Where is common sense?

California’s legislature recently passed a bill saying a young person in school can declare that he or she is “transgender” and can choose to use either sex’s bathrooms in school. How wonderful the thought that your daughter has to allow a male into her bathroom, shower, etc., with her. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

Same-sex marriages are allowed in many states and even our military, to receive the same recognition, rights and benefits as our “one man, one woman” marriages now have. Have we lost all common sense and logic?

I had occasion to ask a young “lady” who was adorned in tattoos: “Why would you mutilate your body like that?” She quickly replied, “Why not?” Well, this is America, land of the free, and you have the right to choose your lifestyle. You have the right to mutilate your body with tattoos, body piercings, etc.

William Zimmerman

Hephzibah

soldout
soldout 09/09/13 - 12:21 am
You are free to be stupid

Yes we are free to be stupid but we can't stop the law of sowing and reaping. That is why the liberal voters have a higher crime and death rate than conservative voters. Their vote is a seed they plant and they continue to vote for those who promote the spirit of death through abortion and the gay movement. Both sins stop life. You vote death and you reap death. Way too easy to figure out.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 09/09/13 - 03:24 am
soapy_725
soapy_725 09/09/13 - 05:24 am
Common Sense was replaced by Ignorance and Apathy.

Common Sense was replaced by Ignorance and Apathy.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/09/13 - 05:25 am
The Twin Pillars of American Society. Ignorance & Apathy.

The Twin Pillars of American Society. Ignorance & Apathy.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/09/13 - 05:25 am
God has turned them over to a reprobate mind........

God has turned them over to a reprobate mind........

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/09/13 - 06:36 am
We

are about to see some "Real" common sense in Syria.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 06:55 am
Same sex

"Same-sex marriages are allowed in many states and even our military, to receive the same recognition, rights and benefits as our “one man, one woman” marriages now have. Have we lost all common sense and logic"

I agree with same sex marriages. WE ARE NOT going to ever get rid of heterosexuals, bi-sexuals, nor homosexuals!! It is time we accept each other and take our causes to fix REAL problems in this world!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 06:59 am
Quote from LTE

"You have the right to be stupid, you have the right to vote into office liberal left-wingers who possess the same mentality as you – but have we lost all common sense and logic"

With all due respect, I am a liberal Democrat. The different political party voters ACT AS A checks and balences system to run OUR country!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 06:59 am
We are never going to get rid

We are never going to get rid of pedophiles either, but by that logic, I guess we better accept them.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 07:06 am
HA, I really missed you!!

I really am speachless!! With your permission, OF COURSE, might we continue this like 6 days ago??!! Oh, by the way, are you jealous that I got my LTE printed before your's about abortion?? You will be doing THE PRO_LIFE cause a great service with such an LTE!! PLEASE, let; not only me; but all of the Chronical's readers KNOW WHAT YOU STAND FOR!! I have really missed you!!!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 07:12 am
For crying out loud.

For crying out loud.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 09/09/13 - 07:22 am
"You have the right to be

"You have the right to be stupid, you have the right to vote into office liberal left-wingers who possess the same mentality as you – but have we lost all common sense and logic?"

You may have a valid concern about the transgender issue that you raise, but you diminish that position by calling voters with whom you disagree stupid. Then you further assert diminished capacity for their choices in elected office.

When the GOP conducted it's autopsy to determine what to do to build it's base and to attract the demographics it lost in the last two national elections, they forgot to tell the base not to stereotype those groups every single day by calling them stupid and a whole lot of other things that I won't list here. If I were a member of one of those demographic groups, I would be more offended by comments made by people in this local paper than the insults hurled by GOP bureaucrats in DC.

One sometimes expect more civility from one's "neighbors."

