Color this editorial yellow

I just finished reading your editorial titled “Phony Indignation” (Aug. 1), and it has left me speechless. However, as you read on you will realize that’s not quite true, anymore than the information you used in this “attack” on President Obama is true.

In our age of 24/7 news and commentary, no politician can survive a true scandal. Anyone entrusted by the electorate who behaves badly and/or dishonorably is hounded relentlessly until they either get out or are voted out in disgrace. There are far too many politicians who have either been, or are being driven out of office, for you to go “looking” for another such as our president.

You have listed several events that have taken place during President Obama’s tenure in the Oval Office, some very tragic, that had they been real scandals would have been cause for him to exit his position and our lives. And yet, you make Obama out to be the smartest president in history to boldly escape punishment for his supposedly scandalous wrong doing.

I could go on to show how you have erroneously portrayed the facts in each of these events to make your even-more-erroneous point, but that would take more space than you allow for letters to the editor.

That said, any of your intelligent readers can Google these events and read the true facts for themselves.

This editorial borders on “yellow journalism” (Google it) at best, and certainly is irresponsible for any respectable newspaper. If you don’t like the president, state your opinion using the truth – not as you would like it to be, but as it really is.

dahreese
dahreese 08/06/13 - 09:43 pm
"...the reverends have left

"...the reverends have left us...the Church left us. We yearn for the church we grew up in."

Would you care to discuss that? When it happened. How it happened.

When you began to feel that way.

(And if you don't mind, I'd just as soon that be 'our' discussion).

myfather15
myfather15 08/06/13 - 09:53 pm
So, I provide FACTS (No child

So, I provide FACTS (No child left behind) and links about medicare; things you claim republican's have done nothing with, to help people and all you can say is "You really believe that, don't you?" Weak sir, very weak!!

You really do need to improve on this debate thing!!

I've got to be up early this morning, so I'm going to bed, but I'll check your response in the morning. Although, I don't expect much besides more generalizations and unproven allegations.

myfather15
myfather15 08/06/13 - 10:02 pm
If you're talking about the

If you're talking about the Episcopal Church, that should be painfully obvious what they're talking about!! That "Church" is going completely against the Word of God, period!!! How do you claim to be a "Church" but allow TEACHERS in the Church, who are completely contradictory to what the God you claim to serve has taught?

I have no problem with atheists, who don't acknowledge the existence of God, therefore don't follow His teachings. But I have serious issue with those who CLAIM to be Christian's, yet much of what they tout is against the Bible (God's Word). At least Atheist's are completely open about their beliefs. Those claiming to be Christians, but are NOT; are deceiving people into believing lies about God's Word. They are confusing people as to what God has ACTUALLY taught. That, in my OPINION, is WORSE than being Atheist. An Atheist mostly hurts themselves, a "Teacher" of God's Word, who goes against God's teachings, is leading MANY astray!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/06/13 - 10:02 pm
Now, I really am going to

Now, I really am going to bed.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/07/13 - 07:27 am
I notice that Dahreese

I notice that Dahreese provided the exact same amount of backing evidence as the letter writer.....NONE. Just state your assertions as if they are true, and hope it stands.....Typical liberal tactic.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/07/13 - 06:28 am
Know how shows on MSNBC and

Know how shows on MSNBC and Fox, too, I suppose, always have the token opposition person so they can have someone from the opposition to make fun of? What do you think?

dahreese
dahreese 08/07/13 - 09:12 am
To All. I have just had

To All. I have just had another of my posts pulled because your editor feels personally insulted.

I therefore wish you well, I will post no more.

myfather15
myfather15 08/07/13 - 09:16 am
Darn, I didn't get to read it.

I would love to have seen it. Trust me, I've never reported anyone. There is NOTHING you can say on here that would offend me, I've heard much worse on the streets. When you've worked the streets for 16 years, there is NOTHING on a website that SHOULD offend you. But, I also understand that Sean has to protect ALL commenters and will do so. My comments have been pulled many times, and rightfully so; I step over the line from time to time.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/07/13 - 09:36 am
If you follow the rules you

If you follow the rules you don't have to worry about it. But when your argument is based on emotion, and devoid of facts, you will quickly find yourself in violation of the rules of posting.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 08/07/13 - 09:38 am
I understand, myfather.

chascushman
chascushman 08/07/13 - 10:01 am
"I understand, myfather.

"I understand, myfather. Sometimes Sean has to remind me. Follow his rules and you have nothing to worry about."
I agree, I have had several pulled and even got a couple of emails but I never take it personal. It seems that liberals take everything personal.

tom31510
tom31510 08/07/13 - 02:38 pm
Race relations

You can bet that Rev. Nead isn't the only black pastor that thinks like he does. When you see black folks leaving their churches on Sundays you can rest assured that a goodly portion of what they heard was how white people and white government are their arch enemies. The president reinforces that attitude every time he comments on any racial issue dividing the nation on racial lines.

chascushman
chascushman 08/07/13 - 03:14 pm
" When you see black folks

" When you see black folks leaving their churches on Sundays you can rest assured that a goodly portion of what they heard was how white people and white government are their arch enemies."
tom, I am afraid you are correct. Obama's preacher and mentor for 20 yrs. is a good example. The 2nd Baptist Church in Aiken had the racist hate peddler speak there at least 2 times. About 20 yrs. ago a black friend of mine told me, "Cush if you white folks knew what went on in most black churches yall would burn everyone of them down". I ask what he mean but that was all he would say.
tom, you are correct about racist in the WH.

Darby
Darby 08/07/13 - 11:25 pm
The following is just one (of many) anecdotes

to demonstrate how liberals lie and distort and assault our American history.

Dirksen accepted the challenge and was spectacularly successful. Some Democrat luminaries such as Al Gore Sr. and J. William Fulbright filibustered for almost two solid months and did their best to kill the bill.

In the end, it passed. A couple of notes for you history buffs....

(1) A greater percentage of Republicans in BOTH houses voted for the bill than did their Democrat brethren.
(2) Everertt Dirksen without whom the bill would have died, was a REPUBLICAN senator.
(3) Dirksen was honored by the NAACP last year for his leadership. (One of the few things they've done right lately.)

In the days since Dirksen's triumph, Democrats have constantly crowed (Ignorantly or duplicitously, who knows?) about how "they" passed that landmark legislation.

chascushman
chascushman 08/08/13 - 08:24 am
"The 1964 Civil Rights bill

"The 1964 Civil Rights bill was going nowhere and was doomed to fail. Lyndon Johnson turned to Sen. Everett Dirksen to organize support for the bill and move it through Congress."
Darby, In 1957 republicans lead by Ike tried to pass a civil rights bill but it was blocked by the democrats lead by the speaker of house LBJ. LBJ and the democrats really pulled one of the biggest scam jobs in history on the black people.

Democrats target turnout for Sunday voting

Registered voters in Augusta-Richmond County can cast ballots in the Nov. 4 election from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Advance Voting Center at Augusta Municipal Building, 530 Greene St.