Where is common sense?

California’s legislature recently passed a bill saying a young person in school can declare that he or she is “transgender” and can choose to use either sex’s bathrooms in school. How wonderful the thought that your daughter has to allow a male into her bathroom, shower, etc., with her. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

Same-sex marriages are allowed in many states and even our military, to receive the same recognition, rights and benefits as our “one man, one woman” marriages now have. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

I had occasion to ask a young “lady” who was adorned in tattoos: “Why would you mutilate your body like that?” She quickly replied, “Why not?” Well, this is America, land of the free, and you have the right to choose your lifestyle. You have the right to mutilate your body with tattoos, body piercings, etc.

You have the right to be stupid, you have the right to vote into office liberal left-wingers who possess the same mentality as you – but have we lost all common sense and logic?

William Zimmerman

Hephzibah

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 01:19 pm
"We are never going to get

"We are never going to get rid of pedophiles either, but by that logic, I guess we better accept them."
-------
It is absolutely mind-boggling that seemingly intelligent adults continually attempt to claim a parallel between consenting adult relations and the sexual exploitation of children.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 01:21 pm
LL @ 1:04

"Also, most commenters are anonymous, and Willie Z. used his name. So that's why it is okay"

RULES IS RULES. News flash, you have to give permission to have your name and home town printed with your LTE. Others are just satisfied using the Rants & Raves so they can remain anonymous. This name and town rule MAY VERY WELL be what keeps people from writeing LTE's.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:22 pm
No attempted parallel

No attempted parallel made....Just saying that just because something is done, does not mean we have to accept it. Would you rather I said that we will never get rid of bigamists, so we might as well get used to it?

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:24 pm
It is absolutely

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 09/09/13 - 01:27 pm
@ Little Lamb 1:04

You are correct. While I don't particularly like them, I do allow posts that insult political parties and national public figures. I can't figure out a way to effectively stop that without severely inhibiting political conversation. Insults directed at other commenters on the other hand are removed every time I see them. I explain this in nearly every warning I give for insulting another commenter.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 01:35 pm
Pedophiles vs. bigamists

Being a pedophile is almost in all cases a mental illness. Bigamists are either sex addicts are self made muti-partner life style. Even if the bigamist is a sex addict, this can be treated relatively easy. Pedophiles are difficult to treat because it is an addiction to behavior that is mentally and physically damaging to their victoms.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:39 pm
And your source for this

And your source for this information is????????????

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 01:42 pm
"It is absolutely

"It is absolutely mind-boggling that seemingly intelligent adults continually attempt to claim that homosexual behavior is something you are born with, so it should be accepted, but any other behavior you are born with can be condemned."
------
Ah, I see where the logic circuits are fried here.

Do you understand that homosexual relations between adults involve consent, while pedophilia does not? Do you understand what consent is?

We are born with ALL the abilities that allow us to go forth in life and commit crimes -- murder, rape, assault, fraud, etc. -- against unconsenting victims. NONE of those abilities are inherently illegal unless they are used to commit a criminal act against an unconsenting individual.

I'll repeat the simple crux of this issue: do people REALLY not understand the difference between consenting adult relations and the sexual exploitation of children?

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:40 pm
There will always be incest

There will always be incest between consenting adults, so we better just get used to it.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 01:42 pm
There is a difference

Homosexuality and homosexual behavior are not the same thing. In almost all cases, homosexuality is present at birth. Homosexual behavior is the act of sexual behavior with a member of the same sex. Homosexuality is most likely present for the duration of life, but unfortunately homosexual behavior will only stop if the person remains abstinate.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:43 pm
Source please.

Source please.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 01:46 pm
OH, I am not BOD nor Burn, but I'll try

"And your source for this information is????????????"

54 years on this Earth, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, is quite often research enough. Maybe at 54, you too will have a veritable treasure trove of wisdom!!

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 01:50 pm
There will always be

There will always be whistling, so we better just get used to it.
There will always be oxygen, so we better just get used to it.
There will always be moonlit nights, so we better just get used to it.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 01:51 pm
HA @ 1:40

"There will always be incest between consenting adults, so we better just get used to it"

ALL THOUGH very repulsive, you know; like me; incest will continue as long as both parties are in agreement.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 01:52 pm
It sounds more like Willie Z

It sounds more like Willie Z is insulting a good portion of the general population. It makes you wonder why those opposed to LGBT rights have it on their minds more than the LGBT population. I wonder what Freud would say? Come to think of it, since he's been dead 73 years, not much.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/09/13 - 01:52 pm
Dang

Burn and Angela could be sisters......The resemblance is remarkable.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:52 pm
I see you agree that the

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:58 pm
Burn's avatar is Karen Gillan.

Burn's avatar is Karen Gillan.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 09/09/13 - 01:55 pm
Itsday1

Tx - I think :)

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 01:56 pm
54 years is research enough?

54 years is research enough? So simply living is research enough....and to think of all that wasted hard work real researchers have been doing...proving that what they say is true and all.....those poor saps didn't realize that all you have to do is simply state that something is true and move along.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:00 pm
Sure about that??

"Burns avatar is Karen Gillan"

ARE YOU absolutely sure?? I may be half blind, BUT it looks like you!!

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:02 pm
Positive.

Positive.

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:03 pm
"I see you agree that the

"I see you agree that the logic of "there will always be.... so get used to it" is faulty logic.....even if you do it in a sarcastic, passive aggressive manner."
-----
No, I don't agree it's faulty logic, because you left out the key piece of the logical construct with your ellipses. This is the logical construct I am using: "There will always be (naturally occurring phenomena that inherently create no harm) so get used to it." You can't remove the key part of the construct with ellipses, or replace it with a predatory, harmful behavior, such as you did with pedophilia, and claim it carries the same logical sense. It doesn't.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:03 pm
HA @ 1:56

"54 years is research enough? So simply living is research enough....and to think of all that wasted hard work real researchers have been doing...proving that what they say is true and all.....those poor saps didn't realize that all you have to do is simply state that something is true and move along"

To use your own words, everything isn't rocket surgury, OR shouldn't that be rocket science??!! It always has been rocket science in my circle!!

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:05 pm
"There will always be

Such as polygamy, and incest?

burninater
burninater 09/09/13 - 02:06 pm
O, t3bledsoe, connect the

O, t3bledsoe, connect the dots here. My avatar is Karen Gillan, it looks just like HA's, therefore ...

To make it even clearer, Google Karen Gillan, look at her associated images, and you will see a greatest hits parade of both my and HA's avatars.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:08 pm
HA, your NEED for proof is admirable, BUT

I have seen, and read; believe it or not; a lot in 54 years. I could reasonably ask for proof that I haven't come accross this knowledge just by living.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:09 pm
Ah...to prove a negative.

Ah...to prove a negative.

Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 02:10 pm
Still waiting for an answer

Still waiting for an answer on R&R.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 02:11 pm
Smarter than I am

Burn, I do know how to google, BUT I don't think I know quite how to do this. I guess I will have to take your's and HA's word for it.