm
"is it an ad hominem attack

"is it an ad hominem attack if it's true?"

Yes.... if someone lies, and you can prove it, and you call them a liar, your post will be deleted. That is just one of many reasons you can get a post pulled. Maybe you should read the response emails you get when your post gets deleted (actually read them, don't reword them like you did before...as corrected by Sean) and then you can understand the rules of posting here.

GACopprhed
GACopprhed 10/03/13 - 05:21 pm
Humble Angela et al

From this point on, I will flag every disparaging post made. It appears that unless it's blatantly racist, a post by a conservative against a liberal is ok, no matter how offensive, insulting or untrue it is. I will put this to the test.
I have seen almost none of the posters in here put anything backing their opinions in their posts. The best most do is call facts skewed or accuse people of cutting and pasting. I do that, but give credit to the source, and it's the best way to quote something correctly. No Palin didn't say I can see Russia from my house, what she did was to use the ability to see Russia from an island in Alaska as a source of her insights into foreign policy. I think she'd have done better if she had just said you can see Alaska from my house......
By the way, I've had only a few warnings from Sean....and never been banned.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/03/13 - 05:32 pm
Flag away. Sean will decide

Flag away. Sean will decide if you are just flagging because you disagree, or if the rules are actually not being followed. I believe you will be disappointed. I mean, your last post indicates that you don't understand the rules. Disparaging comments are not banned. Calling people "Republiars" IS. (see above post about insulting respellings.)

KSL
KSL 10/03/13 - 07:53 pm
GaCop

Are you implying that only conservatives call names? Or do you actually think it is OK for libs to do it? Are you going to flag them?

Darby
Darby 10/03/13 - 11:19 pm
"Republicans defamed a courageous war hero with lies and slander

in order to win an election, why would it be any different when dealing with the ACA?"

Wondering who on this earth that could be. Could we be talking about John (Band Aids for Purple Hearts) Kerry?

The last Democrat I recall coming close to hero status was John Kennedy and his heroism, although real enough, came AFTER he lost his command, his boat and half his crew.

It's interesting the way Democrat whiners throw out statistics, polls and "facts" constantly without attribution.

The very idea that their White House master might lose even a minor battle to steal a little more money from creative, hardworking Americans drives them to extreme distraction.

It's commendable just how dedicated they are to socialism. Too bad they can't manage to put that much effort into providing for themselves rather than gratefully anticipating crumbs from The Great and Powerful OzBama.

More Americans traveling this holiday season

You might want to get a head start to Grandma's house this year. It appears more Americans - 98.6 million - will be traveling this holiday season than ever.