Heaven has no short cuts

  • Follow Letters

I am awestruck that Pope Francis would say or imply that you do not have to believe in Christ or worship God to go to heaven – that if you “know good from evil” you have a free pass. We are not here to allow people to tell us that your sin is more important than our faith.

The pope also said atheists can go to heaven if they meet “certain moral obligations.” This is wisdom bringing confusion to a crowd of ignorance – ignorance of common sense and the facts. Where comes the faith and responsibility of Scripture? Is the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ now deemed meaningless? If atheists can take a short cut to heaven, why not the lowly murderer? He can say that he knows good from evil and chooses evil; will he go to heaven?

Evil has no logic so the pope’s comments can only come to an illogical conclusion that the old 1980s animated film was right – that all dogs can go to heaven.

Comments (107)

Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 02:23 pm
0
1

It's people like you, that

It's people like you, that want to ignore the Old Testament laws; or at least the ones you don't like, who are confusing people. Claiming Christ didn't say anything about homosexuality, when He didn't have to, because it was ALREADY written.

Some people say Christ did away with the Old Testament laws, but it's not so. He did away with the blood ordinance or punishments but NOT the law itself.

Matt 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

The ONLY thing to change was the ordinances and punishments for those infractions. We no longer have to do animal sacrifices or blood punishments; because Christ was the final blood sacrifice of all time and HIS blood was sufficient for ALL.

In Matt Chapter 13, the parable of the tares explains this very well. The tares are the bad people and the wheat is the good. He tells us specifically to leave them alone, don't harm or touch them. Let them grow along with the wheat, then HE will do away with them at the harvest time. But this does NOT mean we are to let them walk all over us, use us a doormats and push THEIR agenda upon us!! Leftists CLAIM we are pushing our religion upon them; which is NOT true. But if it were true, are they not doing the same thing? Pushing their religion or lack thereof, upon the entire Country?

In a Country where 80% still claim Christian as their religion, but we can't have the 10 Commandments displayed ANYWHERE in public? We can't have public school prayer, with those who want to abstain, doing so freely? How is a simple display, FORCING you to worship our God? How is OTHERS praying in school, forcing a religion? How is a Cross on the side of the road, establishing a State mandated religion? It's NOT!!

You can twist and intentionally misuse scripture all you want; but it doesn't make it fact. A little common sense will snuff out the confusion every time. That's the problem with the athiest left; they must confuse people and their thought process. But those who let the truth smoothly slid from their tongue; they don't have to confuse anyone. Common sense will prove their point for them; and the Word will confirm it.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/25/13 - 02:32 pm
1
1

You missed the part where he

You missed the part where he changed the law on divorce. I forgive you.

Also, when Jesus said all the law and the prophets stem from his two commandments, he meant it. That does not mean to ignore the Old Testament law - it means the Old Testament Law is derivative of loving God first and most, and obeying the Golden Rule. Things have changed quite a bit in 2000 years, and we now have a clear understanding that people are born with their sexual orientation. By applying the Golden Rule, from which all the law and the prophets come, we know that classifying people who have different sexual orientations differently is wrong. There is no clear way that Paul or the writers of Leviticus would have taken this point of view, because it was not well understood that sexual orientation is prenatally determined when those writings occurred. I am absolutely not ignoring the writings of Paul or of the Old Testament. Jesus said all the law and the prophets governing our interactions with others stems from the Golden Rule. That means gay people should have the same rights as everyone else. I may not be the same as a gay person, but we are equal in the eyes of God, and we should be equal in our rights under law

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 02:27 pm
0
1

Athiests and their pushing of

Athiests and their pushing of this Country more and more secular, are going to far and one day, they will feel the backlash!!

Yes, I know they believe they are winning and the Country is becoming more secular every day; and with the college professor's today, indoctrinating our youth, it's possible.

But, Christian people are simply good, quiet people who just want to be left alone. They are like the sleeping dog on the porch, who wants nothing more than to be left alone to enjoy his nap. Then you come up and start kicking him, well I promise you, you can only kick him for so long before he will bite!! There is a lot of bite left in this sleeping dog.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 02:34 pm
0
1

Echoes86

"How can the Pope, a man who clearly believes in God, be an atheist? That makes no sense."

