Remove our lying president

As an independent voter, I can’t understand how Democrats and Republicans can stand by and do nothing about a president who blatantly lies to the American people.

President Obama said he would get to the bottom of the Benghazi incident and bring justice to those killed, but instead he and his administration have blocked those committees investigating at every turn. Instead of firing United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice for lying about what caused the assault on our embassy in Benghazi, he promoted her.

He said he would get to the bottom of the Internal Revenue Service incident because the American people were mistreated, and what we saw at the hearings were employees at the top level take the Fifth Amendment.

For the past week President Obama has been on tour once again lying to the American people. The reason was supposed to be about the economy, but he couldn’t resist blaming the Republicans for our sad state of affairs. In his diatribe of ignorance, he had the unmitigated gall to trivialize the scandals of the past several months saying they were “phony,” and that was the reason the economy is so poor. This despicable act of disrespect for our dead and grieving families should not be tolerated.

To add insult to injury, Obama met with the Vietnamese president recently and gave praise to former president Ho Chi Minh regarding his liking for our Constitution. It mattered little that Ho killed a half-million of his own people and cost our country more than 58,000 killed. As a 100-percent disabled Marine Vietnam veteran, I take exception to this.

Obama has shown by deed that he can’t be trusted. We should have a special election to remove the liar in chief from office.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/31/13 - 12:31 am
Are you kidding me?

As much as I agree with you Mr.Topliff that our President has been less than truthful there has been no President in the history of our great country who hasn't lied through his teeth including George Washington and Abe Lincoln.
Thank goodness our Constitution does not provide for us a "Special Election" so we can remove a President from office just because he's n idiot. Now if he were charged with High Crimes and Misdemeanors or Treason the Constitution does have Impeachment proceedings to where a President can be removed from office however it will never happen. We have impeached two Presidents. Andrew Johnson And Bill Clinton but there were not enough votes to actually remove them from office. Just because you can impeach a President doesn't necessarily mean you can remove them from office.
I applaud your service to our country but your lack of knowledge of our Constitution is appalling. Please read the Constitution because your letter makes you seem like a high school dropout.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/31/13 - 05:49 am
Someone watches too much FOX

Someone watches too much FOX news (faux news). Even though Benghazi was a terrible tragedy - there isn't anything there worth stopping our government so we can point fingers at someone about who's fault it was... it was terrorists. We've had other terrorist events with even more U.S. citizens killed while Republicans were on watch- where's the witch hunt for those responsible? The IRS "scandal" doesn't exist in the way the writer thinks... How dare the IRS investigate organizations that are supposed to be tax exempt AND part of a political action committee for the right? It's already come out where left wing organizations were looked at as well - and personally... ANY tax exempt organization trying to get votes for any particular side should be investigated.

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 07/31/13 - 06:39 am
Shrimp for breakfast, "Are

Shrimp for breakfast, "Are you kidding me?". I had to read this comment twice just to make sure I read it correctly. Is this how liberals think? Someone please explain this kind of thinking.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 07/31/13 - 06:41 am
It would be interesting if

It would be interesting if "independent" voters provided a list of the candidates they have voted for in the past to prove just how "independent" they are. Does "independent" mean you voted for Democrats before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, but now vote Republican, like a large portion of the current GOP in the south?

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 07/31/13 - 06:43 am
I think I've figured it out,

I think I've figured it out, they watch CNN all day!

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 07/31/13 - 07:07 am
Clinton's impeachment was a

Clinton's impeachment was a witch hunt, which appears to be the main tactic in the modern GOP's playbook. Find scandals, make sure they get a lot of news time, then silence when it turns out to have been no scandal in the first place. Let me know when you see Issa doing every Sunday news show appologizing to Susan Rice, about the IRS non scandal, and all of the other non scandals they've made up trying to gain ground for 2014.

saywhatagain
saywhatagain 07/31/13 - 07:08 am

Thank you for your service to our country Mr. Topliff and calling like it is. Honesty and common sense are a rarely seen on display in America these days. So rare in fact, I'm afraid there's not enough to save us.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 07:15 am
"Does "independent" mean you

"Does "independent" mean you voted for Democrats before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, but now vote Republican, like a large portion of the current GOP in the south?"
techfan, whom I vote for is none of your business. I have voted for dems and repubs until the last few years. I no longer vote ANY democrat except in local elections. The Marxists, communists and black racists have taken over the national democrat party.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 07:17 am
"Clinton's impeachment was a

"Clinton's impeachment was a witch hunt, which appears to be the main tactic in the modern GOP's playbook."
techfan, you correct if you are a democrat it is OK TO LIE to a grand jury.

deestafford
deestafford 07/31/13 - 07:27 am
I'm as frustrated as the letter writer with the incompetence

of obama; unfortunately, there is no way he could be removed in the current political makeup of Congress. All though it seems years ago that he was reelected it was only about a little over seven months he was sworn in for a second term. He will continue to do more damage to this country than any president in history. We are dealing with "obama The Destroyer" here and he has many, many followers who are the useful idiots karl marx talked about.

