Where is common sense?

California’s legislature recently passed a bill saying a young person in school can declare that he or she is “transgender” and can choose to use either sex’s bathrooms in school. How wonderful the thought that your daughter has to allow a male into her bathroom, shower, etc., with her. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

Same-sex marriages are allowed in many states and even our military, to receive the same recognition, rights and benefits as our “one man, one woman” marriages now have. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

I had occasion to ask a young “lady” who was adorned in tattoos: “Why would you mutilate your body like that?” She quickly replied, “Why not?” Well, this is America, land of the free, and you have the right to choose your lifestyle. You have the right to mutilate your body with tattoos, body piercings, etc.

You have the right to be stupid, you have the right to vote into office liberal left-wingers who possess the same mentality as you – but have we lost all common sense and logic?

William Zimmerman

Hephzibah

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 03:50 pm
If she ain't good enough for her own family....

Welcome to the south. I don't see anything wrong with polygamy, if ALL parties are consenting and of age, AND it's not done to scam the system such as the Mormon cults do. You'd also have to be talking about consenting adults. Do away with these kids can get married at 14 or 16 or whatever laws some of these stupid states have, even with parental consent. Incest is trick since there are health issues involved. First off, incest refers to the sex act itself, not getting married. That would be consanguineos union or marriagd. All different kinds of laws vary state by state. What's fine in one can get you lockex away for a long time and put on a sex offender registry in others. It used to happen quite a bit, especially with first cousins, and still does with the monied crowd so the power and fortunes stay consolidated. Again, it would have to be consenting adults. If you want to remain prudish you could still ban parent-child and siblings for genetic reasons.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 04:08 pm
Hate to break it to you but,

Hate to break it to you but, I don't have a perfectly round head with no facial features and short brown hair either

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 04:09 pm
"Homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom abounds"

No it doesn't. It's true that proponents of homosexuality would LIKE for it to be "natural," none have managed to prove it so far. Typical of their "scientific proof" is like this statement from your link.

"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis."

Translated into the language of normal people, it says 'we haven't found a single animal yet that practices homosexuality, but the other side hasn't proven that none has ever practiced it either, although some never have any kind of sex at all.

While it's usually impossible to prove a negative, that doesn't mean the positive has been proven.

chascushman
chascushman 09/09/13 - 04:18 pm
"If you want to remain

"If you want to remain prudish you could still ban parent-child and siblings for genetic reasons."
Bod, I have to disagree once more I prefer a society with morals.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 04:39 pm
Anyone that believes there is

Anyone that believes there is no homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom, I can only presume has neither set foot in a dog park, nor spent a day on a farm. Ever. I know this describes some of our population, but I also know that many of us have the evidence of our own senses to contradict such an uninformed opinion.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 04:39 pm
You did read the quote you

You did read the quote you posted? It says its been observed in all animals that reproduce sexually. It's not observed in animals that reproduce asexually but, guess what, they don't observe sexual reproduction in them either. That's why their reproductive method is called asexual. Thanks for further proving the point and providing the quote to really drive it home that humans aren't the only animals that practice homosexual behavior, even if that wasn't your intention.

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 04:49 pm
You People Are Perfect Examples Of....

....the confused logic that permeates the liberal discussion of homosexual behavior.

Name one animal for which there exists scientific proof of homosexual behavior.

Having worked on farms for about five or six years in my teens, I can assure you no farm animals practice homosexuality.

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 04:52 pm
"You did read the quote you posted?"

Yes. And (apparently) unlike you, I actually understood it. No animal has been proven homosexual.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 05:02 pm
No offense Harley, but I

No offense Harley, but I think the Merck Veterinary Manual is a better source on this:

"Homosexuality is a normal behavior in sheep and is seen in up to 30% of all rams. Incidence of homosexuality is decreased in rams raised in heterosexual groups and in rams that have experience with ewes, but it still persists. It is unclear to what extent such behaviors are facilitated by a sex ratio that has been skewed for mating purposes."

