I don't trust the government

I was listening to a song the other day – Who’s Got My Back, by Creed – and the words uncovered feelings that have been hidden for a long time:

Who’s got my back now?

When all we have left is deceptive

So disconnected

So what is the truth now?

The world in 1966 was a strange time. I was 19 and returning home from a war that nobody believed in, including me. The moment formed questions and feelings that I was afraid of. Listening to the voices of the public, media and then the government brought even more confusing thoughts. I remember, so clearly, the voices calling out as I disembarked from the plane. The feeling lingers.

With all the disconnect that has being introduced into our lives – spying, race, moneys, debt, politics, news and voices calling out hatred, untruths, division and others – many are not burying or covering their thoughts up, but acting them out. So, what is the truth now?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/13 - 05:32 am
Fort Sumter Next

The truth is we are in an acrimonious state of existence between two forces that has rarely existed in the history of our country. Our Congressmen are split as much as those before the Civil War. There is no middle ground, only the two forces, capitalism and socialism fighting a battle to the bitter end.

Look to the arguments from the left today. Facts and numbers are discarded (“phony scandals”) with a rationalization that things are not fair. Corporations are demonized and their profits coveted, no matter the corporation is individual investors risking THEIR money seeking profits. This same fairness argument can lead to the destruction of our economic system and to “killing fields” in the extreme. The last civil war will be mild compared to the next one. No chivalry, no Tara.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/07/13 - 05:47 am
I agree River

And we are from the city where Ft. Sumter happened!

carcraft
carcraft 08/07/13 - 05:51 am
Well said Riverman, those

Well said Riverman, those with their hand out are rapidly over taking those that produce. Every time you turn around the government is giving people more "free" things. The problem is the government in order to give some thing to some one "free" they must first take the money or product from some one else. The government does not produce money or wealth or products. So here we are, Obama care being the latest in the big give aways. Now way behind in cyber security, allowing people with minimal education and training to obtain identity material such as social security numbers and bank account numbers etc. People applying for assistance to sign up are on the honor system, gee what could go wrong? The truth is Obama knows that if people start sucking on governments teat with health care it will never go away. Obama has two more years to get people hooked then billions up on billions will have been wasted and our health carre system a stinking mess!

myfather15
myfather15 08/07/13 - 06:12 am
I agree with the article and

I agree with the article and the above comments, enough said!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/13 - 06:17 am
So, what is the truth now?

I look at it in a different way RM.

This nation is as close to becoming the "Planet Of The Apes" as it can possible get.

The other group is being hunted and snared knowing the truth, are being forced to work for tax to cover the Lies of the others.

The real reality is instead of coming back from the past to this nation,
We have been here all along.

What are we leaving for all our Grand Children is really the sad part of this moment in time.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/07/13 - 07:05 am
CG is right. Fiction sometimes has more truth than non fiction.

CG is right. Fiction sometimes has more truth than non fiction.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/07/13 - 07:07 am
What human kings will do.... I Sam 8 Read it and weep.

What human kings will do.... I Sam 8 Read it and weep.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/07/13 - 07:12 am
Thank you for your military service & call to duty Mr. Harris.

You were not and are not the problem. You were an innocent ploy in a game of World Domination.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/07/13 - 07:11 am
Mr. Harris, Jesus Christ will watch you back !! For eternity !!

Mr. Harris, Jesus Christ will watch you back !! For eternity !!

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/07/13 - 07:13 am
You can trust the government to be a devouring beast. FACT

You can trust the government to be a devouring beast. FACT

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/07/13 - 07:38 am
A frequent Question being asked now a days

Is this still a Government by the people for the people, or a government that fears its people?

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 08/07/13 - 07:48 am
I believe...

Everything started going downhill the day Kennedy was assasinated, and the lies and coverups began. The American people seemed to have bought the crap that there was a lone assasin. How can one trust a government who lies and deceives?

If I were standing outside getting wet, and obama announced that it was raining, I still wouldn't believe it because it came out of his mouth.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/07/13 - 08:14 am
Another gone with wind war?

I would just hate that without a Rhett & Scarlett....also mammy...just wouldn't be "fitting".

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 08/07/13 - 08:47 am
I don't trust the government

.....and neither do I. And just in case you're wondering, we're supposed to have a democratic (...and I don't mean like Democrats over Republicans) system. We don't. We have a plutocracy combined with an oligarchy combined with a corporatocracy. Here's where I would make up my own whack-a-doodle portmanteau, but I'll leave that to you. And by the way, for those of you that love this "democracy," I suggest you look up the term democracy in the dictionary.

dahreese
dahreese 08/07/13 - 08:50 am
"One group is hiding the

"One group is hiding the "truth" with all the powers they have, knowing if it is known, they would now longer exist.

