Revenge is for God, not man

There is a difference between revenge and justice. By the dictionary, justice is the administration of what is just by assigning merited rewards or punishments. It says nothing about taking revenge on an individual. A trial by jury ensures that an individual is guilty or innocent, and George Zimmerman was determined to be innocent by a jury, and accordingly he was not punished.

However, public opinion held its own trial. It determined Zimmerman was guilty. The Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson declared a mistrial, then led street riots and public disturbances.

I can understand the black community’s concern about unequal justice. However, the appeals court has the responsibility to determine if mistakes were made in the trial process. This is the proper action to be taken to overturn the lower court’s decision.

Mob action in the streets is not appropriate in any circumstance. We either are a nation of laws, or a nation that judges by mob mentality. I believe that most of the rioters are not true Christians, because judgment by man (revenge) is forbidden in the New Testament. God gave those prohibitions because we are all imperfect. Revenge goes beyond the limits set by God himself.

Richard E. Hogue, Ph.D.

Grovetown

soldout
soldout 08/10/13 - 03:32 am
good letter

You never compensate for a wrong in the past by allowing a wrong to happen now. The reason is that you can't stop the law of sowing and reaping. With whatever measure you measure out the same measure is measured back to you. I can't cheat on my income tax and expect to be treated fairly by others in financial transactions. I can't tell my kids not to do drugs while I have a bar at home and beers in the frig or pop a pill for every minor physical or emotional problem. You don't stop generational curses by doing the same sins your parents did. You don't get justice if you don't respect the process of justice.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 08/10/13 - 07:08 am
?????????????

Revenge is for God? I thought God was a "loving" man, a "caring" man, A "compassionate" man, but, God is going to get himself a handful of revenge? Yea, that's why religion makes NO sense to me..........and should make NO sense to anyone with a brain in their head.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/10/13 - 08:21 am
About the LTE

All of the BELIEVERS in Zimmerman can be HAPPY that yet another murderer is going free !! Maybe its got something to do with KEEPING THE PRISON COSTS DOWN for all you conservatives !!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/10/13 - 08:24 am
Quote from the LTE

"God gave those prohibitions because we are all imperfect."

Speaking of "PROHIBITIONS", "Does the sentence Thou shall not kill ring ANY bells ??!"

myfather15
myfather15 08/10/13 - 08:47 am
"However, the appeals court

"However, the appeals court has the responsibility to determine if mistakes were made in the trial process. This is the proper action to be taken to overturn the lower court’s decision."

You do know you can't "appeal" a not guilty verdict, right? It's called double jeopardy!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/10/13 - 08:49 am
t3bledsoe

Honestly, sometimes I think you come on here just to see if you can stir HA up, or just to start an argument with people!! Because your arguments simply contain ZERO rational logic!!! I find it hard to believe that even YOU believe the stuff you type. Just another one of those folks who like to stir people up to get a reaction. If true, THAT would be equally sad!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/10/13 - 09:01 am
myfather15 @ 9:49

"Honestly, sometimes I think you come on here just to see if you can stir HA up,"

I WILL NEITHER confirm nor deny this statement !! For GOODNESS SAKE, I don't want nor need another Saturday like last Sat. ! It took me OUT OF THE GAME for 3 whole days !!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/10/13 - 09:03 am
Chore time

Got to go. Will try to check in later.

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/10/13 - 09:59 am
t3bledsoe

Actually the best translation of that passage in the Bible is, "Thou shalt not murder". It is NOT a good argument against the death penalty or war or justice.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/10/13 - 10:09 am
Tbledsoe must have attended

Tbledsoe must have attended school with Obama- similarities are striking.

KSL
KSL 08/10/13 - 10:56 am
Yep

Lots of words, no real meaning.

Darby
Darby 08/10/13 - 01:33 pm
"Speaking of "PROHIBITIONS", "Does the

sentence Thou shall not kill ring ANY bells ??!""

I guess then that I can't swat a fly or spray for mosquitoes. Right?

What about my cat's fleas? Are they exempt as well?

Darby
Darby 08/10/13 - 01:42 pm
Am I alone in this, or am I right in assuming

that a bunch of you out there are joining me me in shear delight at bledsoe's total and uncontrolled obsession with Zimmerman and the "unfortunate" justice that was brought to the criminal thug Trayvon Martin?

If Zimmerman is ever in this area, someone please let me know. I'd really like to throw a block party in his honor.

You are all invited.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 08/10/13 - 03:17 pm
There are three

stages in life: childhood, puberty and adulthood. In order for negroes to get any sympathy from me, the majority of them need to get past the puberty stage. Same goes for the democrats.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/10/13 - 04:05 pm
Quote from LTE

"We either are a nation of laws, or a nation that judges by mob mentality."

THE MOB mentality IS CAUSED by the same laws not being followed the same for different races of people !! A race that IS ALWAYS mis-treated by the same laws has no alternative but to take their frustrations to the streets and / or some where other than the courts !!

