Lawmaker's values flawed

Wouldn’t it be great to live in a congressional district where you had a congressman who believed in the same values as you? But we have U.S. Rep. John Barrow, who supports Obamacare and seemingly everything the president does.

Well, my older brother, who is 67, already has lost his health care. My health care insurance is increasing in price, not going down. This is not what we were told by President Obama or Barrow. I never thought I would live in Georgia and feel like my representative was from Ohio.

Don’t think it will never happen – it will!

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 10/02/13 - 05:19 am
I would love to have a

deestafford
31943
deestafford 10/02/13 - 07:12 am
We have only ourselves and some "slick game playing"

politicians to blame. In the last elections some office seekers ran as democrats because they thought they couldn't get the vote of some parts of the community if they ran as a Republican. That threw the entire election and runoffs into a tizzy.

The results? A sheriff who out hustled his opponent and an inarticulate, really nice guy as the Republican candidate who got trounced by an I'll-move-anywhere-I-need-to-in-order-to-run democrat.

Let's just hope we don't have overly "smart" game players running for the district seat next year.

jack234
jack234 10/02/13 - 07:41 am
The latest poll shows that

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/02/13 - 07:56 am
Medicare Advantage policies may be gone in GA? Ours is.

The simplest, cost effective version of Medicare coverage.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/02/13 - 07:57 am
Medicare A&B plus prescriptions without additional cost.

Medicare A&B plus prescriptions without additional cost.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 10/02/13 - 09:44 am
jack234 @ 8:41

"The latest poll shows that more people prefer the Affordable Care Act over Obama care!!!"

OF COURSE, even though I am very guilty of calling it Obamacare, The Affordable Care Act IS the law's name. By the way, are you planning on getting it, AND have you tried the web site yet?

jack234
jack234 10/02/13 - 02:43 pm
I already have my own state

I already have my own state insurance with United Health Care and I am keeping it as is my right. But I am so glad that other people I know are able to sign up. I noticed even the president is calling it Obama Care. I know that makes them boil, because Rush and others tried to mock it by calling it that. Like water on a duck's back. The Tea party got the speaker of the house pulling his hair out.

jack234
jack234 10/02/13 - 03:33 pm
The republicans said we

The republicans said we couldn't keep our own insurance. They lied!!
My agent sad they need all the business they can keep and get under the free market system. I will never vote for a republican again as an independent.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/02/13 - 07:35 pm
Truth Matters

"I would love to have a governor, representative and just one senator that share my concerns."

Move to the Socialist Republic of California, you should feel right at home in the cereal state!

KSL
KSL 10/02/13 - 07:39 pm
jack

I doubt you have ever voted for a Republican.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/02/13 - 07:38 pm
jack@4:33

???

There are many, many around this country who are losing their current provider.

Besides, sad agents are counterproductive.

Darby
Darby 10/03/13 - 06:31 pm
Darby
Darby 10/03/13 - 06:34 pm
"I will never vote for a republican again as an independent."

Admit it.. You never did!

Republicans don't give away other people's money.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.