This is simply one of the existing documentations of homosexuality in animal species. Sheep are not unique in this. You are incorrect, plain and simple.

chascushman
chascushman 09/09/13 - 04:58 pm
harley, I agree I lived on a

harley, I agree I lived on a farm for the my 1st 18 yrs and NEVER SAW 'animals practice homosexuality'.

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 05:06 pm
burninater...

No, I'm not wrong.

You are, as usual, letting your political agenda overwhelm your intellect.

Animals do not practice homosexuality, which is not to say they don't occasionally achieve some sort of sexual pleasure with members of the same sex. Heck, I guess you would claim that because they might occasionally hump someone's leg they are then correctly described as "legosexual?"

Give an animal, any animal, the choice between mating with a female of his species and another male, he will always choose the female. In the absence of a female, if he's just looking for a place to rub it, he may choose a male, a tree, or someone's leg, but all that proves is that he's horney and can't find a willing female.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 05:14 pm
Harley, your argument is not

Harley, your argument is not with me, or my political agenda. It is with documented animal behavior reported by leading veterinary experts. I am sorry this is difficult to accept. The beautiful thing about tangible observational evidence -- and the reason that science is so threatening to some ideologues -- is that for every person that refuses to accept simple reality, there will be a hundred that are willing and eager to understand reality as it plainly exists.

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 05:19 pm
Very Funny, burninator...

Regardless what your veterinary publication claims, let me assure you sheep are NOT homosexual. If they were, we would have run out of wool long ago. If humans were naturally homosexual, mankind would have perished long before having to worry about man-made global warming as well.

Try common sense and forget political agenda this time.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 05:25 pm
Harley's Intuitive Knowledge

Harley's Intuitive Knowledge of Animals vs Documented Reality.

Sorry, reality wins this one.

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 05:31 pm
Reality Does Indeed Win This One...

There ARE theories and even some liberal inspired publications that try to make the case that animals ARE homosexual, it's purely an agenda item.

Homosexuality is NOT natural, either for animals or for humans. It is abnormal. It is found in the 3rd, or perhaps fourth, standard deviation of human sexual behavior. There is no homosexual gene.

People like burninater will continue to blow smoke about it to support their political agenda, but that's all it is......smoke.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 05:42 pm
"There is no scientific

"There is no scientific evidence that ANY animals are homosexual by nature. None. Period. Full stop."

Harley, if you don't know who Merck is in relation to medical science, educate yourself.

If you DO know the scientific pedigree of Merck, and continue to claim that no scientific evidence exists of homosexuality in animals, well, then now you're just not telling the truth.

KSL
KSL 09/09/13 - 05:43 pm
Next time I communicate with

Next time I communicate with my cousin who is married to one of the largest sheep ranchers in New Zealand, I will ask her about sheep. Of course, her observations will pertain only to New Zealand sheep, not American.

harley_52
harley_52 09/09/13 - 06:10 pm
Isn't It Odd...

....That God decided only a teensy percentage of humans (2 or 3 percent) and "up to 30% of all rams" would be homosexual?

I'm wondering if any of those homosexual rams are "switch hitters," or if they're exclusively homosexual? Anybody want to make a bet on it? Maybe KSL's cousin could tell us. If, given the equal opportunity, would these "homosexual" rams choose a homosexual mate over a cute little doe? That's the real test, isn't it?

Human homosexuals prefer the same sex as partners, usually to the exclusion of all members of the opposite sex. Don't ask me why...I can't explain it. Do "homosexual" rams make the same choices? Does the Merck Manual address this issue? Or do they claim to somehow KNOW those rams' sexual preference?

Would a dog choose a leg over a female in heat?

KSL
KSL 09/09/13 - 06:19 pm
Harley

You picked up on both my seriousness and my attempt at humor.

KSL
KSL 09/09/13 - 06:34 pm
I haved had my leg humped by

I haved had my leg humped by my teenaged hound pup years ago when I was a teenager. What does that mean?

He was a boy dog and I was a girl, girl. Is that reverse bestiality?

KSL
KSL 09/09/13 - 07:04 pm
Is my TSD friend the same one

Is my TSD friend the same one as Cobalt George's?

