Is this really King's dream?

Regarding Joseph Diggs Sr.’s letter “King’s dream unrealized” (Sept. 2), let me make sure that he realizes that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had no dream – he had a nightmare!

Voting should be only for people – white or black – who own land/homes; pay property taxes, school taxes and income taxes; and contribute to the economy, and do not sit on their butts and expect the taxpayers to support them. Freeloaders should have no say-so in what I am expected to pay and support. They are leeches. They should get off their butts and get jobs, support themselves and then vote.

President Obama is a leech himself, and does not represent the majority of taxpaying citizens. The Voting Rights Act was a scheme to buy votes from blacks for the Democrats and circumvent states’ rights – and see what a mess this has caused.

If you want to celebrate the anniversary of Dr. King’s speech then give me the same right to celebrate the birthdays of Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis, and have just as much news coverage as this womanizing troublemaker. They were by far greater people than he ever was. If the news media gave half the coverage to the rights and history of whites and Southern heritage as they do blacks, you would hear all kinds of screams of racism. Now who are the racists?

As for Mr. Diggs’ military service that he mentioned, he got paid for it!

As for President George W. Bush and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas not being at the anniversary celebration of the gut-wrenching speech, God bless them.

Don Turner

Grovetown

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 01:10 pm
HA @ 11:47

"Try not to take this the wrong way Tim. What SEEMS to be the case, is that over your life, you have been programed to accept that any dealings that White people have with non-white people, where the non-white people get less than favorable results, it was because the white people were being racist. It's ok....it is the way liberal public schools have intended it"

SEE, YOU HAVE already started "copping an attitude"!! I am becoming convinced that you try to see just how far you can "bait" me into saying something that will give you cause to say "good-day" or "I can't take this anymore"!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:14 pm
How is an honest observation

How is an honest observation considered "copping an attitude." There has to be a reason you see racism, yet can't point to a single racist thing. I'm just trying to figure it out.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 01:20 pm
Bizkit @ 11:48

"should realize that by comparison we should all strive to be asian who seem to be best at about everything"

I don't know if that is a racial remark or not, BUT it could not be any more correct!! Perhaps the schools see teaching ANYTHING but math, science, and computers IS A WASTE OF TIME!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 01:25 pm
HA @ 1:14

"How is an honest observation considered "copping an attitude." There has to be a reason you see racism, yet can't point to a single racist thing. I'm just trying to figure it out"

Don't hurt yourself! (I kid, I kid) The way I see this LTE as racist is because of THE TOTAL over-tone of the wording. Compairing Lee and Davis (IN A GOOD LIGHT) to King as a womanizer, has GOT TO be racist in anyones' eyes!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:34 pm
Those comparasons have

Those comparasons have NOTHING to do with race. Just becaue you say something bad about a person who isn't white does NOT mean you are saying it BECAUSE they are not white. This is EXACTLY the programming I was trying to tell you about....that you seem to think is "copping an attitude."

" Compairing Lee and Davis (IN A GOOD LIGHT) to King as a womanizer, has GOT TO be racist in anyones' eyes!!"

WHY?
Why does that just HAVE to be racist? There isn't anything racist about it.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:35 pm
Saying that someone can't

Saying that someone can't render a fair verdict in a trial BECAUSE they are white is what's "got to be racist in anyone's eyes."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:36 pm
Just stop and think for a

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 01:41 pm
HA @ 1:36

"Just stop and think for a minute next time you think something is racist. REALLY think..."is this really racist, or is it just that I was taught to think it is racist?""

First, are you now a psychologist? Second, "Give me your diffenition of what a racist is." OH...The Zimmerman case AGAIN??

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:52 pm
When you judge someone's

When you judge someone's abilities based solely on the color of their skin, that would be racist. That's one definition.

And no...I'm not a psychologist....I'm just trying to figure out why you keep seeing racism where there is none. Calling MKL a womanizer (Which was first accused by Ralph Abernathy...a black man) may be disrespectful, but it is NOT racist. Refering to Lee and Davis in a good light CERTAINLY isn't racist, because they were good men.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 01:54 pm
How about this

"They were by far greater people than he ever was."

This isn't racist? I don't think this guy was old enough to remember Lee and Davis, Yet he compairs them (as great) to MLK's (not being so great).

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:59 pm
How is it racist? Can't

How is it racist? That statment doesn't even HINT at race...just the greatness of people. Can't someone be a better person? What about that statement is racist?

I wasn't alive when any of the three men lived, yet I still know about them. Lee graduated from West point without a single demerit.

I'm sure there were better men that Lee, Davis, and King...does that make me racist?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 01:58 pm
"I don't know if that is a

"I don't know if that is a racial remark or not, BUT it could not be any more correct!! "

So agreeing that asians are better at everything (a racial generalization) ISN'T racist, but saying someone was a far better man than MLK is. How does that make sense.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 02:00 pm
HA @ 1:56

"I wasn't alive when any of the three men lived, yet I still know about them. Lee graduated from West point without a single demerit"

FIRST, you are pretty young. Second, You win!! Now let's argue about the Asian race and what Bizkit thinks about them.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 02:03 pm
Actually I think Bizkit's

Actually I think Bizkit's statement WAS a bit racist. Statistically speaking, Asians score better in school.....but is it because they are Asian? No. If you use that logic, you are forced to accept that since statistically Blacks commit more crime than other races, therefore they are doing it because they are black.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 02:04 pm
HA @ 1:58

"So agreeing that asians are better at everything (a racial generalization) ISN'T racist"

Finally a subject that probably has scientific data to prove, although I don't have any at hand.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 09/26/13 - 02:11 pm
Notice

how noone touched the truth but T3bledsoe. It's HOT like FIYA!

