Syria strategy disastrous

America’s commander in chief sternly stated that he is drawing a red line with Syria, only to now lie about ever saying it. We know he said it. We saw the video of him saying it. This Nobel Peace Prize “winner” is all guns a-blazing to bomb, strike – whatever – Syria over the use of chemical weapons against its own people.

This president is lobbying Congress and the world to support attacking Syria in retaliation for the Syrian government killing Syrian people – even though he did absolutely nothing in retaliation for an American consulate in Libya being attacked and Americans being killed in said attack. Suppose that the Syrian leadership is ousted and the regime friendly to al-Qaida ascends to power. What then?

We have no national interests in Syria. That said, if this regime is ousted, what will take over is exponentially worse and will indeed become a national interest. Isn’t it funny that when President George W. Bush had the support of more than 50 nations and Congress to deal with Iraq, the liberals rained condemnation upon him for being a warmonger?

Well, what say you about the Nobel recipient? And before you respond and lie about there being no weapons of mass destruction, there were. I was in Kuwait and Iraq during that time and remember where I was when word came down that some were found, and it was suspected that some were sent to Syria.

Plain and simple, this is an egg farm on the collective face of the media, the Democratic Party and diehard Obama loyalists who hang on his every word regardless of reality or reason.

During the past presidential campaign, speaking about Mitt Romney, Vice President Joe Biden said, “He said it was a mistake to set an end date for our warriors in Afghanistan and bring them home. He implies by the speech that he’s ready to go to war in Syria and Iran.” Who’s ready to go to war with Syria, Joseph?

I’ll say this about Biden: During the 2008 Democratic presidential primary campaign, he said of then-Sen. Obama: “The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.”

Then there’s Secretary of State John Kerry, who just a few short days ago pontificated, “When I was in the United States Senate, I supported military action in any number of occasions, including Grenada ... .” Lie! He wasn’t in the Senate when America invaded Grenada.

Lee Benedict

Martinez

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 09:50 am
Quote from LTE

"Does anyone in this administration have any common sense or the ability to be truthful?"

The Obama Administration is full of liberals, (people), who care that dictatorships even exist. I guess, once again, we think we can be the knight riding the white horse with out thinking!!

Darby
Darby 09/16/13 - 09:56 am
It's not MY red line, it's the international

community's red line. No, wait, it's George Bush's red line.

Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket. Stick with what works...

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 09:58 am
Bodhisattva @ 6:32

NO WONDER HA likes to argue with you better than me!!!! OMG....you make me look like a super-moderate conservative!!!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 10:00 am
Tim...I only argue if you are

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 10:00 am
Darby....on the red line....

Wouldn't it be refreshing if our so-called "leader" would accept responsibility for ANYTHING?

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 10:06 am
HA @ 10:18

"Tim, you seem to be making sense on just about everything except the "living wage.""

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 10:13 am
HA @ 11:00

"Tim...I only argue if you are wrong....the last few days I have no beef with you. :-)"

It kind of takes the fun out of it, but when you are right, I can not take up for Obama. You are right about Bodhisattva. This guy is SOOO far left I can't even think like him!!!!

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 10:20 am
harley_52 @ 10:21

"You've done well so far, HA, but your work is not yet done."

You can't hold HA responsible for not completeing that job!

Got to go. Chores. I will be back probably later.

THANKS for all of the conversation!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 10:24 am
"I have searched my mind and

"I have searched my mind and have come up with 3 or 4 subjects that I can not give on."

So no open mindedness?

harley_52
harley_52 09/16/13 - 10:25 am
Sarah Palin Announced The Best Strategy....

...for the United States as regards Syria and, for that matter, the entire middle-East. "Let Allah sort it out."

Several others have used different words, but that's precisely what we should do.

Stay out of it. Two main reasons....1) It's muslims killing muslims. They all hate us, by dogma and education. and ...
2) We will not fight to WIN. We fight to achieve a stalemate, at best.

carcraft
carcraft 09/16/13 - 10:59 am
T3, Dictators?