If you choose to believe every word that comes out of a MAN'S mouth, then good for you; but I do NOT!!

Anyone can tell you they believe in God and claim to be a of or from God; but "By their fruits, ye shall know them."

God NEVER intended for us to place men on such high pedestals. As a matter of fact, he never intended for there to be Kings over men. MANKIND is who decided they wanted a King to rule over them. God even told them what a King would do to them and how he would treat them, but they still wanted a MAN to rule them, someone they could see. Well, they got what they deserved, they got Saul!!

Anyway; the Pope is JUST a man, nothing more. He puts his pants on just like me. I will give him reverence for the good things he does, but that's it!! I will NOT put him or any other man on a pedestal, above any other man.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 02:40 pm
0
1

"Things have changed quite a

"Things have changed quite a bit in 2000 years, and we now have a clear understanding that people are born with their sexual orientation."

No, YOU have a clear understanding and maybe those who believe as YOU do.

We have a clear understanding people are born gay, about like we have an understanding that global warming is without question, factual, the evolution THEORY is 100% factual, aliens are actually factual (I've seen scientists actually say this); and all the other "Factual" finding that MEN scientists say exist.

Oh, but let's not mention all those "crackpot" scientists who DENY all those theories.

So, let me get this straight, If a left wing, athiest scientist says something is "Factual" then it must be; but if another scientist says it's not actually fact, they are morons. Sound about right? We should only listen to left wing, liberal scientists and if we do so; the world will be a much better place. I got it!!

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 03:06 pm
0
1

"By applying the Golden Rule,

"By applying the Golden Rule, from which all the law and the prophets come, we know that classifying people who have different sexual orientations differently is wrong."

First of all, He didn't say all law "comes" from this rule. He said "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Why? Because if you follow these two laws, you WILL be following the rest. Because if you love and respect God, you will NOT intentionally lead a lifestyle in direct contradiction to His teachings. If people really DID love their neighbor, as themselves; it would dramatically reduce the worlds problems, if not eliminate them!! If everyone loved their neighbor as themselves, you wouldn't have murder, stealing, rape, child molestation, drug dealing, or anthing else.

The fact is, it was a LAWYER that came to Him and asked Christ this question. The lawyer was trying to TRICK CHRIST, into saying one commandment is greater than the other. Christ ALWAYS gave the best answer possible in every situation. How is this answer the best possible? Because if you follow these two LAWS, you will automatically be following ALL the others. This answer actually included every other law!!

"Jesus said all the law and the prophets governing our interactions with others stems from the Golden Rule."

I suppose your forgetting about the law that mankind is not to lie with mankind.

"That means gay people should have the same rights as everyone else. I may not be the same as a gay person, but we are equal in the eyes of God, and we should be equal in our rights under law"

Yes, of course; EVERYONE is equal in the eyes of God, correct? Pornagraphers, pedophiles, theives, rapists, etc. They are al God's children and equal, right?

Oh, I suppose that's why He destroyed an entire city and area (Sodom and gomorrah).

Oh, I guess that's why He says in Corinthians 6:10 "Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Home study; might want to check out that word revilers in the ancient Greek language.

Or Revelations 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Wow, certainly sounds like everyone is equal in His eyes, doesn't it?

Abominable?? Wait, what's abominable? loathsome: extremely repugnant or offensive.

Well, if GOD says something is an abomination to HIM!! Then he says the abominable are going to the lake that burneth with fire and brimestone......Hhhhmm, I don't think I would want to commit that abomination He described. Now, which abomination would that be? Let me think for a minute.

Well, doesn't sound like they are all equal to Him after all!!

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 03:14 pm
0
1

Walter

You are on dangerous ground my friend. You're not only advocating behavior that is contradictory to Biblical teachings, but you're leading people astray by saying it's perfectly FINE with God that they do so. You're not correcting them and telling them they need to change, you're encouraging them to continue their behavior, under the disguise that it is perfectly fine with God. I honestly wouldn't do that, but hey; to each his own.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/25/13 - 05:39 pm
1
1

myfather15, I am confused.