Contrary to his self proclamation, obama has no depth of knowledge beyond the leftist, collectivism, he was fed as he was growing up and continue to learn in college. His vision of America is completely different to what the Founders established and he appoints people like himself, who many times do have some knowledge in their fields, who are statists, leftist, marxism-leaning, academics with no real world experience. Couple this with a fawning media and entertainment industry and we are in for some of the roughest times this country has seen since the War Between The States.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/31/13 - 07:29 am
Well I guess I was hard on the letter writer

Bubbasauce I'm a fiscal conservative which means I vote Republican. I was just trying to tell the letter writer that just because a President lies you can't hold a special election and vote him out of office. I mean come on that's not the way our government works. I could have used a little more tact I guess.
But you're calling me a liberal? HAHAHA!!! Farthest thing from it my friend!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/31/13 - 07:29 am
Well I guess I was hard on the letter writer

But you're calling me a liberal? HAHAHA!!! Farthest thing from it my friend!

southern2
southern2 07/31/13 - 07:35 am
Thanks Mr. Topliff for

Thanks Mr. Topliff for highlighting these so called "phony" scandals. Each case leaves scars that will never heal. Not since the Clinton's have we had to endure such a spiteful, scandalous, dishonest regime. I would also like to see this tyrant removed from office.

Bruce Garner
Bruce Garner 07/31/13 - 08:20 am
Just because we don't get a posting....

Just because we didn't get an email post or a newspaper article doesn't mean that a problem isn't being addressed. Investigations continue, but just because we are not getting a daily update doesn't mean nothing is happening. There are far more issues and problems and just everyday work for every President than what we or the media might want to focus on each day. It's hardly a lie when we haven't reached the end of an investigation and/or seen the outcome. And, like it or not, some issues are not for public information. So let's get a grip on this hysteria about lies and cover ups and all. Remember it has never had anything to do with the man in the White House, nor has it ever been dependent on which political party was in control. Whining because we are not getting an email a day about every issue that comes up is just that whining......find something productive to do. Go help out at a food bank. Volunteer time at a nursing home or a VA facility. Just stop whining about things above all our pay grade!

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 08:50 am
Bruce

"It's hardly a lie when we haven't reached the end of an investigation and/or seen the outcome."

President Obama is far to busy destroying America to be distracted by "phony" scandals. If he says all of these scandals are phony,do you really think he wants to get to the bottom of them?

You have really been drinking the MSNBC cool aid !

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 07/31/13 - 09:31 am
When a country is run by an uneducated

ethnicity comprising less than 15% of the population, with a criminal reputation, promulgated by a media that glamorizes diversity with NO substance, a left wing so out of control and a right wing terrified to reel them in, you have what we now call America. The blacks have taught me that to be successful I need to: kill at a rate far higher than any civilized people, impregnate every 12 year old girl to get my welfare check and aid for dependent children, blame my laziness on whitey, call everyone that doesn't agree with me RACIST, elect sleazeballs to office ( clintons, obama, reid, pelosi, boxer, waxman, rangel, frank, kennedys and kilpatrick are a few that come to mind), force feed my negro-ness down everyone's throat and keep holding my hands out for more.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:21 am
GOOD LTE

I am a liberal, BUT I can not argue with this LTE. If the truth is here, then there IS NO ground on which to stand to argue from !!

corgimom
corgimom 07/31/13 - 11:03 am
Shrimp, my sentiments

Shrimp, my sentiments exactly!

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 07/31/13 - 11:34 am
Mr. Topliff

Thank you for your service to our Country. It was a shame that there were not enough votes to remove Bill Clinton. The go-to word of the Democratic Party is "Affordable". Clinton had the "Affordable Home Ownership", and Obama has the "Affordable Healthcare Reform Act". We already know that the first one began the collapse of the housing market, which caused our last recession, and the second one is poised to cause another. Clinton was very adept at cigar insertions, and not having sex.

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/31/13 - 01:00 pm
Our country is already falling! Will we be on our knees or lying

prostrate by the time this joker is out of office?

Dixieman
Dixieman 07/31/13 - 01:06 pm
This is just off the wall

It amuses me that no one -- no one -- who wants President Obama (whom I do not like or support, so don't jump to conclusions) impeached considers the consequences.
Joe Biden becomes president. Joe Biden thus immediately gains a leg up on the 2016 election.
He is a fool and blunderer and would be WORSE and more liberal than Obama in every way. Someone once said, very accurately, of Biden, "He combines the qualities of long-windedness, pomposity and longevity in office in what passes for wisdom in Washington, DC."
President Biden?
Really? That's what you want?
And nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision for "special elections" between the regularly scheduled ones.
Sheeeesh.
The remedy to Obama's terrible programs -- the only remedy -- is to keep control of the House in 2014, take back the Senate in 2014 and elect a Republican in 2016.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 03:45 pm
"You have really been

"You have really been drinking the MSNBC cool aid !"
RMSHEFF, an OD might be in play here.

Ex-superintendent to write of miraculous recovery

Taking his doctor's advice, former Richmond County school superintendent Frank Roberson has nearly finished writing a 150-page book about his remarkable recovery from brain trauma.