Could God be explanation?

President Obama and others have repeatedly called me and millions of other Americans “flat-earthers” and “science deniers.”

Science is more than just theory. It is the evaluation of evidence. To deny evidence is not science.

The global warming or climate change movement is not about science. It is based on unproven theories, and is about control.

The Washington Post published an article Sept. 23 about global warming and Antarctic sea ice hitting a 35-year record high.

Let’s take a look as some evidence.

Excerpt: “The increasing ice is especially perplexing since the water beneath the ice has warmed, not cooled.”

Comment: Could it be God?

Excerpt: “The polar vortex that swirls around the South Pole is not just stronger … it has more convergence, meaning it shoves the sea ice together to cause ridging.” “But no one seems to have a conclusive answer as to why winds are behaving this way.”

Comment: Could it be God?

Excerpt: “Some point to stratospheric ozone depletion, but a new study published in the Journal of Climate notes that computer models simulate declining – not increasing.”

Comment: When all theories have been proved wrong, what will be left? Could it be God?

Excerpt: “Ultimately, it’s apparent the relationship between ozone depletion, climate warming from greenhouse gases, natural variability, and how Antarctic ice responds is all very complicated.”

Comment: Duh!

When evidence contradicts scientific theory, it is time to consider other theories. When a scientific theory is proved wrong, scientists tend immediately to jump to other conclusions to explain why. A few years ago, similar findings were explained with “It must be El Niño” or “plankton.” The Bible says God created the heavens and the earth. Stephen Hawking says the universe was created through a big bang and is constantly expanding. OK – a big bang of what? And what is it expanding into?

My theory is that God created the universe, and He created it with order, and nature is filled with checks and balances to keep it in order. It is indeed very complicated. I also believe that God created man, and that man is every bit as important as a spotted owl in Oregon.

I’m interested in, and all for, “science,” but only when all the evidence is considered. It’s not about God vs. science. For me, science is man asking, “How did He do that?” and the answers always amaze.

I cannot prove that God exists, but the evidence shows that, in spite of our growing knowledge and dire predictions, Earth remains in order. That God made things so complicated that man is incapable of understanding, doesn’t mean that it is not so.

David Reville

Hephzibah

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 11:27 am
There are lots of stupid

There are lots of stupid posts made-made some myself. So I figure between my stupid comments and the right on ones it all comes out in the wash and I come out even. It is like my friends who love me despite my weaknesses and bad traits-others don't see my good ones because they still despise me for my bad ones. Good friends are hard to come by. LOL.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/30/13 - 11:32 am
Bizkit, yep, good friends and

Bizkit, yep, good friends and the air moving through my lungs is what makes it for me.
"Hold your friends close and your enemies closer".
-Al Pacino, Godfather II
"don't hate your enemies it affects your judgement"
-Al Pacino, Godfather III

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 11:38 am
I've always been fascinated

I've always been fascinated by people-their behaviors and how they live. When I was a kid I thought all my friends and adults were crazy and that I must be an alien from another planet cause none of what they were doing made any sense to me. Course I got the same. Still do come think of it. Dang how freudian with the Bizarro, Bizkit monikers.next will be Spock or The Thing, The man who fell to earth, or Klatu Virada Nicto.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/30/13 - 11:57 am
SeenitB4 usually signs off

SeenitB4 usually signs off for the day with a song. I like her and I love her puppy dog. So I am signing off for the day with a song. This guy is my hero. So much more than a made up god from a made up book.

myfather15
myfather15 09/30/13 - 12:52 pm
Were the Pyramids found in

Were the Pyramids found in Antarctica ever proven real or hoax? I read an interesting article last year about them. Said if they are proven to be real, this cold disrupt everyone's belief, because it would prove Antarctica was a livable area for ancient civilizations; without the technology of warmth, we have today.

But, it would NOT disrupt my belief's in God and the Bible. It would only strengthen them and reinforce them. Because I do NOT believe this earth is only 6000 years old. I've never believed that. As a matter of fact, I believe there was a entire AGE (possibly millions of years) of time before Adam&Eve, where Lucifer's rebelliion occurred. I believe during THIS dispensation of time, we all existed and THIS is when Antarctica was inhabitable. The entire earth was inhabitable then. But that's as far as I'll go with it, because it's to much to explain further in comments.

myfather15
myfather15 09/30/13 - 12:56 pm
GAD

That is the problem, you simply can not help yourself, can you?

You absolutely must make inflammatory comments towards Christians, don't you? You COULD simply say that you don't believe and can't see how people do; but you've got to call the "God" and "Book" that people believe so deeply in, "Made up".

It's absolutely fine for you to disagree with the MAJORITY, and that is your FREE WILL, which I would never attempt to restrict. But thank you for your sensitivity to people and compassion for those you disagree with. You've shown that compassion and sensitivity MANY times; which is exactly why you get into so many heated debates.

You also, even when preparing for a month off; have to call people's world views "Stupid". Why? Because they disagree with YOURS?? If you're taking the month off to reflect on things, maybe you need to reflect a little harder, because you're not starting out well, calling people's views stupid.

myfather15
myfather15 09/30/13 - 12:57 pm
Oh, by the way;

You've got approximately 11 hours left of commenting, since it's not October until tomorrow. So feel free to let it fly!!

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/30/13 - 01:06 pm
MyFather15, I am taking a

MyFather15, I am taking a month long break from commenting. Here is a clip from Bill Maher. Even YOU have to agree with him. He and I believe that your crazy religion is not as crazy as Islam.

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 09/30/13 - 01:27 pm
GAD

Geez! Citing another comedian? Is your month long sabbatical going to be sitting in front of Comedy Central?

I do hope you find rest and relaxation. See you when you return.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/30/13 - 02:11 pm

I had hoped / thought this LTE would have been a little more "debateable".

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 02:25 pm
I think Maher is jerk!

I think Maher is jerk! Called Ben Carson a drooling idiot, that is funny, head of pediatric neuro surgery at John Hopkins a drooling idiot ...Wow and Bill Maher is exactly what???

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 03:58 pm
Bizkit, I to am fascinated by

Bizkit, I to am fascinated by peoples behavior. I am even more fascinated by those who understand it to the point that they can use that knowledge to thier advantage. Great article on a homicide Detective from Colorado Springs who now stars in a show "Homicide Hunter ". Great article?

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 04:27 pm
Bizkit, I to am fascinated by

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 08:50 pm
Christians "prove" God

Christians "prove" God everyday in their witness how God has changed their lives. It's just that simple. God cured me of cancer or saved my marriage or cured my alcohol, drug, sex addiction, blessed me with financial support or business support, given me peace, etc. etc etc etc

Darby
Darby 09/30/13 - 09:36 pm
"....perhaps God is damed tired of the majority of us and

is going to allow us to bring the world to an end!!"

If I had my way, and the resources to do it, I'd provide any human or group of humans on the planet anything they thought they needed and challenge them to destroy the planet.

Confident that they would fail miserably. Man is an insignificant, impotent pimple on the rear end of the known universe.

Man made climate change is nothing more than a way for liberals who can't compete or run a business to make money. Carbon credits anyone?

OJP
OJP 10/03/13 - 07:45 am
The God of gaps.

If your evidence for God is the gaps in our understanding of nature/the universe, His domain will continue to shrink.

Blasting may be heard in Columbia County

Those who hear explosions in the vicinity of Tubman and Scotts Ferry roads in Columbia County today should be aware contractors are blasting in the area.