Well, the group on the bottom have no power and no truth to hide, do they?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/07/13 - 08:50 am
Oh but Ms. SIB4

As Augusta's own Prissy said "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!..

chascushman
chascushman 08/07/13 - 08:55 am
"It is pathetic to see how

"It is pathetic to see how commenters on here defend those on the top and don't even realize they're doing it."
dahreese, I believe he knew very well that he was talking about the administration of the lying, racist, Marxist/communist in the WH.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 08/07/13 - 09:00 am
Dahreese

Yes, one group, the liberals progressives must hide their "true" intensions to gain power. Obama is artful at this as he pretends to be fighting for the middle class, when in reality, the middle class is in the process of being destroyed. The wealthy are doing fine and the poor are receiving more than ever. At the end of the day, in Obama's world, there will only be two groups.....the wealth ruling class and everyone else. Wake up and look around at all of the other marxist countries. Just as with healthcare, we will get what the ruling class wants us to have not what we want.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/07/13 - 09:13 am
Gary Ross

As someone who has studied the Kennedy assassination for forty years I have come to believe that there was only one gunman. Whether it was Oswald or not I don't know but there was no magic bullet and no Government cover up. Believe me I wanted there to be a conspiracy but all of my research and the way they actually produced the 7 wounds Connolly received. A shot from the grassy knoll would have wounded or killed Jackie. No conspiracy.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/07/13 - 09:17 am
"It is pathetic to see how

Who is defending those on top? Examples.....Evidence? I doubt it. We never have gotten actual, back up facts before, why would I expect it now?

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/07/13 - 09:26 am
Forty years??

Well Shrimp, why do you think he was killed? Who planned it? Castro, the Maifia, Bobby, LBJ??? The same folks who killed Marilyn?

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 08/07/13 - 09:38 am
Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/07/13 - 09:45 am
dahreese 08/07/13 - 09:12

dahreese 08/07/13 - 09:12 am
"To All. I have just had another of my posts pulled because your editor feels personally insulted.

I therefore wish you well, I will post no more."

But I'm sure he will stick around to click the thumbs down when someone asks for evidence to support liberal, fabricated statements.....see above.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/07/13 - 09:54 am
just the facts

I personally believe Oswald did it to make a name for himself. He had an ego problem. There is no evidence (that has been released) proving anyone else was involved.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/07/13 - 09:55 am
Shrimp

Yeah, me too. But...........

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 08/07/13 - 10:01 am
JTF

HAHA!!! Exactly. Believe it or not when and if I get to heaven that's the first question I want answered!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/07/13 - 10:51 am
This Is Not A Lie!

Lies and Liberalism

By RON ROSS

A mind exercise in how they go hand in hand.

There is an organic connection between liberalism and lies. Lying is the lifeblood and mother’s milk of liberalism. Liberals and the left lie effortlessly and naturally. They are far more comfortable with lies than the truth. Speaking the truth is almost impossibility for them. It’s in their DNA.

The fraudulently labeled “Affordable Care Act” is typical of the millions of lies liberals have told over the years. President Obama and Democrats made promises and predictions they knew were untrue. They lied about what motivated the embassy attacks in Egypt and Libya. They lied, and continue to lie, without a second thought and without the slightest remorse.

Barack Obama took a sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. He never had the slightest intention of adhering to the Constitution, as we now well know. One of the traits liberals find endearing about Bill Clinton is his skill at lying and his ability to get away with it.

On his second day in office President Obama said, “Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.” On the contrary, it has been the most opaque and duplicitous presidency in history. What he claimed could not have been further from the truth. The best way to evaluate what liberals say is to realize that what they say is really the polar opposite of what they believe.

read more:

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/07/13 - 10:53 am
Quote from LTE

"The world in 1966 was a strange time. I was 19 and returning home from a war that nobody believed in, including me."

FIRST, I am so sorry that ANYONE had to fight such a senceless war !!

Second, I was not old enough to go off to Vietnam when it officially ended. I still remember the TV broadcasts of Sigon falling to the enemy!! Even though I was only a teenager, I still wondered why this war was ever started and why did it go on so long ??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 08/07/13 - 11:06 am
Quote from LTE

"Today, I am much older but the feelings of the past are speaking again. I no longer trust the U.S. government, and the government is only representative of its citizenship."

I have said it in previous LTE's of my own, "Quite frankly, I don't believe ANY war since WW2 needed to be fought. Korea and Vietnam were fought to keep Communisum out of North Korea and North Vietnam. DON'T EVEN get me started about these most resent idiotic wars !! There are citizens that truly believe these resent wars were fought because of the military and military industrial complex's power over the government !!