myfather15, I am confused. First you say that if you follow the two commandments of Jesus, you will automatically follow the others (btw, I agree). Then you say that there is some other law that man is not to lie with man. I don't recall Jesus saying anything about this other law, although it does appear in Leviticus and the writings of Paul. Now, either that follows from the Golden Rule, or not. And you are right, I am absolutely, 100%, saying that were Jesus alive today, he certainly would not advocate treating gays as second class citizens. To me, this follows clearly from two points. 1) People are born gay or straight, it is not a choice AND 2) Jesus says to follow the Golden Rule. How can anyone advocate treating someone with inferior rights because of how they were born? That is unfair discrimination. BTW, I feel the same way about how to treat women, even though Paul says it is shameful for them to speak in a church.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/25/13 - 06:26 pm
1
1

The problem I see here is WBC

The problem I see here is WBC says he follows the teaching of Christ but Christ said the Holy Spirit would be sent so that his apostle would remember His teachings and scripture states the Word of God was written by man but inspired by the Holy Spirit so WBC contradicts himself. Since the Holy Spirit comes from God and inspired godly men to record His teachings then the Word of God comes from God and not Paul.

2 Tim. 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Hundreds of prophecies throughout scripture written over hundreds of years and by many different authors have been fulfilled and that can only happen through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

WBC, you can pick and choose which part of the Bible you wish to follow just because it suits your needs or is comfortable to you because you think Christ said it, and you can ignore and disregard the parts you don't like to follow and use the excuse that Paul wrote it but we are to follow the whole Word of God.

As for homosexual relationships. Please explain, if homosexuality is not a sin, why did God in the Old Testament say it was a sin. And if man and man are suppose to marry and woman and woman, please explain to me why God created woman for man as his helpmate. Why not create another man and go one step further, why not create a man for Adam and provide a way for them to procreate. My gosh, He is God and He can do anything. From the beginning woman was made for man, so you can talk all you like about equal rights for gays and being in loving long term relationships but sin is sin, no matter how you justify it in your mind.

Genesis 2: 18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [o]suitable for him.” 19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the [p]sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the [q]sky, and to every beast of the field, but for [r]Adam there was not found a helper [s]suitable for him. 21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22 The Lord God [t]fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;
[u]She shall be called [v]Woman,
Because [w]she was taken out of [x]Man.”

24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Man and man, woman and woman, will NEVER become one flesh.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 06:49 pm
0
1

Walter

Ooooh how you forget, we've had the woman conversation before. I told you to look up that word "speak" in the greek and it means to Gossip, not talk. Noone, man or woman should be gossiping in Church, it's a place for LEARNING and Worshipping.

You're confused because I wasn't referring to the Ten Commandments ONLY, but ALL the law given in Deuteronomy, Leviticus and others.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 06:57 pm
0
1

ICL

You can forget it!! He won't address why GOD, who could have created reproduction ANY way He wanted, choose to make it between male and female ONLY!!

He won't address that God said for mankind to lie with mankind is an abomination to HIM, and then in Revelations is says the abominable will have their part in the lake of fire!!

Now, with the FOOD laws; Walter likes to quote, LOOK IT UP WALTER, its says eating shellfish is an abomination to "You" not Him!! I personally do not think he cares if you eat it, but He didn't create it to be eaten, so if you get sick, don't blame HIM, He told you not to eat it.

Also, Gay's are free to have a relationship with each other ALL they want. As I stated in the parable of the tares, Christ teaches us not to bother them, let them grow with the wheat. But that DOES NOT mean we are treating them like second class citizens to STAND for Truth and for GOD!! I will NEVER vote for gay marriage to be legally recognized, but I will certainly treat them with respect. I don't believe their actions need to be ILLEGAL either, let them do what they will, with their FREE WILL, that is God's way. HE will hold them accountable for their actions, not me. But again; that doesn't mean Society as a WHOLE, has to lower our SET standards to satisfy THEM!!

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/25/13 - 06:58 pm
0
1

I'm done for today. I will

I'm done for today. I will check back in the morning and comment accordingly. Have a good night.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/25/13 - 08:44 pm
1
1

If Paul writes scripture and

If Paul writes scripture and writes that it is the word of God does it make it so? Who decides it is the word of God? Is it God or the man who wrote it? As a thought experiment, if I write something and say that it is the word of God does it make it so? How about if I said God spoke to me and told me to write it. Then is it the inerrant word of God?

