Could God be explanation?

President Obama and others have repeatedly called me and millions of other Americans “flat-earthers” and “science deniers.”

Science is more than just theory. It is the evaluation of evidence. To deny evidence is not science.

The global warming or climate change movement is not about science. It is based on unproven theories, and is about control.

The Washington Post published an article Sept. 23 about global warming and Antarctic sea ice hitting a 35-year record high.

Let’s take a look as some evidence.

Excerpt: “The increasing ice is especially perplexing since the water beneath the ice has warmed, not cooled.”

Comment: Could it be God?

Excerpt: “The polar vortex that swirls around the South Pole is not just stronger … it has more convergence, meaning it shoves the sea ice together to cause ridging.” “But no one seems to have a conclusive answer as to why winds are behaving this way.”

Comment: Could it be God?

Excerpt: “Some point to stratospheric ozone depletion, but a new study published in the Journal of Climate notes that computer models simulate declining – not increasing.”

Comment: When all theories have been proved wrong, what will be left? Could it be God?

Excerpt: “Ultimately, it’s apparent the relationship between ozone depletion, climate warming from greenhouse gases, natural variability, and how Antarctic ice responds is all very complicated.”

Comment: Duh!

When evidence contradicts scientific theory, it is time to consider other theories. When a scientific theory is proved wrong, scientists tend immediately to jump to other conclusions to explain why. A few years ago, similar findings were explained with “It must be El Niño” or “plankton.” The Bible says God created the heavens and the earth. Stephen Hawking says the universe was created through a big bang and is constantly expanding. OK – a big bang of what? And what is it expanding into?

My theory is that God created the universe, and He created it with order, and nature is filled with checks and balances to keep it in order. It is indeed very complicated. I also believe that God created man, and that man is every bit as important as a spotted owl in Oregon.

I’m interested in, and all for, “science,” but only when all the evidence is considered. It’s not about God vs. science. For me, science is man asking, “How did He do that?” and the answers always amaze.

I cannot prove that God exists, but the evidence shows that, in spite of our growing knowledge and dire predictions, Earth remains in order. That God made things so complicated that man is incapable of understanding, doesn’t mean that it is not so.

David Reville

Hephzibah

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/30/13 - 06:03 am
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/30/13 - 06:28 am
The internal combustion

The internal combustion engine, bulldozers, exposives to blow off the tops of mountains, and other inventions are not nature. Nature was not designed for such an onslaught and has no system of checks and balances when it's overwhelmed and destroyed by man, other than man eventually poisoning his environment to the point it's incompatible with human life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/30/13 - 06:33 am
Greenland? One thing we all

Greenland? One thing we all know for sure is another Ice Age is coming.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/30/13 - 06:43 am
You cannot prove God. You cannot disprove God. FAITH is the key

You cannot prove God. You cannot disprove God. FAITH is the key

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/30/13 - 06:49 am
To the writer: NO. Pick up

To the writer: NO. Pick up an actual science book

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/30/13 - 07:40 am
Book

I need to read Bill OReilly's book before I comment. :)

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 08:01 am
Bodhisattva, I suppose when

Bodhisattva, I suppose when Krakatoa exploded that was? Aw yes NATURE. When the Ice dams in Missoula Montana broke sending billions of gallons of water rushing from Montana to the Pacific that was what? Aw yes NATURE. When a meteor hit Siberia and flattened millions acres of tundra that was what? Aw yes once again NATURE! When an meteor exploded just west of the Nile and turned the area into a glass lake what caused that? GEE, nature again. The giant cauldara we named a national park that had lava flows down much of what we call Idaho was caused by, dang nature! What caused Teutonic plates to smash together forcing mountain peaks like the Himalayas and Rocky mountains to rise was caused by? Tectonic plates pushing past each other rending earth, creating fissures, valleys, lakes and altering rivers and causing earth quakes is done by? Oh heavens, NATURE. In the scheme of things, if you aren't a believer in God we are INSIGNIFICANT as sugar ants.

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 09/30/13 - 08:26 am
Bodhisattva

IF "man eventually poison(s) his environment to the point it's incompatible with human life.", man will cease to exist and the endangered velvet worm lives on. Checks and balances.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 08:29 am
You could argue like the

You could argue like the theistic evolutionist that NATURE is God. God created everything and is in everything, blesses good and bad, and is the beginning and the end. So they argue the big bang, evolution, etc are just the fingerprints of God-or the modus operand. They see a natural rather than supernatural God. Sounds strange but astrobiologist believe all life is cosmic in origin and everywhere, even life on earth may have originated from Mars (something about molybdenum as I recollect). That sounds strange too. Theistic evolution accepts science can explain all the 10 plaques of Moses, but it can't explain the apparent supernatural timing which they see as evidence of God. Then there are the secular people (I can't remember their religion) who don't believe in a real God but believe the belief is biological and healthy so they follow the faith. There are over a thousand religions worldwide so there is a lot of diversity. Just demonstrates the importance of spirituality to we humans.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 08:36 am
Most scientist know humans

Most scientist know humans will be short-lived on this planet compared to other life. Dinosaurs ruled earth for millions of years, and us for thousands. We are doomed is the consensus amongst most scientist. The Bible says we are doomed too. So one more strike and we are out by any ideology.

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 08:41 am
This I find kinda interesting!

http://iceagenow.info/2013/08/2899-record-cold-temps-667-record-warm-temps/. 2,899 record cold temps and just 667 record hot temperatures. HMMMMM

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 08:42 am
Bizkit, the Bible doesn't say

Bizkit, the Bible doesn't say we are doomed, it gives the hope of eternal life with God through Christ' atonement on the cross!

