Where is common sense?

California’s legislature recently passed a bill saying a young person in school can declare that he or she is “transgender” and can choose to use either sex’s bathrooms in school. How wonderful the thought that your daughter has to allow a male into her bathroom, shower, etc., with her. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

Same-sex marriages are allowed in many states and even our military, to receive the same recognition, rights and benefits as our “one man, one woman” marriages now have. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

I had occasion to ask a young “lady” who was adorned in tattoos: “Why would you mutilate your body like that?” She quickly replied, “Why not?” Well, this is America, land of the free, and you have the right to choose your lifestyle. You have the right to mutilate your body with tattoos, body piercings, etc.

You have the right to be stupid, you have the right to vote into office liberal left-wingers who possess the same mentality as you – but have we lost all common sense and logic?

William Zimmerman

Hephzibah

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:14 pm
" "There will always be

" "There will always be (naturally occurring phenomena that inherently create no harm) so get used to it."

Such as polygamy, and incest?"
---------
Polgyamy yes. Incest would be contingent upon consent, as much incest is actually intrafamily rape, and not consensual. Also, offspring from incestual relations may have much higher risks of ill effects from recessive genes, so that would have to be considered in the decision of whether or not it "inherently creates no harm".

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:15 pm
HA @ 2:10

"Ah...to prove a negative"

"Still waiting for an answer on R&R"

You seem to be debating 3 people at one time, so I will assume this isn't for me.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:17 pm
Burn....we are almost in

Burn....we are almost in complete agreement, it appears. But polygamy also requires consent, not just incest.

And no...the question on R&R is for you T3.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:19 pm
Also, incest without sexual

Also, incest without sexual relationships causes no harm. Some homosexual relationships DO cause harm if they are sexual.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:21 pm
HA @ 2:17

"And no...the question on R&R is for you T3"

I am honored by your request, BUT I don't understand. Is R&R rants & raves?

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:23 pm

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:23 pm
HA @ 2:19

"Also, incest without sexual relationships causes no harm"

ARE YOU SURE this is even biologically possible?

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:25 pm
Biologically possible?

Biologically possible? Incestuous marriage without sex......yes.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:29 pm
R&R question

I don't think you use the R&R's at all. If you are talking about remaining anonomous, quite frankly it is the cowards' way of making a point!! If you are talking about my comments on writing LTE's, IT WAS aimed at you!! I KNOW YOU don't like to be told what to do, nobody does!! I am doing everything that I can TO ENCOURAGE you to do this something positive for the pro-life cause!! Don't dwell on, act on it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/09/13 - 02:29 pm
Burn

So it begs the question, Why? HA has been using that Avatar since she/he joined the thread.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:33 pm
Anonymity is a good thing,

Anonymity is a good thing, JTF. I'm sure you can understand that.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:32 pm
t3...the question on R&R is

t3...the question on R&R is "do you think attacking Iraq was the right thing to do?"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:33 pm
HA @ 2:25

"Biologically possible? Incestuous marriage without sex......yes"

So are you deffineing incest as the act of marring with-in family? I think that there has to be sexual relations to qualify as true incest.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:37 pm
HA @ 2:32

"t3...the question on R&R is "do you think attacking Iraq was the right thing to do"

If Bush wanted to attack ONLY FOR the WMD's, then the scale of the attack was way too much. He should have used a strike like Obama is proposing.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:38 pm
So then HA, the question

So then HA, the question occurs -- what do polygamy and incest have to do with homosexuality?

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:42 pm
Not sure if I understand your

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:42 pm
JTF -- Karen Gillan is a

JTF -- Karen Gillan is a relatively obscure face, unless you watch the Doctor Who reboots, and it seemed that some on the boards were confusing avatars with reality. I wanted to provide a gentle reminder that in an anonymous medium like these forums, people should make no identity assumptions based on appearances.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:43 pm
JTF @ 2:29

"So it begs the question, Why? HA has been using that Avatar since she/he joined the thread"

As much as HA stands for truth and country, I would trust that NO ONE would use a fake picture on their posts. Besides, how are there multipul pictures available? As I said, I hope no one would do such a thing, but if so, I still enjoy "THEIR" debates.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:45 pm
"Not sure if I understand

"Not sure if I understand your question, Burn. Polygamy, incest, and homosexuality have ALL at one time been condemned as immoral, but why are we told we should accept one, but not the others?"
------
Told by whom? There are vigorous debates about whether gov't has a role in criminalizing polygamy and incest, and those debates are not new. They are also entirely separate issues from homosexual relations between consenting adults.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:44 pm
I stand for safety as well.

I stand for safety as well.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:45 pm
Again, Burn...we appear to be

Again, Burn...we appear to be agreeing more than disagreeing. I don't know why government has ANYTHING to do with marriage.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 03:00 pm
t3bledsoe, people constantly

t3bledsoe, people constantly use fake pics for their avatars. Do you really think I was a wombat before I became the Scottish actress Karen Gillan? Multiple pics are available, because Karen Gillan is an actress -- there are hundreds of pics of her freely available. On an anonymous forum, you need to accept that the way an individual markets themself may be 100% artificial.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:54 pm
You aren't a wombat? :-)

You aren't a wombat? :-)

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/09/13 - 02:54 pm
Karen

I'm in.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:58 pm
Again, Burn...we appear to be

-----
Well, the cat's out of the bag on that one. We would need to remove marriage/marital status from ALL existing civil, criminal and tax law for government not to have ANYTHING to do with marriage. It begins to become a matter of, if I dare borrow from the LTE, using simple common sense: we can completely dismantle all of the links between marriage and law, so that gov't has NOTHING to do with marriage, or we can simply recognize marriages regardless of gender.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 04:04 pm
If I had a million thumbs to

If I had a million thumbs to give, JTF, they'd be all yours.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 03:00 pm
I prefer removing government,

I prefer removing government, but being the intrusive leech that they tend to be, I understand how difficult it would be.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 03:01 pm
I gave a thumb myself! If

I gave a thumb myself! If you have an "obsessive" it's best that they wouldn't recognize you.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 03:22 pm
"or we can simply recognize

"or we can simply recognize marriages regardless of gender............." or current marital status, or relationship to proposed spouse, etc.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 03:34 pm
"or we can simply recognize

-------
If and when those "etc"s become points of legal contention, they will be dealt with individually. As much as opponents try to obfuscate the issue of gay marriage by lumping it with multiple issues related to marriage, it is an individual issue.