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 07:23 am
HA @ 8:12

"For crying out loud"

I wish you were NOT SO repulsed by me! What you think of me is one thing, BUT I am being very honest in my vehement request to write YOUR LTE about abortion!! You have tons to say and instead of saying your thoughts to the very, very few commenters, "TAKE IT TO THE tens of thousands of readers!! PLEASE, do this something positive to fight abortion!!"

localguy55
localguy55 09/09/13 - 07:23 am
Show me where in the animal

Show me where in the animal kingdom that homosexuality exists and is practiced. Only humans seem to stoop to the lower forms of aberrant behavior and then expect that it be accepted as the norm. Even the design of the human body precludes this act, yet humans do their best to conduct themselves in a manner that defies God and nature in order to satisfy an urge.
Just one a many things man tends to mess up but in this instance many want it to be preceived as not what it is, but what they want it to be, normal. Hell, we can't keep traditional man/woman marriages together for very long. The average in the U.S. is 8 years these days. Now we are told that same-sex marriage should be and is, by some state laws, a normal thing. I wonder what is next, perhaps beastiality. Say is isn't so for now, but just wait.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/09/13 - 07:50 am
Surprised

I am surprised that the constant badgering of one poster to another is allowed.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 09/09/13 - 08:02 am
Attack the issue, not the person.

I think at one time or another, we may all find ourselves baited into a disrespectful exchange. The struggle is to not allow ourselves to react to it by becoming like the other person.

deestafford
31943
deestafford 09/09/13 - 08:01 am
Oxymoron

I believe using liberal/progressive and common sense in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

urright
urright 09/09/13 - 08:32 am
Local...

My dog likes to hump his brother--does that count?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 09/09/13 - 08:33 am
H Angie hahaha

Animal kingdom - I swear my male mallards are gay - when the females leave to sit on their eggs the males go at it with each other - it's quite embarrassing to try to explain it to the little kids that witness it! I don't understand it either!

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 09/09/13 - 08:49 am
If a woman,

who considers herself to be a man, walks in a public restroom as I'm performing a bodily function, will find it's self called out to management and everyone in the public venue. If that doesn't handle the situation, then we'll handle it like men--bare knuckles!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/09/13 - 10:30 am
urright & LillyfromtheMills

Don't you both think that is a little graphic.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 11:05 am
Show me where in the animal

Show me where in the animal kingdom that homosexuality exists and is practiced. Only humans seem to stoop to the lower forms of aberrant behavior and then expect that it be accepted as the norm."? Didn't study a lot of biology did you? A very funny letter considering the GOP is the party that makes up history, denies sciences, and believes Fox, Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck. A La. poll showed 29% of GOP respondents blamed Obama over Bush for the slow response during hurricane Katrina and 44% were unsure. You got GOP Reps claiming branches of science are, "lies from the pit of hell", and quite a few who need a refresher on basic human anatomy and physiology. You shouldn't have cast that first stone William. Back to animal behavior. Homosexuality has been observed in over 1,500 animals. Also, some animals are hermaphrodites and can mate with either sex and some are sequential hermaphrodites and can change sex. The clownfish is an example of this. Isn't science interesting? Why the GOP relies on myths and legends instead I'll never know. Then they have the audacity to call people stupid. If you did that in comment it would get pulled. Why's it ok for old Willie Z. to do it?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 11:08 am
"A La. poll showed 29% of GOP

"A La. poll showed 29% of GOP respondents blamed Obama over Bush for the slow response during hurricane Katrina and 44% were unsure."

How many blamed Bush for all the things Obama has done or failed to so?

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 11:11 am
How many blamed a guy that

How many blamed a guy that hadn't been elected yet?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 11:12 am
Probably not as many as those

Probably not as many as those who blamed the guy who's been out of office for 6 years.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 09/09/13 - 11:15 am
That would be the GOP. I

That would be the GOP. I don't recall anyone blaming Bush for WWII.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/09/13 - 11:17 am
And those in the DNC are real

And those in the DNC are real rocket surgeons?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/09/13 - 12:04 pm
Stupid

Bodhisattva posted:

. . . have the audacity to call people stupid. If you did that in comment it would get pulled. Why's it ok for old Willie Z. to do it?

Commenters get their comments pulled when they call other commenters stupid. Your comment will usually stand if you call a public figure stupid.

Also, most commenters are anonymous, and Willie Z. used his name. So that's why it is okay.