Obama knows we're racist

Our country was surprised when President Obama recently spoke about racism and, obviously, this is the way he felt all his life, and it is also the way I feel.

We have lynched, cracked heads, dragged blacks out of diners and shoved them into jail. For decades we and the world saw horrendous pictures, barbarism and J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI looking the other way. President Kennedy was aware, but there was nothing he could do without losing the Democratic South. He had to die to give us Lyndon Johnson, who immediately implemented civil and voting rights laws with the unanimous vote from both houses. He was well aware that the South was lost, but he ended his speech about the laws with a hopeful phrase: “We shall overcome.”

President Obama knows we are racists. The country knows it, and the world knows it. We are hypocrites. Recently Paula Deen lost most of her sponsors for having used the N-word in the past – a word that is constantly on our racist minds. We are so very careful of our political correctness, but blacks – sorry, “African-Americans” – are and will remain second-class citizens.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 02:02 pm
I see the revisionist

I see the revisionist historian is back. Certain things are just common knowledge. Lynching Mormons and other whites happened I know this. They should not have had to hide there beliefs but they could. Blacks did not have that option. I will agree with the issues that some of you bring up in the black community. They are very serious and real, but if you guys continue to deny the mistreatment of black folks then you are right we can't have a serious conversation.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 02:10 pm
Revisionist? Really? Care

Revisionist? Really? Care to back that up with facts. What historical event did the "revisionist" get wrong? Facts please.

"but if you guys continue to deny the mistreatment of black folks then you are right we can't have a serious conversation."

Who is mistreated? Do you have names? Show us this mistreatment if it exists. Owensjef...you really should stop making up your "facts."

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 02:10 pm
Bizkit

Not to mention the lack of people trending into Math and hard sciences while opting for majors that have no value at all. Some graduate with large student debt and degrees that have no value.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 02:10 pm
What world do you live in.

What world do you live in. What year were you born?

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 02:12 pm
RMSheff and Bizkit I love

RMSheff and Bizkit I love your higher level conversation, come get in the mud. lol

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 02:14 pm
Names. uh Lenny and

Names. uh Lenny and Roosevelt, Pinkey uh uh forget it.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 02:16 pm
I raised myself outta da mud.

I raised myself outta da mud. Try it. Godoy is interesting as most Cubans are successful (it associates with family) and 90% vote Rep. I gather Godoy is the exception rather than the rule.

Darby
Darby 07/31/13 - 02:28 pm
Disregard...

Too much time spent....

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 02:19 pm
Good for you, I guess I will

Good for you, I guess I will too , goodnight

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 02:21 pm
Never had any help in my life

Never had any help in my life , I do use the VA however.

Darby
Darby 07/31/13 - 02:30 pm
Owensjef3 and some others of his political

inclination keep using phrase such as, "Lets be serious folks"

It wouldn't be so galling if they'd take their own advice on occasion.

It seems their every word or action is dictated by a crushing white guilt that permeates their thinking, filtering out the truth and creating an alternate reality.

Imagine just how much good progressives could do if they stopped thinking of blacks as helpless potential victims, unable to think or act rationally without assistance and guidance from a powerful and controlling government.

The greatest possible threat to liberalism is the prospect of a growing number of black citizens who don't want or need their "help".

And that day will come.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 02:38 pm
"What world do you live in.

"What world do you live in. What year were you born?"

I mean NOW. Stop living in the past. You know the Jews were slaves too...but you don't see them blaming the Pharaoh for everything that goes wrong in their lives.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 03:02 pm
I don't either

I don't either

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 02:45 pm
Darby

You hit the nail on the head. Liberals need an oppressed under class to survive and push their agenda. This is why the want amnesty so bad. This the next crop of federal dependents and democratic voters.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 02:49 pm
Good point Humble. God's

Good point Humble. God's people were slaves in Egypt and suffered greatly under Hitler but I hear very little complaining. They look forward and not backward.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 03:01 pm
No they don't, their motto is

No they don't, their motto is never again. (Israel) You guys say anything to take sides .

Pops
Pops 07/31/13 - 03:07 pm
Our country

is so bad no one wants to come here and live. That's why we see so many minorities fleeing, leaving all their possessions behind and settling in South Africa and Zimbabwe....both of those black ruled countries are a shining examples of peace and prosperity.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 03:06 pm
Thumbs down for saying I

Thumbs down for saying I never had Gov. Help other than the military benefits. Oh Boy. Who did that?

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 03:14 pm
Except for the fact that

Except for the fact that South Africa has one the highest Murder rates in the history mankind, other than that I guess it's peacful.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 03:17 pm
Pops I'll see you and Snowden

Pops I'll see you and Snowden in Putin's house.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 03:23 pm
Owesjef I am starting to

Owesjef I am starting to think some people just read your moniker and then give you a thumbs down without reading it. I get a lot of thumbs down too. Let's do an experiment and change your moniker and say the same thing. Missed you today-we need all perspectives. I think the disintegration of family is increasing every ethnicities problems with failing education, poverty and violence in our youth. I don't care what your ethnicity or political party we need some good ideas to assure our future. Right now emotions are so high I don't think anything productive will get done.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 03:27 pm
"Pops I'll see you and

"Pops I'll see you and Snowden in Putin's house."
Now that's pretty funny. Levity with brevity. A man of all season and reason.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 03:26 pm
OWEN

The Jewish people did say "never again" and proceeded to build a prosperous country and a military that is only second to Americas military. They did not rely on anyone other than themselves. They have fought all of their own wars with success being surrounded by enemies that have sworn to destroy them. We have been their friend and ally but you can't help but admire their progress and resolve .

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 07/31/13 - 03:27 pm
You must have your own little red thumb troll, OJ3

If they do it for no discernible reason, congratulate yourself for tromping through someone's garden and messing up their nice, neat rows. My little troll always makes me feel successful.

owensjef3 07/31/13 - 03:29 pm
Lol

Lol

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 03:32 pm
Fiat I sometimes get the

Fiat I sometimes get the feelin' I get on your nerves. It's OK I apparently do that a lot. But I like your arguments and manner of communication. Seem like a real gentleman. I try not to be obnoxious or weird but apparently I damaged that area of my brain.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 03:35 pm
OWEN

I was fortunate to have the editor and owner of the main South African news paper stay with me during the Masters Golf tournament for about 4 years running. This was at the time when the white South Africans were be forced to turn the country over to the black majority. He was forced to abandon all of his property and vacate the country. He predicted exactly what you are seeing in South Africa now. The country would have been much better off to have had a slow transition of power over a long period of time. It is indeed the murder capitol of the world. South Africa is a beautiful country with vast natural resources and if it had been governed correctly a shining example for all of Africa.

deestafford
deestafford 07/31/13 - 03:38 pm
"How To Sabotage Black Upward Mobility"

That's the title of a column by Dr Walter E. Williams that I just finished reading on TownHall.com. The bottom line of it is: Conversations with white people will not solve the problems of the black community. Only black people can solve the problems.

In the column he gives some great historical comparisons of today's black community with some as far back as slavery. Once again he lays out the truth for all to see but won't even be looked at by the liberals--white and black.

It should show up on the ACE page in the next day or so.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 03:48 pm
"Please, t3bldsoe, learn your

"Please, t3bldsoe, learn your American history."
Ain't gonna happen.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 05:53 pm
owensjef3 @ 3:02

"They are very serious and real, but if you guys continue to deny the mistreatment of black folks then you are right we can't have a serious conversation."

Well stated !! Glad to see that someone sees things as they really are !!