The teachings of Jesus supercede the law of the Old Testament, and Jesus makes it clear again and again. Slow to judge. Turn the other cheek instead of an eye for an eye. Jesus redefined the law of Moses on divorce, and defused the stoning of an adulteress, and both were against the law of the Old Testament.

There is an easier, more transparent route to the teachings of Jesus. If you start with the Golden Rule and work your way to the law from there, it is all good. We know this works because Jesus said this was the approach to take, and he is the son of God, not the founder of the church who wrote words and then said they had the authority of God's words.

If every person who said God spoke to them wrote down their words, and we as Christians were compelled to obey them, it would be a strange world indeed.

And note: I am not dispelling the appropriateness of Paul's words for the day and age in which he wrote them. What was appropriate in the culture of 2000 years ago is not the same as what is appropriate today. We have learned many things since then, and this new knowledge factors into the law. But, we can count on applying the two commandments of Jesus - they are intentionally timeless. Surely we can all agree on that.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 06:06 am
1
1

WBC "If Paul writes scripture

WBC "If Paul writes scripture and writes that it is the word of God does it make it so? Who decides it is the word of God? Is it God or the man who wrote it?"

Well you are doing the very same thing....you are only following (in your opinion) the parts that you think Christ said and ignoring the parts you think Paul said.... How do you justify or prove that Christ said the parts in scripture that you follow because Christ said them. Are you not being a hypocrite for only believing part of scripture which you choose to, because the other convicts you of sin? How very convenient.

You stated "Jesus redefined the law of Moses on divorce, and defused the stoning of an adulteress, and both were against the law of the Old Testament."

Not at all WBC, Jesus did not redefine the law of Moses on divorce. He stated from the beginning that He does not approve of divorce but that because of our hard heart and sinful ways Moses allowed divorce...that did not change God's view of divorce, He only explained why it was allowed through the Law. Christ death fulfilled the Law so no longer is death required for sin so sin is still sin, we just don't have to use physical death as payment.

You also stated " What was appropriate in the culture of 2000 years ago is not the same as what is appropriate today."

Incorrect, God's Word is the same 2000 years ago as it is today. There are just those who wish to dissect it and only follow that portion that doesn't convict them of their sin so they no longer have to feel guilty and repent. How very convenient.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/26/13 - 07:26 am
1
1

We both agree that God's Word

We both agree that God's Word is the same. However, I disagree that the specifics of the law that was appropriate 2000 years ago is the same that is appropriate today. We all still hold that it is most important to love God first and foremost, and to obey the Golden Rule, and that all the law and the prophets flow from these two of Jesus' commandments. You, and myfather15, decide to over-ride the Golden Rule when it comes to how you think women and homosexuals should be treated, and I think that behaving in such a way is non-Christian. That it may disagree with some specifics of the law as posed by Paul and in Leviticus is notwithstanding, because many aspects of the roles of women in society have changed in the last 2000 years, and we now know that homosexuals are born that way.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/26/13 - 07:48 am
1
1

President George HW Bush (41)

President George HW Bush (41) was an official witness to a gay marriage last weekend. He realized that when two people love each other and want to officially devote their lives to being together, it is a beautiful thing. The two people were his long time friends who run the general store in Kennebunkport, Maine.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/26/13 - 08:48 am
0
1

It's pointless to witness to people like you.

Especially when you say ridiculous things like this "The teachings of Jesus supercede the law of the Old Testament, and Jesus makes it clear again and again."

He did make this clear??? Can you tell me HOW he made this clear? You obviously did not read the exact quote I posted above, so I'll post it again.

"Matt 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Ok, let's make a couple things perfectly clear. The LAW was given in the Old Testament. The "Prophets" were writers in the Old Testament. CHRIST Himself, in this very verse says he did NOT come to DESTROY either the law, or the prophets, which were both in the Old Testament; which means THOSE laws are still in effect.

Now, can you explain to me how Christ's teaching supercede the law of the Old Testament when HE said the exact opposite?? Christ IS the Law, He IS the living Word, the ENTIRE word.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/26/13 - 09:13 am
0
1

Walter

It's quite obvious to me, from this debate and past comments by you; that you don't have a strong belief in God in general.

But, for YOUR argument about "Who decides it is the word of God?"

IF, you believe in one God and He is the all powerful, all knowing; do you not think he uses MEN and MANKIND to do His work?? I believe he does exactly that. If you believe He is that powerful, do you not believe HE is responsible for the Books that ended up in the KJV Bible?