Obama administration only cares if RIGHT WING DICTATORS exist!!!! I pointed out that Obama took sides with the President of Honduras that was trying to subvert the countries constitution and get himself elected for life. The Honduran supreme court ordered him ousted and the military complied. It seems Chavez in Argentina had Obama's support as he drove the country into a communist dictatorship. Obama seems to enjoy governing by executive order and has been knocked down several times because of his violations of the rules of law.

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 12:53 pm
HA @ 10:38

"You mean like killing your own citizens with drone strikes?"

Were not these "citizens" considered enemy combatants?

harley_52
harley_52 09/16/13 - 12:53 pm
Under The Guise Of the "Arab Spring"...

...Obama has managed to eliminate or alienate virtually all leaders in the ME who were somewhat friendly to the U.S. while, at the same time, supporting radical muslims in each of those countries, even those countries where we lost thousands of military personnel and spent hundreds of billions of dollars.

Is it a coincidence, or is it by design?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 12:56 pm
"Were not these "citizens"

"Were not these "citizens" considered enemy combatants?"

Just like Assad considers the one's he's killing as enemy combatants. He's not killing his supporters.

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 12:57 pm
HA @ 11:24

"So no open mindedness?"

I can't be a carbon copy of you all.

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:00 pm
arrest

"Just like Assad considers the one's he's killing as enemy combatants. He's not killing his supporters"

So you would have tried to arrest them from a foreign country?

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:02 pm
D.C. shooting

I assume you all know about the D.C. Navy Yard shooting.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 01:05 pm
"So you would have tried to

"So you would have tried to arrest them from a foreign country?"

I would certainly follow the Constitution that I swore to support and defend.

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:06 pm
harley_52 @ 11:25

"Bring all troops home from the ME immediately, use the Navy and Air Force to keep open the lines of commerce, and let them kill each other to their hearts' desire."

I think this move would be good for everyone and everything involved.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 01:10 pm
No person shall be held to

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:10 pm
The Constitution

"I would certainly follow the Constitution that I swore to support and defend"

Would you think this way if Bush had ordered it?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 01:12 pm
"Would you think this way if

"Would you think this way if Bush had ordered it?"

Absolutely! The minute you accept lawlessness from your elected officials.....even when it is against those you dislike, you have given them permission to treat you the exact same way.

carcraft
carcraft 09/16/13 - 01:13 pm
T3 A 16 year old sitting at a

T3 A 16 year old sitting at a table in Yemeni Restaurant? There is due process and who designates enemy combatant? Obama with a deck of cards in his office?

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:13 pm
The Constitution, again

I don't have to buy my own copy of the Constitution. I will give you a lot of credit, you seem to know it amazingly well!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 01:15 pm
If I start putting the

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:16 pm
carcraft @ 2:13

"Obama with a deck of cards in his office?"

So, are you saying that he was killed for no reason?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 01:18 pm
Who designated him as a

Who designated him as a terrorist? Where's the checks and balances?

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:20 pm
HA @ 2:15

"If I start putting the Constitution in my emails, do you think the government might start to read it?"

I WOULDN'T know, I never get any e-mails from you, but I forget you accused me of stalking you at the count of 45 e-mails! MY GOSH, I am so glad that we are not at that point any more!!

t3bledsoe 09/16/13 - 01:23 pm
Research

"Who designated him as a terrorist? Where's the checks and balances?"

You know I hate research. I thought the "liberal news" sad they were bad guys.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/16/13 - 01:31 pm
You don't have to

You don't have to research....he was designated an enemy combatant with NO checks and balances. It was a direct violation of the 5th amendment that I posted for you.

Storm brings heavy rain, property damage reported

The National Weather Service in Columbia says the threat of severe weather has left the Augusta area, but not before leaving behind some property damage Sunday.