That would be an honor!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 07:40 pm
Humans ARE animals

"Name one animal for which there exists scientific proof of homosexual behavior"

There have probably been enough studies to indicate homosexualty is scientific fact. Let's face it, the animal; human; being homosexual IS THE ONLY animal that all of this controvercy is about!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 07:48 pm
years on a farm

AAAH, the good, pure life on the farm!! One could live on a farm for even more years than 18, and again, the homosexual controvercy is about man's not other animals'.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 07:55 pm
Quote from LTE

"Well, this is America, land of the free, and you have the right to choose your lifestyle. You have the right to mutilate your body with tattoos, body piercings, etc"

I know people that think tattoos and body piercings are sinnful. It may very well be, but the quote from LTE answers the question, "This is America."

grouse
grouse 09/09/13 - 09:54 pm
What a ridiculous letter,

What a ridiculous letter, full of assumptions. I've seen plenty of conservatives with tattoos and how do someone's tattoos (which I also dislike) affect Mr. Zimmerman or me? How does same-sex marriage affect the Mr. Zimmerman, Mr. Zimmerman seems all for freedom and rights unless as long as they meet his standards...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 09/09/13 - 10:54 pm
Harley, you're the bomb!

Harley, you're the bomb!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/09/13 - 11:15 pm
New Vocabulary

KSL asked:

I had my leg humped by my teenaged hound pup years ago when I was a teenager. What does that mean? He was a boy dog and I was a girl girl. Is that reverse bestiality?

I guess that reverse bestiality is a new word — humanality.

harley_52
harley_52 09/10/13 - 09:56 am
Thanks, Willow....

...but we all know that you are the real BOMBshell in here.

I couldn't leave this without relaying that I spent a little time reviewing burninater's "scientific evidence" that sheep prove homosexuality is "normal."

It's true that in the Merck Veterinary Manual (that highly acclaimed and trusted scientific journal) does indeed make the statement that "Homosexuality is a normal behavior in sheep and is seen in up to 30% of all rams" just as burninater said.

He/she left out a few things, however. First, this statement appears in the first sentence of a paragraph describing "Behavioral Problems In Sheep." So, even sheep and sheep herders, like most humans, consider homosexuality a "problem."

Second, there is no data presented to support this conclusion. What does it mean? What was the population of sheep in the study group? Is it "up to 30%" of the sheep in New Zealand? The sheep in Alabama? The sheep in the San Francisco Bay area? What? Which sheep were used to make this claim? Where is the data for review?

If it's "up to 30%" it could mean .001%, or 29.99%. Which is it? Which sheep? A very imprecise statement by such a fine journal of scientific excellence, don't you think?

Burninater also chose NOT to include the rest of the paragraph concerning this "problem" with sheep behavior. Here it is....."Incidence of homosexuality is decreased in rams raised in heterosexual groups and in rams that have experience with ewes, but it still persists. It is unclear to what extent such behaviors are facilitated by a sex ratio that has been skewed for mating purposes."

So now we see that if you put a few girls (aka ewes) into the mix, these homosexual rams change right back into being normal, heterosexual rams like they're supposed to be, except it now admits it's "unclear" how a "skewed sex ratio" may effect the behavior. No kidding.

Do you see the depths to which these liberals will sink in order to "prove" homosexuality is "normal?" It is truly hilarious to watch and appreciate.

Sometimes in the evening, just after sunset, when the air is soft and the stars start to twinkle, you can hear it....very gently at first, drifting softly over the grass covered plains...quiet, but then it becomes clearer...a little louder now....yes it's a formerly problematic, homosexual ram, pining for the companionship of that cute little female he saw at the water tank and now can't forget...his voice clearly singing....."I'll be calling you, ewe ewe ewe, ewe ewe you..

KSL
KSL 09/10/13 - 07:51 pm
Oh my

Burn has been caught cherry picking information.

Thank you so much for your timely and thorough research, Harley.

KSL
KSL 09/10/13 - 07:55 pm
And I appreciate your sense

And I appreciate your sense of humor.