Certainly, there were other Books of the Bible that were left out (5 omitted Books/Apocrypha). But I certainly believe that God would make sure the ones that NEEDED to be there, are there. When King James was having the Bible translated into the English, God could have changed his countenance, just as He did Pharoah; He could have MADE him add any book or subtract.

So YES, I believe the Books of the Bible today are there for a REASON and that reason is that God allowed or placed them there. Just like reproduction; He could have created it any way he wanted. Well, with the books of the Bible, he could have manipulated it and had any He wanted, removed or added. I'm content with what we have.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/26/13 - 09:27 am
0
1

"But, we can count on

"But, we can count on applying the two commandments of Jesus - they are intentionally timeless. Surely we can all agree on that."

Surely we can!! But obviously, YOU don't want to admit that those two COVER and include every other law of the Old Testament, including that man is not to lie with man!! God said it's an abomination to HIM, and in Christ's teachings, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

If you're givng God all your LOVE and obedience, you will NOT willfully do things which are an abomination to Him!! You will fight the urge to do those things, with all your strength; not gleefully engage in those activities.

Now, having said that; I'm DONE arguing with a wall!! From this point I'm not casting my pearls before swine, for them to trample upon. I will check back for your response to these, but I will not comment again on this thread.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 10:12 am
2
1

"You, and myfather15, decide

"You, and myfather15, decide to over-ride the Golden Rule when it comes to how you think women and homosexuals should be treated, and I think that behaving in such a way is non-Christian"

Woops WBC, are we being judgmental now?

No where in my comments have I said or approve of mistreatment of homosexuals or women. I have stated what the Holy Word of God says concerning the sin of homosexual behavior and the conduct of women. If you disagree with God's Word, that is between you and God.

"many aspects of the roles of women in society have changed in the last 2000 years, and we now know that homosexuals are born that way."

There is no proof that homosexuals are born that way and it doesn't matter what aspects of the role of women in society has changed...God's law does not change. So women can now be the head of the home, women now can be president, women now can now be pastors but according to God's Word, the wife is to be her husband's helpmate, teach her children godly ways, assist in teaching women in the church, tend to the poor and needy, and be morally upright and pure. I see nothing wrong with that and definitely doesn't classify them as second class citizens.

I've not overridden the Golden Rule, we just differ on what that rule represents. I believe it means to care for your fellow man, treat them with respect and compassion. If they stumble into sin, help lift them up out of their sinfulness so they can be restored in a relationship with Christ, without condemnation. BUT it does not mean, turn a blinds eye and let my fellowman do as they please without forewarning them that the wages of sin is death and the need for forgiveness and redeemtion through Christ is necessary for eternal salvation.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 10:19 am
2
1

As a side note, I don't care

As a side note, I don't care that President Bush was an official witness to a gay marriage last weekend. That is between him and his God. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I can be friends with someone who is gay, I can dine with someone who is gay, I can attend a social function with a gay, but when it comes to their personal relationship with Christ, I can not agree with their sinfulness and will pray they get right before God. I can not agree with gay marriage or gay sexual relationships. It is against God's law and you have the right to not agree with me.

myfather15
42168
Points
myfather15 09/26/13 - 10:51 am
1
1

Excellent posts ICL

But, as I stated in my last comment; we are talking to a wall. He will never concede any of our points, because TO HIM; we are treating them as second class citizens by simply not APPROVING and supporting their behavior. It's just that simple. The old "If you're not for me, you're against me" mentality.

This is also why I said I will NOT address another of HIS ridiculous comments, but I will address yours and give you my support. Great posts with good clarity and common sense. Keep up the good work, stay strong and stay in the Word, because as we know, Christ IS the living Word!!

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/26/13 - 03:38 pm
1
2

> according to God's Word,

> according to God's Word, the wife is to be her husband's helpmate,
> teach her children godly ways, assist in teaching women in the church,
> tend to the poor and needy, and be morally upright and pure. I see
> nothing wrong with that and definitely doesn't classify them as second
> class citizens.