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 08:44 am
Oh never mind

Those record temperatures are due to bad sea ice, all the good artic and Antarctic ice is gone!

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 08:44 am
Atheist prove God doesn't

Atheist prove God doesn't exist every day, but Christians also prove God does exist every day. Sounds like two people describing the same crime incident but with completely different perspectives.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 08:47 am
I was referring to "mankind"

I was referring to "mankind" being doomed. Revelations. We won't be human like we are now in Revelations. Mankind as we know it will be destroyed and all who rejected Christ will taste the second death. There will be a new blend of heaven and earth and we will have new bodies.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 09:01 am
What I find fascinating is

What I find fascinating is the death and disappearance of Christ. The majority of jews didn't believe he was the messiah and would have endlessly looked for his body, the Romans knew of the jewish myths and resurrection story and would have also spent great efforts to find the body. Now you could argue he was never crucified, and it was someone else. So we have the tales of all those who saw (the resurrected) Christ but we also have those who saw him ascend into heaven. So where's the body, and explain the resurrection and ascension. I know it's all made up because it is written in a book. So is everything made up that is written in a book. Yes by man-who physically wrote the books. Sheesh.

grouse
grouse 09/30/13 - 09:21 am
The letter writer has a

The letter writer has a problem with logic, cause-and-effect, and introducing suppositions that are not supported by any evidence...

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 09/30/13 - 09:47 am

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/30/13 - 09:48 am
This LTE

For a Believer, there is absolutely nothing else to say but GREAT LETTER!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/30/13 - 09:55 am
Both sides of the arguement

I have read this LTE, and I would like to think that I am intelligent enough to understand it. I have also read and heard the opposing theories. I say that both sides could be right in that, even though it may be un-thinkable, perhaps God is damed tired of the majority of us and is going to allow us to bring the world to an end!!

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 10:19 am
This is true. I have two

This is true. I have two friends whose sons served in Iraq. Both experienced miraculous survival stories. One son has great faith like his father and explained the miraculous event as God. The other like his father-just lucky. It is like the Story of Pi. Now statistically right now the odds are an American would explain it as "God", but we do have a minority view of just lucky too. Now I'm not equating that just because the majority believe it was "God" that is true-no more than you would equate just because 99.9% of Biological scientist believe in evolution mean that is true. But myself I agree with both. hee,hee,hee.

carcraft
carcraft 09/30/13 - 10:23 am
t3 bledsoe, I think God is

t3 bledsoe, I think God is still In charge and will allow things to happen, man in his conceit well believe he is driving events when actually God is orchestrating the whole deal!

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/30/13 - 10:24 am
I am taking the month of

I am taking the month of October off from commenting. So I'll let this guy comment for me. He is a modern day prophet in my eyes. Do we wonder why Europe is so far ahead of us?

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 10:37 am
Right Europe is ahead of us

Right Europe is ahead of us in everything and we have done nothing? Are you kidding. Progressives and their penchant for Europe and for everything to be like Europe. Even Wikipedia describes the Progressive movement in terms of their penchant for wanting to be like Europe. Now Europe is great I travel their every few years, but there is no comparing America to anyplace. We are like Babylon with our wealth, success, and power. The comedian has a right to his opinion and world view-no matter how fringe his beliefs.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/30/13 - 10:44 am
No comment from me. But they

Who said they are ahead of us in everything? But no comment from me. I am taking the month of October off. I am having guest commenters. But Europe does make fun of us.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 10:50 am
Dang GAD don't do that- it is

Dang GAD don't do that- it is like throwing down the gauntlet to prompt me to goad you into commenting (I can't help it I love to stir the soup). I respect your hiatus-I did it for a few years. Sorry if I am tempting you. Yeah we make fun of Europe too-especially Greece and France (I love both). Just ignore my comments. Hey it isn't October yet so you can still comment. Tomorrow the govt shuts down and you too. Maybe I'll join you because I've been wasting too much time here lately.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 09/30/13 - 11:03 am
Bizkit, it is all good! I

Bizkit, it is all good! I got too emotionally involved in a couple of articles. Sean told me to calm down and I had to take a long look at myself. So my thanks to Sean for reminding me that stupid people on here don't run my life. I am going to spend October watching the baseball playoffs. My giants had a HORRIBLE year so my teams are the A's in the AL and the BRAVES in the NL. If they can knock off those evil dodgers. By the way, this story is a couple days old. Athens Banner Herald reported on it. Why not the Augusta Chronicle?

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 09/30/13 - 11:12 am
GAD

You only think that Europe is ahead of us because your prophet is a comedian.

In fact Europe is ahead of us. Science-wise, they are already giving up on windmills and solar power and except for Londonstan, they are beginning to fight back against the implementation of Sharia.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 11:14 am
GAD been there. So I admire

GAD been there. So I admire your preemptive choice-I let it go too far and got myself banned for allowing myself to be drawn into being a moronic fool a number of years ago. Dang I hate when I do that. Sean is a righteous dude if you ask me-gives good advice and is fair.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/30/13 - 11:21 am
I like the comment section

I like the comment section because it gives me a flavor of real opinions of folks that live in the area. At first I was shocked, then thought it was funny, then scared for awhile, but now its all good. Although some still scare me. But to be fair I think I scare some posters. I don't know why I'm a teddy bear.

Nunn gains in Senate race, poll says

ATLANTA -- The closer the election gets, the harder it is to tell who is going to win, according to a poll released today showing the races for governor and the Senate effectively tied.