Everything else seems to be nothing but babble.

Yes free basing cocaine touched many ethnicities......ask yourself, WHY are minorities punished more severly than others?

And YES the CIA is involved...no its not a consipracy, it's TRUTH. Read a book and talk to people not from nor living in America...

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/26/13 - 02:16 pm
Excuse me, everyone, but

I need to run to the store and pick up some cheese to go with all that

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/26/13 - 02:18 pm
OK HA, you win it all today

I know what I know and you know what you know and I guess that's where it ends for now. Maybe one of the better liberals will show up to argue better then I have today!! I bet you are great at chess, too!!

Check back later.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 09/26/13 - 02:29 pm
MLK had many

flaws but worked very hard to accomplish a "dream". Unlike his sycophants, lowery, lewis, young and jackson who aren't worthy to even clean his shoes. Those morons sap the life from all of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s. "dreams".

justthefacts
22068
justthefacts 09/26/13 - 02:29 pm
how noone touched the truth but T3bledsoe.

The Truth? I don't think you could handle the real truth.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/26/13 - 02:41 pm
Ok I think I have it now....

based on tbledsoe's definition...If I say that Babe Ruth was a better hitter than Barry Bonds I'm a racist and if I say they were both better than Sammy Sosa I hate immigrants? Gee this racism thing is pretty easy to figure out....

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 02:49 pm
GnipGnop....my head hurts

GnipGnop....my head hurts when I try to figure out what a liberal thinks is racist. Best I can figure, their definition of a racist is this:

Racist:- Noun. A person who is white.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/26/13 - 02:59 pm
I can say this without any doubt at all

There is true racism in America. It is not perpetrated by just white people. the sad truth is that the racism card is played so much when not warranted that it is ignored sometimes when it is warranted. You can thank Jesse and Al for that. Racism against either race is horrible and should be exposed. Until people can admit that all races can do it and learn what the real difference between racism, stupidity and the unwarranted playing of the racism card this discussion will go on with no clear answers and a even more diluted solution....

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 09/26/13 - 03:07 pm
Real truth. Humor me.

Try me.

If its not PC, e-mail me.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 09/26/13 - 03:08 pm
GNIP - Which race created

GNIP - Which race created this whole "race problem?"

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/26/13 - 03:38 pm
That's easy the human race

That's easy the human race started this "race problem" and we got a long history of various "races" that have tried to rule the world.
Now the "asian" reference is an example of racism where comparing various races by IQ, color vision, longevity, etc there are differences (more likely an ecological fallacy that shows asian are best at all three) because we know from the human genome project that we humans are more alike than any species on the planet with little diversity. We made a mountain outta a mole hill. There is more genetic diversity within a given so called "race" than between any of them. There are just ethnicities and populations. The premise behind those studies are false so comparing IQ etc is useless. I do believe that hispanics and asians now suffer racism more than blacks in America because people turn a blind eye to it and just concentrate on the more politically correct "black racism" issue.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/26/13 - 03:38 pm
Tell us...just who created

Tell us...just who created the whole race problem? How far back do you want to go?

burninater
burninater 09/26/13 - 03:48 pm
Thankfully, our younger

Thankfully, our younger generations have experienced a sea change in the experience of diversity, both in person, and on social media. It's been a long time coming, but we're closer than ever to being a postracial society.

I understand that for many, thinking in racial terms is a major component of their very self identity. It's how they were raised, and what they were surrounded by. But the younger generations are finally beginning to really get it right. How? By excluding the stupidity of a race-minded worldview, isolating it like a pack of rabid dogs. They're smart enough to know you can't cure rabid, so you may as well let it go off in its corner, attacking itself in its mindlessness until, little by little, it dies its miserable death.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/26/13 - 03:58 pm
Great post Burn and so true-I

Great post Burn and so true-I raised my kids to be accepting of all ethnicities. I have an older brother however who is still rooted in racism. But I clearly see the tide changing with our youth so I see a bright future too. Their worldview is so different from ours with cell phones and the internet and racism probably seems distant and more like a historical footnote of long ago (because they don't remember segregation, racial riots, etc.). I remember living with the fear of nuclear annihilation as we sat under a desk. Now a nuclear threat seems like a mythical fairy tale of it can't really happen.

myfather15
myfather15 09/26/13 - 04:14 pm
Internationallyunknown

"Were black people and white people dealt the same hand throughout history?"

Since you did say "Throughout" history; and didn't specifically mention United States history; the answer to this question would be a resounding......YES!!

If you learn about WORLD history, every ethnicity of human being as been in slavery THROUGHOUT history. Slavery did not begin in the United States, but in the middle east and Africa!! It's was practices thousands of years prior to the United States becoming a Country and it started with those we call "minorities" today, being the slave owners THEN!!