Women are as intelligent as men. Women are as spiritual as men. Women are as pious as men. Women are as good at public speaking as men. Women are as good at teaching as men. By the Golden Rule, they should be afforded all the same rights and privileges in church as men are. You somehow, repeatedly, think that denying groups of people the same rights doesn't make them second class citizens. ICL, that is the DEFINITION of second class citizens.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 04:34 pm
2
1

"Women are as intelligent as

"Women are as intelligent as men. Women are as spiritual as men"

That may be so WBC and I would tend to agree with you but it's not whether women are as intelligent as men or whether they are as spiritual as men. God's Word says the husband is to be the spiritual leader of the household and the wives are to be their helpmate. Nothing in the "Golden Rule" states women should be afforded all the same rights and priviledges in church as men. I'm not denying anyone any rights or making anyone a second class citizen. God stated there is a place for man and a place for women in the spiritual realm of things and in your mind you can view it as being second class but I assure you God doesn't view it as such. He loves each and every one of us and because he has different jobs for us does not mean one is less than the other.

If you have two children in your household and one is a male and one is a female and you instruct your son to mow the yard is his weekly duty, even though your daughter is capable, and you instruct your daughter that taking out the trash is her weekly duty, even though your son is capable.....does not doing one or the other job, make either one of them second class.

Somehow you've come to the opinion that because women are not assigned the duty by God to preach, and that I have pointed out what scripture says about the duties given to women, somehow I have made them second class citizens and that is so far from the truth, I'd say it is a lie.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/26/13 - 05:16 pm
1
2

ICL, my daughter mows the

ICL, my daughter mows the lawn every week, and will continue to do so as long as she wants the compensation and does a decent job. You should ask a woman if you think your definition of the Golden Rule is the same as hers on these topics. I think you will find, by and large, that it is not, and that if others impacted by your actions don't agree with you on the Golden Rule, you are not applying it reasonably.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 05:24 pm
2
1

Nice way to dodge my question

Nice way to dodge my question WBC. You didn't answer it, which doesn't surprise me. Since your daughter can mow the grass, if your son (or if you had a son) and his duty each week was to mow the grass and not given to your daughter (who is capable of doing the job but that job wasn't her's), would she be viewed as a second class citizen because the duty to mow the grass was given to your son?

It matters not to me what another woman thinks, what matters is what does God think. His definition is what matters and I don't give a hoot if 100 women disagree. My obedience is to Him, not what you think, not what 100 other women think.

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 06:13 pm
2
1

As an afterthought WBC, I

As an afterthought WBC, I don't recall ever giving my definition of "The Golden Rule" or telling you what I thought it meant, so how can you say other women will disagree with my description.

WalterBradfordCannon
1139
Points
WalterBradfordCannon 09/26/13 - 06:30 pm
0
2

Nice concluding remarks!

Nice concluding remarks!

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/26/13 - 06:41 pm
2
1

Avoid answering the question

Avoid answering the question again.....

InChristLove
21804
Points
InChristLove 09/27/13 - 10:41 am
2
1

Hmmm....resort to name

Hmmm....resort to name calling because you can not prove me wrong. I have in no way gone against the "golden rule" for women or gays. Please explain how my comment has done that.

"You cannot find many Christian churches that ban women from speaking, for example, nor can you find many that ban clothes made from wool and linen, or that will stone gay people and adulterers."

You are correct. There are many Christian churches who allow women to be teachers but very few who allow women to be preachers, or teachers over the men or deacons of the church. You are correct you will not find many who ban clothes made of wool and linen because this law was given to the children of Israel and the references are clearly in the context of other prohibitions against mixing diverse animals or seeds together. These ceremonial precepts were given as a symbolism between the clean and the unclean (much like the shrimp and pig) in order to keep His children holy and righteous so they could maintain a relationship with a Holy God. These ceremonial precepts are no longer needed because with have Christ that is the cleaning lamb for our unholiness. I would have thought you would have known this since you think you know scripture so well.

Likewise, we do not stone gays or adulterers because physical death is not the punishment of sin. We have a Savior that paid the price and stoning is no longer necessary. Geeze, WBC, you don't know as much as you want others to believe you know.

" I will forgive you for your sins against me and against many, "

So on top of being pious you wish to take the role of God to forgive my sins.....might presumptious of you. My Heavenly Father is the only one who can forgive my sins....and I surely do not need you to do His job.

Back to Top

Loading...