We should stay out of Syria

I do not think the United States needs to take any action in Syria, especially if other members of the United Nations aren’t taking action. If the Arab League has a problem with the way Syria is run, it can act unilaterally by sending all of its money and its troops to take care of the human rights crisis. Frankly, the Middle East’s economy is much better than ours, so let its countries foot the bill for issues that are taking place in their neighborhood.

America has other concerns where defense is needed, particularly with all of the drug cartels, human trafficking and attempted terrorist attacks that are filtering in through the U.S.-Mexican border.

We are not the police of the world. Our economy is suffering, and the only sector benefitting from sending our troops to war is the private military-industrial complex. Soldiers certainly are not benefitting from the epic war in Afghanistan, not to mention fighting two wars simultaneously for a decade. If our military has proved anything in this so-called “holy war,” it’s that our country’s leaders have egos too large to stop a war that is ineffective, even after American military leaders admit to the public that our reasons for invading Iraq were based on false intelligence.

History repeats itself, but this is a record! A decade has passed, and the current politicians and media are trying to pull the same stunt again! Unfortunately, our country’s leaders don’t have as much at stake as the soldiers fighting in those wars and the families who lose their loved ones.

Today, our country’s leaders don’t even have respect for themselves, their families or their constituents, considering the offensive way they speak to one another in public forums.

Melissa Wredt

Appling

KSL
KSL 09/07/13 - 10:48 pm
I love it when people have

I love it when people have resolve. You go, HA.

carcraft
carcraft 09/07/13 - 11:39 pm
Syria never signed a chemical

Syria never signed a chemical weapons treaty so it has not violated International law!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/08/13 - 07:18 am
Carcraft, you are 100%

Carcraft, you are 100% correct. A nation can NOT be held to laws that they never agreed to. It is amazing how many people don't understand this.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/08/13 - 08:53 am
HA @ 7:18

I wish you knew how hurtful you are being! OH, wait, would you treat your pet cat this way??!!

On a more important note: for all the rest of you that find me distasteful, PLEASE read my last LTE in Sunday's paper. As a fellow poster, I will appreciate it.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/08/13 - 09:06 am
HA & carcraft

I love how you intellectuals find ways to be arguementative! I WONDER if you would have spent the time to find this minotia legal tecnicality if BUSH needed the backing of the country??!! You conservatives LOVE to point out MAJOR differences between LOWLY Obama and your preciaous King Bush!! When will conservatives LOOK IN THE MIRROW and realize this country will NEVER BE GREAT with all of this in-fighting that you'll force to take place!!

PS: Did Iraq sign the chemical weapons ban either?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/08/13 - 09:11 am
HA @ 7:18

"It is amazing how many people don't understand this"

Why can't you stop this "cryptic" way of addressing me? If you are so adament on teaching me about things that are of importance to you, THEN TRY TO TEACH ME!

Did you AT LEAST read my last e-mail??

fedex227
fedex227 09/08/13 - 04:03 pm
Yeah HA,

quit being so "cryptic."

KSL
KSL 09/08/13 - 04:12 pm
t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 09/08/13 - 06:04 pm
KSL @ 4:12

"Is this really what you want?"

I looked at your link. Quite frankly, now I don't know what I think Obama should do!! Maybe I will finally go along with you conservatives! YES........NO ( What to do, what to do )

KSL
KSL 09/08/13 - 06:49 pm
Thanks for taking a look at

Thanks for taking a look at it, bledsoe.

KSL
KSL 09/08/13 - 06:52 pm
When in doubt, it is best not

When in doubt, it is best not to do anything rash.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/08/13 - 08:39 pm
Get over yourself...I wasn't

Get over yourself...I wasn't addressing you.

carcraft
carcraft 09/08/13 - 09:36 pm
T3Bledsoe, Please explain to

T3Bledsoe, Please explain to me the logic of Obama bombing a country we are not at war with or having hostilities with while it isn't ok for a countries ruler to use weapons to supress a rebellion? Now if you think chemical weapons are not humane I think shoving a large needle into a Babies head is inhuman! Can I bomb Obama?

Fatality highlights golf cart safety

Similar to cars, driving a golf cart has legal requirements. Texting and driving is illegal. So is driving while impaired. Also, all drivers must have a valid driver's license and golf carts are ...