Heaven has no short cuts

I am awestruck that Pope Francis would say or imply that you do not have to believe in Christ or worship God to go to heaven – that if you “know good from evil” you have a free pass. We are not here to allow people to tell us that your sin is more important than our faith.

The pope also said atheists can go to heaven if they meet “certain moral obligations.” This is wisdom bringing confusion to a crowd of ignorance – ignorance of common sense and the facts. Where comes the faith and responsibility of Scripture? Is the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ now deemed meaningless? If atheists can take a short cut to heaven, why not the lowly murderer? He can say that he knows good from evil and chooses evil; will he go to heaven?

Evil has no logic so the pope’s comments can only come to an illogical conclusion that the old 1980s animated film was right – that all dogs can go to heaven.

WalterBradfordCannon
WalterBradfordCannon 09/27/13 - 10:43 am
No, you admitted you unfairly

No, you admitted you unfairly and illogically discriminate against women and gays, and defended it by saying God says that's the way it should be. I disagree that God says that's the way it should be, and even if he did I would still disagree that over-riding the Golden Rule when it comes to women and gay people is appropriate.

You have this general confusion that you believe the Bible is the word of God, whereas in reality it is the word some spiritual people wrote about what they believed God was about. The gospels are different, they describe the actions of the son, and there is a HUGE difference in the fallibility of the two sets of scriptures. You will respond to this by saying I am picking to follow some sets of scriptures and reject others, but every person does this. You cannot find many Christian churches that ban women from speaking, for example, nor can you find many that ban clothes made from wool and linen, or that will stone gay people and adulterers. All these scriptures are ignored by the vast majority of Christian churches, or are modernized to versions compatible with our society today.

All I am saying is that you are behind the curve on modernization of your views on women and gay people. Following the teachings of Jesus, and truly believing that all the law must flow from his two commandments is the way, and it is my sincere hope that you will someday come to this realization, and in the meantime I will forgive you for your sins against me and against many, but I will defend the righteous that you persecute with your unfair discrimination in the name of the Father.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/27/13 - 11:08 am
"No, you admitted you

"No, you admitted you unfairly and illogically discriminate against women and gays,"

Where and how did I discriminate against women and gays? Actually I've not discuss gays except that scripture says it is a sin. Only thing I said about women is that scripture sets some guidelines on duties of women in the church and how they are suppose to be their husband's helpmate and to have modest behavior.

I'd really like to know how that is discriminating?

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/27/13 - 11:06 am
'I disagree that God says

'I disagree that God says that's the way it should be, and even if he did I would still disagree..."

So you disagree with God......that says it all right there WBC. It doesn't matter what God says, only what WBC thinks. Perfect!

WalterBradfordCannon
WalterBradfordCannon 09/27/13 - 11:24 am
No, it all follows from a

No, it all follows from a love of God and application of the Golden Rule. The two commandments of Jesus. What I think has nothing to do with it. If you find yourself persistently engaging in practices that violate the Golden Rule, like denying women the opportunity to preach in church, or denying gay people the right to get married, you need to think carefully about what you would want others to do to you, if you had been born a women or a gay person, instead of the person you are. All the law and the commandments flow from the Golden Rule. Don't get hung up on the specifics of how the two commandments of Jesus were interpreted thousands of years ago by people with other daily concerns and different levels of scientific knowledge. Think about how they should be applied today, and you will be able to walk through life following more closely in the ways of the Son.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/27/13 - 12:03 pm
WBC, you're so hung up on the

WBC, you're so hung up on the "golden rule" you forget what Christ said was the greatest commandment

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Our first obligation is to love God, obey His commandments and live according to His Word so that we can be Holy because He is Holy.
The second is love they neighbor as thyself....which does not mean to overlook the teachings of Christ. It appears that your view is, it doesn't matter what Christ says so long as we decide what is right and wrong according to how we feel.

You stated it doesn't matter what you think but earlier you contradicted that by saying " I disagree that God says that's the way it should be, and even if he did I would still disagree that over-riding the Golden Rule when it comes to women and gay people is appropriate."

So in otherwords, what you believe is more important and even if God said women should not be teachers over men but to teach their children, be modest, and attend to the poor and needy, you would disagree with God.

No where have I disrepected women or gays. I have stated what the Holy Scriptures says concerning sin, leadership in the church, and if you disagree, that is between you and God. I disagree with you, but not my cross to bear. Good Day

WalterBradfordCannon
WalterBradfordCannon 09/28/13 - 06:54 am
I have stated what the Holy

I have stated what the Holy Scriptures say regarding our approach to treating others, and its importance in leading all other law. I have stated, repeatedly, that I feel this approach extends to women and homosexuals, who should be equal in certain rights to men and heterosexuals, and that this is fully supported by the Holy Scripture. You choose to disobey the direct guidance of Jesus and follow that of Paul instead. That is your choice. But both choices are reasonably supported by the Holy Scripture.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/28/13 - 09:58 am
You have stated....But you

You have stated....But you have stated incorrectly. The Golden Rule extends to all people but this scripture is not about the rights of women being preachers or the acceptability of homosexual behavior.

Scripture has clearly stated that God has ordained the husband to be the spiritual leader in the church and in the household and not the woman. Although there are some woman who are ordained ministers, and very good ones, it is not how God ordained it from the beginning. Just as with divorce, God stated divorce is wrong but because of our hard hearts and sinfulness, Moses allowed it. Doesn't mean God approves, only that it is what it is today because of sin. Likewise, God stated sexual immorality is a sin and nothing will change that to make it okay. Yes we have homosexuals in our society but sin is still sin. Our society may state one day that this is the norm but according to God's Law it will always be sin.

I believe it is you who is disobeying the direct guidance of Jesus and you are incorrect in saying both of these are supported by Holy Scripture. Scripture has been quoted to disprove you, but you choose to ignore them. Doesn't make the truth go away.

Following the Golden Rule does not mean we allow people to go against the teachings of Christ and approve of it. The Golden Rule means we love others as Christ loves us. Christ loves us enough to lay down his life for us, Christ loves us enough to correct us when we are wrong, Christ loves us enough to show us the way to righteousness. Love does not mean, my rights mean more than obedience to God.

This is my last comment on this subject. I seriously doubt your or mine opinion will change. To me the whole Word of God is inspired by the Holy Spirit and that we are to follow ALL of His teachings. You, it appears only follow 4 books of the Bible and discard the rest. John states, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is not the only Word of God, it is the entirety inspired context of scripture, the whole Bible that He gave to us through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

WalterBradfordCannon
WalterBradfordCannon 09/28/13 - 07:57 pm
Again, you choose

Again, you choose specifically not to follow the two commandments of Jesus, and instead prioritize the teachings of Paul that say that women should be considered inferior to men when it comes to preaching and working in the household. You similarly choose not to follow the two commandments of Jesus, and instead prioritize the teachings of Paul when you consider homosexuals to be inferior in rights to heterosexuals. Those are YOUR interpretations of the proper way to follow scriptures, and they are different from MINE. I prioritize the teachings of Jesus, as I am a Christian, and have maintained this viewpoint for many decades. It has served me well, and I see nothing to gain in God's kingdom from beginning to deny certain rights to women and homosexuals now.

impossible
impossible 09/29/13 - 04:03 pm
Those are YOUR interpretations of the proper way to follow scrip

Mr. Cannon, probably without intending to do so, nails it by illustrating the babel (babble) created when every man decides to clothe himself in the charism of infallibility. That's why we have ended up with an ever increasing number of denominations with their own rendition of "reality."