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 08/10/13 - 07:59 pm
You know what's really sad?

I see the unrest in the black community, the attacks on Caucasians by blacks with the attackers stating "This is for Trayvon!", the riots, the complete inability of some in the black community to accept the legal outcome of the trial, and the million dollar bounty being offered by the Black Panthers for Zimmerman's lynching.

All of this has done nothing to help either blacks or Caucasians. All this is doing is lining the pockets of the media, and of those who capitalize on race.

If this had happened to someone of my race when I was 17, my patents woud have set me down and laid down the law. No hoodies, if your suspended from school, you don't go anywhere, if you do, I will beat you to within an inch of your life.

Here's an excellent example for patents to use to protect their kids, and it's being wasted.

And frankly, with the number of cell phones out there, I believe that someone has a video of the incident that's been suppressed. It's worth a lot of money, and unless someone deletes the original video file, it will eventually show up. It ought to be interesting.

Darby
Darby 08/10/13 - 08:40 pm
"A race that IS ALWAYS mis-treated (sic) by the

same laws has no alternative but to take their frustrations to the streets and / or some where other than the courts !!"

Sounds like a veiled threat to me.

Believe me, the last thing you will ever want is to see our differences settled in the streets. That is an angry giant you don't want to ever awaken.

Particularly when probably most, if not all, of our real differences would just resolve themselves if Democrats would back off their hateful race baiting.

Even now, the Trayvon Martin charade has seen an ever growing number of people begin to manifest a strong resentment of the never ending phony charges of racism.

Democrats took that one too far and they now know it. At some point, and sooner than most "progressives" realize, that's a pot that will begin to boil over.

myfather15
myfather15 08/10/13 - 10:00 pm
T3bledsoe

Why ignore the last part?

myfather15
myfather15 08/10/13 - 10:02 pm
Casting Fool

"I will beat you to within an inch of your life."

Don't let Giantsallday catch you talking about your parents beating you, he'll want to charge them with assault!! Even if their not alive!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/10/13 - 10:04 pm
T3bledsoe

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the 3 black teens beating the white teen in Florida. In case you haven't heard about it, here it is:

This story seems to have already died, as I didn't hear a word about it all day. Imagine that!!! This was a brutal beating from three THUGS, that seriously hurt this kid. All for telling on them for trying to sell marijuana!!

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 08/10/13 - 10:46 pm
Hey, the beatings I got from

Hey, the beatings I got from my father weren't violent abuse. Just just punishment. Mostly on my rump. Worked, too. If more parents used corporal punishment, we'd have fewer brats and thugs to deal with. Thanks for nothing, Dr. Spock.

myfather15
myfather15 08/10/13 - 11:13 pm
Oooh, I agree with you

Oooh, I agree with you 100%!!! According to TODAY's standards, my dad probably would have been considered abusive. But, I'm still here conversing with you good people and I'm a better person because of his discipline!! I wouldn't take away a single whipping he ever gave me, because I deserve every one and I learned from them.

You're also correct, if parents still spanked as often as they used to, we wouldn't have so many smart mouthed, little punk thugs walking around so brazen about their behavior!! I couldn't imagine what kind of beating I would get if I came home with my pants around my knees with my underwear showing!! Unbelievable!!!

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 08/10/13 - 11:49 pm
Yep, and when I got a

Yep, and when I got a whipping that I didn't deserve (which weren't many), I just figured that it counted toward something I hadn't been caught at.

Between lack of corporal punishment and the "everybody's a winner" mentality in today's schools and society, our kids are doomed.

fedex227
fedex227 08/10/13 - 11:56 pm
Should have won the the Powerball game this week.

Did I not pray hard enough? Probably not. Blast!

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 08/11/13 - 12:10 am
IMO, the sad part is that

IMO, the sad part is that most folk are convinced that attending Sunday school and singing in the choir can replace redemption through the blood of Christ. How many of these young people wake in hell after a shooting, having been convinced by lying pastors and naive parents that their church attendance is all they needed to get to Heaven?

"By their fruit you will know them." "Fruit" = behavior. I have more problems with the eternal destination of some thug I may have to shoot and kill, than I do with having to shoot them in the first place. It won't stop me from firing, but it might keep me awake at night for a while.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/11/13 - 07:57 am
myfather15 @ 11:00

"Why did you chose to only copy and paste the portion of my comment relating to HA? There was more to that sentence, which stated "or just to start an argument with people!!"

Why ignore the last part?"

You can probably figure this out for yourself. Even though HA WILL NOT admit it, we enjoy debating each other !! I find it very frustrating that we debate each other almost daily, yet she will not agree with the enjoyment of debating me. This comment may very well END our debating, BUT I know the truth of this situation and nobody should take this as embarressing !!

owensjef3
owensjef3 08/11/13 - 02:45 pm
Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

Thanksgiving burns injure 8

Eight people have already been admitted to the Joseph M. Still burn center for cooking related burns this Thanksgiving.